Critical Race Theory policy in hiring at UT

PHLaggie

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I knew several people from New Orleans from undergrad and law school.  They pretty much all went to Catholic schools because NO already had that infrastructure and the public schools were horrendous.

I had a friend my freshman year in college who was from NO.  His parents visited one weekend, and I was talking to his dad about how everyone from La. seemed to have gone to a Catholic HS.  His dad said real matter-of-factly, "In Louisiana, 'private school' is a euphemism for 'We don't want no n*ggers here.'"

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

On a related note, a guy I know in Houston just pulled all of his kids from River Oaks Baptist Elementary in the middle of the academic year due to "wokeism" and masks. Musta been an emphasis on the RO, less on the Baptist. 

Would you say this gentleman looks like a hamster by any chance?

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:43 AM, Incredulity said:

When Mauise Ricard III paid a $560.43 application fee to Wells Fargo & Co. on Valentine’s Day in 2020 to refinance his mortgage on a four-bedroom brick colonial in a leafy suburb of Atlanta, he had every reason to expect an easy ride. The Microsoft Corp. engineer is married to a doctor and has a credit score north of 800, putting him in America’s credit elite. 

Clicked on the article as I was interested to read the source of the refusal statistics.  Couldn’t make it past the opening paragraph.  800 credit score engineer at Microsoft paid $560 for a refinance application…

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Bought my house some years back with AmCap handling the loan side. As you know they package it in when they sell it and Wells Fargo picked it up. So I had Wells Fargo for 2 years when Mortgage rates plummeted and decided to refi. Slightly higher income, same credit score(800) and a house they already had the mortgage on.........denied. It got picked up through another company so I got mine, but.

9 hours ago, Foosters said:

On a related note, a guy I know in Houston just pulled all of his kids from River Oaks Baptist Elementary in the middle of the academic year due to "wokeism" and masks. Musta been an emphasis on the RO, less on the Baptist. 

So if a Baptist school is too "woke", I'm assuming that leaves only home schooling or some kind of Christian Taliban school I'm unaware of. 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, Johnny Sack said:

The median inheritance in America is like $15,000 for whites and $3,000 for blacks.  If you want to do reparations to make up for that delta.  Lets do it.  

Yeah, you get it. I would love for you to have a conversation with some educated Black people so you can understand all the obstacles we face in the work place alone. We can't even get stern in the work place because the Angry Black Man/Woman card gets tossed on the table immediately.

Now back to your statement. My grandmother went back and got her nursing degree after my mom got hers. She died penniless. My mom was a nurse, died at 64, and was also penniless. I paid for her funeral. Neither even owned a home. My wife's grandmother(she is white) is 101. She has been giving us a check for 2-3k for Christmas every year since we've been together. This year, fearing it will be her last, she gave us 10k. My wife's parents had a house in Tahoe and one on the big island in Hawaii. Getting older they sold those houses and downsized to a 4000sq ft house in Phoenix that they paid cash for. When they die my wife will get a few million, plus the home they live in. These are three generations of college educated people on both sides. But maybe my situation is a one off?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

These are three generations of college educated people on both sides. But maybe my situation is a one off?

I get what you’re saying, but yeah, that’s pretty one-off territory.  Surely you don’t think most college educated white families have several vacation homes in some of the most desirable spots in the country?  

• Hook 'Em 1

i think Black families, and to some extent Hispanics, should be exempt from Estate Taxes.  At least for some decade-long period.  There was no estate tax in this country for a long while, but only white families had anything to pass on in perpetuity.  The field has been leveled somewhat in the last few decades in terms of creating and growing wealth, but there's a reason that of all the family offices that have been around for over 50 years, none are families of color because of that estate tax advantage.  

Just let families of color over a certain wealth threshold pass that long with no tax implications.  Won't really effect the federal revenue stream very much.  

But the fun part is watch how many "white families" suddenly 23-and-me figure out that they've got 5% black ancestry or 14% hispanic ancestry.  Like the 55 Speed Limit.  It'll start out trying to spur multi-generational wealth in certain populations.  But it'll end up becoming a situation where white families suddenly discover their minority roots in order to save money on inheritance taxes.  It would be the most amazing social experiment in the history of mankind.  

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I get what you’re saying, but yeah, that’s pretty one-off territory.  Surely you don’t think most college educated white families have several vacation homes in some of the most desirable spots in the country?  

