Critical Race Theory policy in hiring at UT

PHLaggie

Not sure whether this is the right forum to share this news and analysis of UT-Austin's new campus-wide plan to implement diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DEI), which is a flagship method of acting out the Critical Race Theory. If it is, continue on and check out this youtube link.  If not, delete and disregard.

----

Following in the footsteps of The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington, he University of Texas, Austin, has initiated a campus-wide plan to force diversity, equity, and inclusivity into the administrative operation of the university, particularly in hiring, promotions, recognition, and awards. This is a bold step by the university administration in making the university functionally religious and, more importantly, unmaking the university as an educational institution.

Of course, this isn't to pick on UT Austin. Most universities are doing the same thing to themselves now, much to our detriment as a society. So are most companies, schools, churches, and everything else. The ideas are shallow and functionally identical, so even if UT Austin isn't interesting to you, these kinds of plans are likely to be infecting something closer to your life. In this episode of the New Discourses Podcast, James Lindsay takes this jargon-heavy plan (http://bit.ly/UTAustinDEI) and reads through it, breaking it down so that people outside of the inner circle of UT Austin's diversicracy can make sense of what these plans entail. The short answer is an ideological reworking of the institution to make it into something it never should have been: a seminary to a new totalizing ideology that is taking over our society and poisoning our minds.

Join Dr. Lindsay as he reads through this document and breaks down exactly why the requirements it entails amount to creating de facto discrimination, quotas in employment and advancement, and wholesale corruption that is to be enabled by a raft of expensive new equity commissars who add nothing of value to the institution. If UT Austin is something close to your life, this might be especially alarming and informative to you, as it is setting itself on the same path that destroyed The Evergreen State College in 2017. If not, you'll still find much value in the discussion of this document because something approaching a facsimile is likely to be in place or in the works wherever you learn, work, or worship. James's goal in this episode of the podcast is to inform you about what these documents really entail wherever they arise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0xKcENvmg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'll give the OP cash money, right now, if -- no googling -- he can tell us, coherently and with some level of detail, what "critical race theory" actually is.

i googled it and still don't know.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

acting out the Critical Race Theory

force diversity, equity, and inclusivity into the administrative operation of the university, particularly in hiring, promotions, recognition, and awards 

unmaking the university as an educational institution.

much to our detriment as a society.

So are most companies, schools, churches, and everything else.

The ideas are shallow and functionally identical

likely to be infecting something closer to your life

is taking over our society and poisoning our minds.

creating de facto discrimination

quotas in employment and advancement

wholesale corruption that is to be enabled by a raft of expensive new equity commissars who add nothing of value to the institution

this might be especially alarming

setting itself on the same path that destroyed The Evergreen State College in 2017.

something approaching a facsimile is likely to be in place or in the works wherever you learn, work, or worship

I edited the original post, to highlight the Fox-like propaganda keyword fear bullshit that triggers weaker minds to be outraged about...   diversity and inclusion.  God forbid we not be complete racist, sexist, bigoted assholes.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'll give the OP cash money, right now, if -- no googling -- he can tell us, coherently and with some level of detail, what "critical race theory" actually is.

CRT is an evolution of postmodernism and of cultural Marxism-- the modifier "cultural" to Marxism being needed since Marxism deals primarily with issues of money (haves vs have nots) whereas CRT (and certain thinkers in postmodernism) puts the Marxist trope onto race. 

There is adequately detailed information available on CRT by cogent thinkers online; it's not hard to understand that it is at its core a divisive ideology.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i googled it and still don't know.

CRT posits that any differential outcomes are the result of race, and that America is systemically a racist society. It provides next to zero credence to individualism, to each person's personal agency to effect their own life.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

That isn't what CRT is.

Other than trying to tie it to scary things like "marxism" and describing is as scary with a "core of divisive ideology," what exactly about CRT do you think is incorrect?

If you believe in it, then why would it be "scary" to you?! :)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, PHLaggie said:

If you believe in it, then why would it be "scary" to you?! :)

It isn't scary to me. Are you not able to answer my question?

Other than trying to tie it to scary things like "marxism" and describing is as scary with a "core of divisive ideology," what exactly about CRT do you think is incorrect?

