The all-encompassing chase for Lord Stanley's Cup thread 2021!!!!

C-Man

10 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

That was the tightest sweep I've ever seen. Haha, fuck you Mike Smith! Also, would be surprised if Connor McDavid goes to Seattle. His vibe and body language showed that he doesn't trust anyone on the Oilers anymore. 

lolwut?

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

What are everybody's thoughts on Kadri's 8-game suspension? It was a bad, bad hit -- and he's got a track record of bad behavior. Compare that to Tom Wilson's $5K fine and things seem out-of-kilter.

The NHL said Kadri’s past suspensions contributed to the length of this punishment even if the last one was two years ago while playing for Toronto in the playoffs.

The 18-month rule is primarily in place to determine fine and forfeited salary maximums and rates,” the league said. “It is not at all meant to periodically erase any player’s supplemental discipline history.”

In the Department of Safety’s section of the league’s website, it states: “It is important to note that even if a player is not defined as a ‘repeat offender,’ his past history may come into consideration when determining future supplemental discipline.”

While playing for the Maple Leafs, Kadri was suspended three games for interference (November 2013), four for an illegal check to the head (March 2015), four for cross-checking (April 2016), three for boarding (April 2018 playoffs) and five for a cross-check (April 2019).

---

Kadri’s suspension was the longest in the playoffs since 2013 when San Jose’s Raffi Torres got six games for a head-shot on Los Angeles’ Jarret Stoll. It is the longest this year in the NHL, eclipsing the seven games Washington’s Tom Wilson got for hitting Boston’s Brandon Carlo.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/05/22/nazem-kadris-suspension-repeat-offender-nhl/

I didn't go look up Wilson's history, but it seems clear that Toronto takes a dim view of Kadri. I doubt the appeal goes anywhere.

This happened last night. 

Considering how putrid the Wild looked in the middle of this series, I'm legitimate shocked to see this series go to Game 7. It's Friday night in Vegas. 

Incidentally, the Wild are 2-0 in Game 7s, and came from 3-1 deficits both times during that WCF run in 2003.