Agreed, but both of them started off the same way. It's not like my father in law did anything special. He just invested some money into some property and they got funding to develop on it. At age 71 he has done well for himself, but it all started with walking into a bank and getting the initial cap to get started. Even middle class families are able to leave a home to their children. Meanwhile, in Black families your parents are a financial burden on you until they pass. People who have never had the burden of financially taking of their parents simply do not understand. 

• Hook 'Em 2

For someone who says he doesn't hate whites, it sure sounds like Mr. Kendi hate whites:

I have to set the record straight. Even though I oppose many European practices, I do not hate them. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t have this burning sensation of white hate inside my soul that is driving me to seek knowledge about my history, my present and my future.

As a matter of fact, too many blacks are driven by hate. This hate causes them to crash before they get to their destinations of insight or reform. I’m a firm believer that hate impedes your judgment and directs your mind toward notions it wouldn’t otherwise consider.

I certainly understand those blacks who have been wrapped up in a tornado of hate because they could not escape the encircling winds of truth about the destructive hand of the white man. I also understand that extracting hate from an informed black person with a high level of black consciousness would involve transcending race. But transcending race in this society is like breaking out of a glass box.

Nevertheless, other than not wanting hate to be the weed that stunts my intellectual growth, I don’t hate white folk because I’m a Christian. How can you hate a group of people for being who they are? Similarly, how can you hate a turtle because it won’t keep up? That would be like parents hating their children because they are different. All of our children aren’t the same. Europeans are completely different from Asians who are completely different from Hispanics and so on and so forth

Europeans are simply a different breed of human. They are socialized to be aggressive people. They are taught to live by the credo, “survival of the fittest.” They are raised to be racist.

Caucasians make up only 10 percent of the world’s population and that small percentage of people have recessive genes. Therefore they’re facing extinction. Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play.

Europeans are trying to survive and I can’t hate them for that. However, I’m not going to just sit back and let them physically, mentally, socially, spiritually and economically destroy my people.

Although I don’t hate whites, I would still prefer to be in the field as opposed to the house.

http://www.thefamuanonline.com/2003/09/09/living-with-the-white-race/

Maybe his heart has softened since he penned these articles.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

For someone who says he doesn't hate whites, it sure sounds like Mr. Kendi hate whites:

I have to set the record straight. Even though I oppose many European practices, I do not hate them. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t have this burning sensation of white hate inside my soul that is driving me to seek knowledge about my history, my present and my future.

As a matter of fact, too many blacks are driven by hate. This hate causes them to crash before they get to their destinations of insight or reform. I’m a firm believer that hate impedes your judgment and directs your mind toward notions it wouldn’t otherwise consider.

I certainly understand those blacks who have been wrapped up in a tornado of hate because they could not escape the encircling winds of truth about the destructive hand of the white man. I also understand that extracting hate from an informed black person with a high level of black consciousness would involve transcending race. But transcending race in this society is like breaking out of a glass box.

Nevertheless, other than not wanting hate to be the weed that stunts my intellectual growth, I don’t hate white folk because I’m a Christian. How can you hate a group of people for being who they are? Similarly, how can you hate a turtle because it won’t keep up? That would be like parents hating their children because they are different. All of our children aren’t the same. Europeans are completely different from Asians who are completely different from Hispanics and so on and so forth

Europeans are simply a different breed of human. They are socialized to be aggressive people. They are taught to live by the credo, “survival of the fittest.” They are raised to be racist.

Caucasians make up only 10 percent of the world’s population and that small percentage of people have recessive genes. Therefore they’re facing extinction. Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play.

Europeans are trying to survive and I can’t hate them for that. However, I’m not going to just sit back and let them physically, mentally, socially, spiritually and economically destroy my people.

Although I don’t hate whites, I would still prefer to be in the field as opposed to the house.

http://www.thefamuanonline.com/2003/09/09/living-with-the-white-race/

Maybe his heart has softened since he penned these articles.

You really didn't listen at all to that Hardcore History about the Atlantic slave trade, huh champ? The united states was a caste system nation up until the civil rights movement and reintegration, still well within living memory.

But it would be inconvenient to actually examine critically the policies and choices we make as a society to test if there is an inherent inequity, yeah? So much easier to live in your small colorblind world where everyone deserves their station in life and definitely aren't the product of generations of history. 