Not sure whether this is the right forum to share this news and analysis of UT-Austin's new campus-wide plan to implement diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DEI), which is a flagship method of acting out the Critical Race Theory. If it is, continue on and check out this youtube link.  If not, delete and disregard.
----
Following in the footsteps of The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington, he University of Texas, Austin, has initiated a campus-wide plan to force diversity, equity, and inclusivity into the administrative operation of the university particularly in hiring, promotions, recognition, and awards. This is a bold step by the university administration in making the university functionally religious and, more importantly, unmaking the university as an educational institution.
Of course, this isn't to pick on UT Austin. Most universities are doing the same thing to themselves now, much to our detriment as a society. So are most companies, schools, churches, and everything else. The ideas are shallow and functionally identical, so even if UT Austin isn't interesting to you, these kinds of plans are likely to be infecting something closer to your life. In this episode of the New Discourses Podcast, James Lindsay takes this jargon-heavy plan (http://bit.ly/UTAustinDEI) and reads through it, breaking it down so that people outside of the inner circle of UT Austin's diversicracy can make sense of what these plans entail. The short answer is an ideological reworking of the institution to make it into something it never should have been: a seminary to a new totalizing ideology that is taking over our society and poisoning our minds.
Join Dr. Lindsay as he reads through this document and breaks down exactly why the requirements it entails amount to creating de facto discrimination, quotas in employment and advancement, and wholesale corruption that is to be enabled by a raft of expensive new equity commissars who add nothing of value to the institution. If UT Austin is something close to your life, this might be especially alarming and informative to you, as it is setting itself on the same path that destroyed The Evergreen State College in 2017. If not, you'll still find much value in the discussion of this document because something approaching a facsimile is likely to be in place or in the works wherever you learn, work, or worship. James's goal in this episode of the podcast is to inform you about what these documents really entail wherever they arise.

So Texas is going to FORCE Texas. Great writing aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It isn't scary to me. Are you not able to answer my question?

I don't have to answer to you separately; read what I posted elsewhere-- one issue with CRT (and other critical theories and postmodernism which deals with power structures and how to deconstruct it) is that it essentializes race to the exclusion of individualism. Beyond that, it also sees no progress in America as far as racial issues are concerned.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

So Texas is going to FORCE Texas. Great writing aggy.

that's not MY writing-- that's the copy from youtube's description of the video, so that would be by the guy in the youtube video, Dr. James Lindsay (who is not an aggy). Follow along.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That isn't what CRT is.

Can you explain it for the layman? 

Edited by lmao

9 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

it essentializes race to the exclusion of individualism. Beyond that, it also sees no progress in America as far as racial issues are concerned.

You aren't able to describe any thing about CRT that is incorrect.  I'll note that.  You seem to have concerns with what you feel it emphasizes and what you feel it says about racial progress.  A lot of folks seem to be driven by feelings when it comes this topic. My recommendation is to acknowledge that a simplified version of CRT boils down to the fact systemic racism exists in the US.  

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

You aren't able to describe any thing about CRT that is incorrect.  I'll note that.  You seem to have concerns with what you feel it emphasizes and what you feel it says about racial progress.  A lot of folks seem to be driven by feelings when it comes this topic. My recommendation is to acknowledge that a simplified version of CRT boils down to the fact systemic racism exists in the US.  

What is a current example of systemic racism in the United States, other than affirmative action?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

CRT means you are either an oppressor or a victim based on your skin color.

It isn't about you. It's about the system.  It's about the systems (tax, land regulation, schools, etc.) that have led to a disproportionate accumulation of wealth on a population level.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What is a current example of systemic racism in the United States, other than affirmative action?

differential access to the goods, services, and opportunities of society by race. Institutionalized racism is normative, sometimes legalized and often manifests as inherited disadvantage. It is structural, having been absorbed into our institutions of custom, practice, and law, so there need not be an identifiable offender. Indeed, institutionalized racism is often evident as inaction in the face of need, manifesting itself both in material conditions and in access to power. With regard to the former, examples include differential access to quality education, sound housing, gainful employment, appropriate medical facilities, and a clean environment.[38]

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I'm myself not white, and in fact a racial minority. So I'd "benefit" from a full implementation of CRT. However, I have seen similar ideologies implemented elsewhere in the world, and it does not lead to a good place. I sure hope America (and UT, and A&M too, obviously) isn't winding down that path.  "Systemic racism" is indeed an assertion, an argument by assertion, forwarded by CRT. It simply doesn't bear out in most walks of life in America. If CRT backers allow that America has progressed on the issues of race even since 1960s, then they would literally undo their scholarship; therefore, they must insist that we're not living in year 2021; that for some Americans, it might as well be 1921 or 1821.

