Critical Race Theory policy in hiring at UT

PHLaggie

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m sure you’re very happy and well adjusted.  Like most of the cloak room leftists.  

It's interesting that you have referred to your disdain for WHITE leftists on multiple occasions.  I'm sure you don't see race.

• Haha 1

I wonder why Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms left the Democratic Party while they were very much alive.

And Richard Shelby. (Alabama, Representative and Senator)

And Kay Ivey. (Alabama, Governor)

And Phil Gramm. (Texas, Representative and Senator)

And Nathan Deal (Georgia, Governor)

And Mike Foster (Louisiana, Governor)

And Mills Godwin (Virginia, Senator)

And Claude Kirk (Florida, Senator)

And Bo Callaway (Georgia, Senator)

And Thad Cochran (Mississippi, Senator)

And Trent Lott (Mississippi, Senator)

And John Connally (Texas, Senator)

All from the South and just a coincidence, I’m sure.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Good read, surprising source

White America must recognize that justice for black people cannot be achieved without radical changes in the structure of our society,” King wrote in an essay published in 1969 titled “A Testament of Hope.” In his 1958 book Stride Toward Freedom, he wrote, “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

4 hours ago, VRHorn said:

Oh hey, racist @Johnny Sack ignores the Southern Strategy for the 100th time... tell him what he's won. 

It's disgusting that an overt racist is encouraged to post here. 

For years. As if they’re ever going to get through to that racist jackass. But they keep beating their heads against the wall. He doesn’t get it, he never will. Put him on ignore and stop wasting your time. Maybe he’ll go away. How much data do you need before you learn that feeding trolls only encourages them? ‘Oh, but we can’t let his bullshit go unanswered!’ Wrong. You can and should. The proof is in the pudding and at some point you have to recognize that your strategy of trying to reason with the unreasonable isn’t working. Never has, never will. Ignore the trolls. 

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

It’ll never not be funny to me, that so many here think @Johnny Sack is a racist. 

Imagine thinking that someone who clearly believes he's superior to black people isn't racist just because he doesn't hate black people or use the N-word. You have a cartoonish definition of what racism is my friend. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tchookem said:

I'm right there with you. Best thing I did was 2 years ago (Spring Break before everything shut down), I took my then 14 yo son took Guadalupe Mountain NP. I told him the point was to get to the tallest point in Texas, but it was actually to have some uninterrupted time with him (cell phone service is nonexistant). Had 10 hours to talk about anything and everything. Got to tell him how happy I was with the way he was growing up, but I also got to share how different it was for me. Something about the combination of being away from everything and being tired from the hike made it resonant with him. Sometimes he still forgets how good he has it, but that day was a total win for dad.

Plus we got a great hike with a great view. Top 5 day.604ff2df06927c374a6582dda851d263.jpg

I have her cutting grass, which my neighbors look at us like why are you cutting your own grass. Lol. Because she gon learn today is what I tell them. She cuts grass. Takes the trash out. Empties the dishwasher and so on. She wanted a certain kind of bed she saw on tik tok so we built it. She ran the saw and did all the measuring under my watchful eye. She was 12. We filled, sanded, stained it, and put LEDs underneath it. She was so proud of her bed when we were finished. I teach her how to jump a car and change a tire. I had her shifting the stick in my mustang when she was 10. All the same stuff my dad taught me I teach her. She will probably never tile. Never lay flooring. Never do a tuneup. Never cut grass. Never build a bed again, but she knows how. She is an 8th grader.

Trying to teach a kid hard work and value is difficult to do in this day and age. We do the best we can with what we have to work with. The cool part is even though she is still an immature, insecure middle school kid you can see it developing. My wife is like a princess, so prim and proper. She introduces her to different foods to broaden her palate, teaches her how to behave, and read her books every night until she was 10. So now we have this child who is girly in certain areas, but has my rough, no fucks given attitude in others. Its fun to see. Here is to hoping she finds her way to being a solid human being.

She is also an idealist, tree-hugging humanitarian. So hopefully she moves right next to Johnny Sack in his waning years. She will no doubt have the leftist of her day sign in her yard. She already let her friends know our house is a safe haven for anyone who is LGBTQ, and they can be themselves here. I can't imagine what she might do by the time she is old enough to move next door to Sack.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Tribalism is human nature but racism is something that is really only about 500 to 600 years old.  Racial groups didn't view themselves as a collective until the concept of race was invented. Even when different racial groups initially began to come into contact with one another it didn't suddenly cause them to disregard their tribal differences with tribes or ethnicities of their same race and suddenly have affinity for one another.  

I can't say that I am up to date on the latest scholarship on this kind of thing.  Maybe the best word for it is "otherism."  Whatever basis for labeling humans "other," humans will find and seem to indulge:  race, religion, sexuality, etc.

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I can't say that I am up to date on the latest scholarship on this kind of thing.  Maybe the best word for it is "otherism."  Whatever basis for labeling humans "other," humans will find and seem to indulge:  race, religion, sexuality, etc.