Jesus, sack. It's Friday. Don't you have some books to ban or families to prosecute for letting their boy wear pink? Or at least crank up the drinking to the point you can't type anymore my dude. Thanks in advance

• Hook 'Em 2

Dude, Johnny.  What the fuck man?  That's a fucking rant even for you.  I'm 90% sure this is just an internet persona of yours, but maybe take a step back and volunteer or get to a church this weekend or something.  I know I'm just a clown for your royal amusement, but take a break.  You're not "European", you're a guy who lucked out in the grandparent lottery from some armpit of Texas.  Your "European People" don't need your defense.  Your country needs you to be better though.  Be best, sweetheart. 

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Dude, Johnny.  What the fuck man?  That's a fucking rant even for you.  I'm 90% sure this is just an internet persona of yours, but maybe take a step back and volunteer or get to a church this weekend or something.  I know I'm just a clown for your royal amusement, but take a break.  You're not "European", you're a guy who lucked out in the grandparent lottery from some armpit of Texas.  Your "European People" don't need your defense.  Your country needs you to be better though.  Be best, sweetheart. 

He’s white. So obviously he’s out trying to level the playing field with…Aids(?) and out cloning something.  

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Staring George Costanza GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You understand he was quoting someone else, right? And that someone else was clearly in conspiracy theory world.

It just read like something he’d write.  I did say I was 90% sure it was internet schtick.  I dunno.  I got Ted Cruz’s staffers asking for campus access to rifle through the library stacks to find controversial books.  What the fuck

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It just read like something he’d write.  I did say I was 90% sure it was internet schtick.  I dunno.  I got Ted Cruz’s staffers asking for campus access to rifle through the library stacks to find controversial books.  What the fuck

I linked the article Kendi wrote on his FAMU website.

He is one racist mofo. “I don’t hate you. You can’t help it if you are evil incarnate with a heart full of murder who doesn’t deserve to draw breath. It’s not your fault that's just your nature as a Caucasian.” 

He definitely views not hating whites as a symbol of his extraordinary tolerance, for the whites are just violent creatures trying to survive. He's also the guy who coined the term anti-racist. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

You sure read a lot of Dr. Kendi.

You have anything substantive to add?  You agree with him?

Society should treat that racist POS like the do any KKK member.  With disgust and derision.  He shouldn't be celebrated with awards.

Edited by Johnny Sack

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He is one racist mofo. “I don’t hate you. You can’t help it if you are evil incarnate with a heart full of murder who doesn’t deserve to draw breath. It’s not your fault that's just your nature as a Caucasian.” 

He definitely views not hating whites as a symbol of his extraordinary tolerance, for the whites are just violent creatures trying to survive. He's also the guy who coined the term anti-racist. 

Antira?   That’s racist.  It’s pronounced Antifa.  Didn’t you watch the end of “a Christmas story?”

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Man that's quite an inspired interpretation of his writing. Got any more kliffs notes? I'd love to see your circular that you shared in part earlier! 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Society should treat that racist POS like the do any KKK member.  With disgust and derision.  He shouldn't be celebrated with awards.

As I have written before, I agree with his view that most of us can perform acts of racism without being racist per se.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2022 at 4:47 AM, Thatguy said:

Yeah, you get it. I would love for you to have a conversation with some educated Black people so you can understand all the obstacles we face in the work place alone. We can't even get stern in the work place because the Angry Black Man/Woman card gets tossed on the table immediately.

Now back to your statement. My grandmother went back and got her nursing degree after my mom got hers. She died penniless. My mom was a nurse, died at 64, and was also penniless. I paid for her funeral. Neither even owned a home. My wife's grandmother(she is white) is 101. She has been giving us a check for 2-3k for Christmas every year since we've been together. This year, fearing it will be her last, she gave us 10k. My wife's parents had a house in Tahoe and one on the big island in Hawaii. Getting older they sold those houses and downsized to a 4000sq ft house in Phoenix that they paid cash for. When they die my wife will get a few million, plus the home they live in. These are three generations of college educated people on both sides. But maybe my situation is a one off?

Clearly you need grey slacks.   Fist bump for marrying well.  

There is a freakenomics episode where they looked at a lottery of sorts (free land) which worked out to about a value of $50k for each of the lottery winners, and they found that this one time payment had little impact on the wealth of the family and their descendants for multiple generations had little statistical variation in inheritance, earnings, or education from the general population.    

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

And yet you elected that one president.  

