Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

I feel fairly certain the Giorgio Chiellini was on the cover of my mother’s latest AARP magazine. 

It must have been AARP’s Euro 2020 preview with a look at the managers and one player who are over 50 years of age. 

EURO 2020’s 50 OVER 50

Edited by Napoleon

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't know what constitutes a handball any longer. that last one was indeed a quick ball, and running requires the swinging of arms, but that arm was well away from the turkish player's body.

Agreed 

The arm was away from his body, BUT…

You could see that he was trying to pull his arm away from the path of the ball when he got hit. He definitely was not leaving it out there to hit the ball. 

I think that in most leagues in the West these days, that’s a handball, but according to the rules of this tournament, apparently it is not.
🍄🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, RamjetFDO said:

Italy definitely feeling it now... if they have this level of movement going forward, they're going to be dangerous.

Yep, classic Italian defense structure with a precision, Germany-esque attacking/control skill.    That’s a damn dangerous team 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Dutch with a coach who was fired by an mls team and doesn’t know who is on his roster.   Hard pass.   Now they probably win it

Honestly, if they shit the bed it gives them time to fire him and replace with ten Hag before the WC. So there is a bright side.

How the hell de Bour got the job is still beyond me.

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

darkhorse pick:  Denmark.  i'm not saying this will be a repeat of 1992, but this team has some good players in key positions.  

Schmeichel in goal; Christensen at center-back; Eriksen, Hojbjerg, and Delaney in the midfield; Braithwaite and Poulsen up top.  they can give Belgium some trouble in Group B.

oh, and Denmark plays all of its group stage matches in Copenhagen.  Belgium is getting fucked.  they play Denmark in Copenhagen and Russia in St. Petersburg.

rocksolid D trumps no #9.  eriksen is the wildcard here.  if we get 17/18 eriksen then dark is your horse.  34 appearances but only 4 goals at inter this season.