Here's a quick two paragraphs from Richard Delgado's seminal book on the subject-- I believe it is a textbook used in every class on this subject at university level:

"What Is Critical Race Theory?

The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection ofactivists and scholars interested in studying and transform-ing the relationship among race, racism, and power. The2|Introduction

movement considers many of the same issues that conven-tional civil rights and ethnic studies discourses take up, butplaces them in a broader perspective that includes econom-ics, history, context, group- and self-interest, and even feel-ings and the unconscious. Unlike traditional civil rights,which embraces incrementalism and step-by-step progress,critical race theory questions the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, En-lightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitu-tional law."

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5441df7ee4b02f59465d2869/t/5d8e9fdec6720c0557cf55fa/1569628126531/DELGADO++Critical+Race+Theory.pdf

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

CRT is an evolution of postmodernism and of cultural Marxism-- the modifier "cultural" to Marxism being needed since Marxism deals primarily with issues of money (haves vs have nots) whereas CRT (and certain thinkers in postmodernism) puts the Marxist trope onto race. 

There is adequately detailed information available on CRT by cogent thinkers online; it's not hard to understand that it is at its core a divisive ideology.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Aggy and antisemitic conspiracy theories. Name a more iconic duo.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, PHLaggie said:

So I'd "benefit" from a full implementation of CRT

What does it mean to fully implement CRT from your understanding? 

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

"Systemic racism" is indeed an assertion, an argument by assertion, forwarded by CRT. It simply doesn't bear out in most walks of life in America.

Something that doesn't bear out in most walks of life in the US may still be true and a reality in the US.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It isn't about you. It's about the system.  It's about the systems (tax, land regulation, schools, etc.) that have led to a disproportionate accumulation of wealth on a population level.

If you want me to disagree that slavery and Jim Crow don't have an impact on blacks today, then I can't.  It does.  Which is why I would have no problem with cash reparations.

CRT is harmful to everyone.  It sows division.  It makes whites feel bad about something they had nothing to do with.  It fosters a victimhood mentality in minorities.  Confirmation bias is one of the strongest force in our brains. When you are convinced that you are oppressed, you will see it everywhere and it will ruin your life in one way or another. It won't allow you, after experiencing a shortcoming, to learn and grow.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Aggy and antisemitic conspiracy theories. Name a more iconic duo.

Notice that I never referred to the Frankfurt School.  You can deflect and argue via smears, but apparently not on facts. Too bad. There is nothing antisemitic in my posts, not even any intent. To read into it is itself pretty idiotic and lazy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

It makes whites feel bad about something they had nothing to do with. 

If all you've ever known is the fruits and privileged of an inherently inequal system (read: being born on 3rd and acting like you hit a triple), then equality certainly could seem like oppression. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

If you want me to disagree that slavery and Jim Crow don't have an impact on blacks today, then I can't.  It does.

Then it is highly probable you agree with most of CRT.  

CRT is harmful to everyone.  It sows division.  It makes whites feel bad about something they had nothing to do with.  It fosters a victimhood mentality in minorities.  Confirmation bias is one of the strongest force in our brains. When you are convinced that you are oppressed, you will see it everywhere and it will ruin your life in one way or another. It won't allow you, after experiencing a shortcoming, to learn and grow.

I understand a lot of folks have uncomfortable feelings about it.  A lot of folks have been told to mistrust it. There is a rather large propaganda campaign against it right now. 

I think there is the facts about CRT (systemic racism, etc.) and then there is the culture war/cancel culture aspect of things these days that people don't like. CRT is not cancel culture.   

This shit is way easier than anyone wants to admit and it starts with accountability. Just hold people accountable for fucked up shit and this all fixes itself - instead we let everyone just do what they want and only hold people of a certain socio-economic status or race accountable and viola! oppression.

• Hook 'Em 3

Notice that I never referred to the Frankfurt School.  You can deflect and argue via smears, but apparently not on facts. Too bad. There is nothing antisemitic in my posts, not even any intent. To read into it is itself pretty idiotic and lazy.