(somehow missed "that")

Edited by Nivek

56 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It’s clear you don’t read Kendi with the idea of being challenged or enlightened in your thinking. You skim his works looking for things you find objectionable and that can help harden your fear of and opposition to discovery.

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

It’s clear you don’t read Kendi with the idea of being challenged or enlightened in your thinking. You skim his works looking for things you find objectionable and that can help harden your fear of and opposition to discovery.

How can you have something as sophomoric as what was posted above as an example of challenging or enlightening?

"Europeans are simply a different breed of human"

"Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play."

Oof. I can't imagine anyone seriously defending this unless they are conspiracy theorists or the worst sort of pandering people to blacks like those girls in fritz the cat:

2 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

How can you have something as sophomoric as what was posted above as an example of challenging or enlightening?

"Europeans are simply a different breed of human"

"Whites have tried to level the playing field with the AIDS virus and cloning, but they know these deterrents will only get them so far. This is where the murder, psychological brainwashing and deception comes into play."

Oof. I can't imagine anyone seriously defending this unless they are conspiracy theorists or the worst sort of pandering people to blacks like those girls in fritz the cat:

As you might read any academic, political or religious work, one tries to understand what the text says and what the author’s intention is. It’s the kind of thing one does when the Pauline texts on slavery.

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

As you might read any academic, political or religious work, one tries to understand what the text says and what the author’s intention is. It’s the kind of thing one does when the Pauline texts on slavery.

Now I've heard it all; comparing misanthropic race baiting, hateful and half-baked "social science" written with the same verve and skill of an angry 14 year old with Pauline texts.

I would imagine that Mr. Kendi would cringe when re-reading his early writings and I'd hope he has grown as a writer and thinker. To that degree, it's unfair to judge him solely on the quoted above alone. But I see no reason to defend it, either.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Says the guy with the (among others) seething hatred for white liberals. I think it's about time to mention the Haitian family again.

As someone said above, you clearly took nothing from that Hardcore History.

16 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I would imagine that Mr. Kendi would cringe when re-reading his early writings and I'd hope he has grown as a writer and thinker. To that degree, it's unfair to judge him solely on the quoted above alone. But I see no reason to defend it, either.

pos rep for a remarkably open-minded and reasonable paragraph.

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

You really didn't listen at all to that Hardcore History about the Atlantic slave trade, huh champ? The united states was a caste system nation up until the civil rights movement and reintegration, still well within living memory.

But it would be inconvenient to actually examine critically the policies and choices we make as a society to test if there is an inherent inequity, yeah? So much easier to live in your small colorblind world where everyone deserves their station in life and definitely aren't the product of generations of history. 

Jesus, sack. It's Friday. Don't you have some books to ban or families to prosecute for letting their boy wear pink? Or at least crank up the drinking to the point you can't type anymore my dude. Thanks in advance

Don't kid yourself, the United States is still a caste system.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

You voted for Donald Trump twice. You really shouldn't be commenting on who should or shouldn't be treated with disgust and derision.

Carlin made very clear slavery was evil and brutal.  And existed since the beginning of recorded history, wasn’t unique to the United States when we had it, the Atlantic slave trade involved Europeans, Africans and colonists in north and South America who all profited from the institutions, and still exists today in parts of the world.  

Carlin gets it right and that’s what should be taught. And I’ve got zero issue with teaching of the legacy effects of slavery and Jim Crow.  

We listened to the entire episode as a family a second time on our way back from New Orleans last Monday   

48 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You voted for Donald Trump twice. You really shouldn't be commenting on who should or shouldn't be treated with disgust and derision.

Kendi is far more racist than Trump.   Trump actually did good things for the black community.  

37 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m sure in your mentally ill mind you think that.

Is this the best you can do?  you really are the worst surly lawyer on here.   Maybe try to spend more time with people and less time comforting your kyle rittenhouse boyfriend pillow.  

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Is this the best you can do?  you really are the worst surly lawyer on here.   Maybe try to spend more time with people and less time comforting your kyle rittenhouse boyfriend pillow.  

Any thoughts on his article?  You agree with him?  

2 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

Now I've heard it all; comparing misanthropic race baiting, hateful and half-baked "social science" written with the same verve and skill of an angry 14 year old with Pauline texts.

I don’t defend Paul’s texts on slavery either. I understand that his words run counter to the meaning and intention of the larger message.

• Hook 'Em 1