My dude, that's the top hit if you Google "cultural marxism". The term of art evolved from goebbels and the third reich ministry of propoganda's "cultural bolshevism". It's literally the same fucking argument. 

Educate yourself, aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I confess that I am utterly unsurprised by the response of OP -- it was exactly as big a pile of garbage as I thought it would be.

The damned shame of it is, there actually COULD be some really interesting conversations about CRT, about what it means, about where the proper boundaries and balance lie, etc.  But we'll never, ever, ever have any of them, because it's been reduced to a collection of lazy buzzwords by its critics, and there it shall stay.

I mean, I think it's pretty obvious to acknowledge that systemic issues are a FACTOR in current racial socioeconomic status in the US.  Not to the exclusion of individual action and responsibility, but certainly as a factor alongside individual action.

How many of our cities are laid out (and divided, and thus zoned) is largely a function of race-based decisions and actions.  Austin included.  Here's a good piece that summarizes some of the bigger factors: https://projects.statesman.com/news/economic-mobility/

Would any honest conversation about those factors acknowledge that 1) as time has gone by, particularly post-civil rights movement and post Austin's economic boom, the effects of those factors become more muted, but also 2) that they are not entirely erased?  That's what an honest conversation would do.  But we won't have one of those.  Instead, we'll have further buzzword-laden mental masturbation by people like the OP, regurgitating shit from Fox and Prager U.

I haven't cited Fox or Prager, not that citation to either of those by itself would be enough to "cancel" the issue of DEI imposition.

Redlining was also imposed against Irish and Italian neighborhoods in most major cities. And if you want to talk about how to make it better, you first have to accept that America of today is not the America of 1619 or 1921, that we have improved and continue to improve. CRT doesn't accept that change, and wants to throw out the baby with the bath water.

If white people fled cities post-war, leading to impoverished and disinvested areas of majority black (or hispanic), then are you happier now that there is a beeline of white (and other) folks coming back into the cities? Most people with a leftist ideological bent call this "gentrification" and are dead set against it. So then, you're bad if you do and bad if you don't. I wonder where white people should live without their choice being labeled as fundamentally racist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

I haven't cited Fox or Prager, not that citation to either of those by itself would be enough to "cancel" the issue of DEI imposition.

Redlining was also imposed against Irish and Italian neighborhoods in most major cities. And if you want to talk about how to make it better, you first have to accept that America of today is not the America of 1619 or 1921, that we have improved and continue to improve. CRT doesn't accept that change, and wants to throw out the baby with the bath water.

If white people fled cities post-war, leading to impoverished and disinvested areas of majority black (or hispanic), then are you happier now that there is a beeline of white (and other) folks coming back into the cities? Most people with a leftist ideological bent call this "gentrification" and are dead set against it. So then, you're bad if you do and bad if you don't. I wonder where white people should live without their choice being labeled as fundamentally racist.

You manage to make so many absolute statements that are patently false that it's not worth even arguing with you.

"you first have to accept that America of today is not the America of 1619 or 1921, that we have improved and continue to improve. CRT doesn't accept that change" --- just flat-out false.  CRT does not stand for the proposition that neighborhoods are still redlined today, as just one example.  But neighborhoods still bear the EFFECTS of past redlining.  There has been change.  But there are still observable effects.  Both things are true.  That's but one thing I can pick out.  Your prior posts are laden with similar false bullshit, and I'm not going to waste time refuting the obviously false.

I'm not going to waste further time arguing with you.  You're intellectually dishonest, and intellectually lazy.  You can continue your mental masturbation here, but I'm going to treat it like I would any other mentally deficient person yanking it in public -- I'll keep on walking and ignore you.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Remember last few years when the University was totally unequitable, uninclusive, and totally discriminatory in its hiring, promotion, and recognition processes

I guess we are getting something for the $30 million a year the University of Texas spends on its Diversity Department.

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

My dude, that's the top hit if you Google "cultural marxism". The term of art evolved from goebbels and the third reich ministry of propoganda's "cultural bolshevism". It's literally the same fucking argument. 

Educate yourself, aggy. 

So apparently Longhorn went to the google school? If Goebbels referenced something, it means there is no other reference to it? There is literally an entire set of scholarship devoted to cultural Marxism. Here's just one essay:
https://pages.gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/kellner/essays/culturalmarxism.pdf

• Fuck You 1