All I'm saying is that the specific otherism of race didn't become a unifying in and out group thing until it was it was invented. The notion that people would think of themselves as white or black or asian didn't begin to occur to people until about 500 or 600 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And using that lone phenotype to mark difference is absolute nonsense. Take the new coach of the Miami Dolphins, Mike McDaniel and someone like say Malcom Gladwell. The idea that one would view himself as white or biracial and the other would view himself as black as if they are 2 distinct species of human is just a ridiculous and obviously socially constructed distinction. Or take someone from Eritrea or Ethiopia and someone from Nigeria or the Cameroon. Most people would base their skin color as the most important connecting factor between these people from East and West Africa. Whereas genetic inquiry would probably result in the Ethiopian having closer kinship with someone from Italy and the Nigerian having closer kinship with someone from Puerto Rico like Jennifer Lopez than they would with each other despite their skin color.

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh hey, racist [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] ignores the Southern Strategy for the 100th time... tell him what he's won. 
It's disgusting that an overt racist is encouraged to post here. 

He keeps bringing this up like how a child that figured out what 2+2 equals.

He pretends that the Democratic Party has not come to terms with its racist past while he ignores the republicans ignoring its racist and treasonous present.

He is the russian conscript of posters.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It’s clear you don’t read Kendi with the idea of being challenged or enlightened in your thinking. You skim his works looking for things you find objectionable and that can help harden your fear of and opposition to discovery.

Just like the bible for most christians.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Trying to teach a kid hard work and value is difficult to do in this day and age. We do the best we can with what we have to work with. The cool part is even though she is still an immature, insecure middle school kid you can see it developing. My wife is like a princess, so prim and proper. She introduces her to different foods to broaden her palate, teaches her how to behave, and read her books every night until she was 10. So now we have this child who is girly in certain areas, but has my rough, no fucks given attitude in others. Its fun to see. Here is to hoping she finds her way to being a solid human being.

We were not unlike this with parenting. As much as the current gnashing of teeth and wailing about gender that is being bandied about by a certain political bent, we attempted to raise our children with the mindset of there are skills to be learned so that one is a competent adult and once learned, it is up to the individual to determine where one's interest and abilities will take them.

54 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I recommend this book, Race: A History Beyond Black and White by Marc Aronson. It is not a new book, but it is an easy read--it was intended IIRC, as an introduction for young adults so is often found in the teen section, but in my opinion, works well for adults. Give it a look see.

Race: A History Beyond Black and White by Marc Aronson

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

It’ll never not be funny to me, that so many here think @Johnny Sack is a racist. 

I have absolutely no idea who Johnny Sack is as a person in real life, and don't particularly care. But the internet persona that he has created is absolutely racist, and proudly so.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The south was controlled by democrats until the mid 90s. Republicans took over when racist democrats died off.     

This is wrong. You are insulting the intelligence of this board. Go to Texags with that shit. Editing forthcoming.......

64.png

68.png

72.png

12 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The south was controlled by democrats until the mid 90s. Republicans took over when racist democrats died off.     

You are insulting our intelligence. Take that bullshit to Texags for an echo chamber.

64.png

Goldwater invented the Southern Strategy in 1964 and as you can see the usual subjects ate it up, save for Texas who had their political son running for President.

68.png

In 68 a west coast guy named Nixon, whom the south didn't trust, was running for office. He was saying all the right things but being where he was from the south sat this one out.

72.png

By 1972 Nixon had perfect dog whistling and the Southern Strategy. The South would go on to largely vote Repub, only breaking protocol for two southern democrats in Carter and Clinton.

But despite all this bullshit its the people and not the political party that matter. Basically, all the racist, toothless inbreds used to hang out at the old hole in the wall bar called "The Democrat". But management changed, they cleaned the place up, and hung new shiny stuff on the walls that the regulars didn't like. They wanted that old hole in the wall feel so they started hanging out at a bar down the street named "The Republican". The people at the Republican saw the regulars from the other bar had no home, and as a struggling business they decided to start selling the products they used to have at the Democrat to bring them in. They've been there ever since. The End/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

All I'm saying is that the specific otherism of race didn't become a unifying in and out group thing until it was it was invented. The notion that people would think of themselves as white or black or asian didn't begin to occur to people until about 500 or 600 years ago. 

Well, they saw the differences, to be sure, but from what I've read, the true divisions were along religious lines.  A crusading Christian from western Europe would accept a Christian in the Holy Land, regardless of appearance (ethnicity).

I'd like to learn more about it; i.e., when, why and how did ethnicity start to become a differentiator?

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, they saw the differences, to be sure, but from what I've read, the true divisions were along religious lines.  A crusading Christian from western Europe would accept a Christian in the Holy Land, regardless of appearance (ethnicity).

I'd like to learn more about it; i.e., when, why and how did ethnicity start to become a differentiator?

Ethnicity is more akin to what we mean when we say tribes ie the difference between Irish and English, or Punjabi and Bengali, or Han and Uyghurs, or Yoruba and Igbo. Race is a bigger umbrella than that. And race, at least in America is often nebulous and arbitrary. The Irish, Italians, and Polish weren't white until they were. In our lifetimes we'll probably see hispanics and even Asians become "white". Arabs and Persians used to be considered white until they somehow lost that designation. For all intents and purposes, whiteness in America in some ways can arguably be defined up as "not black". 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Ethnicity is more akin to what we mean when we say tribes ie the difference between Irish and English, or Punjabi and Bengali, or Han and Uyghurs, or Yoruba and Igbo. Race is a bigger umbrella than that. And race, at least in America is often nebulous and arbitrary.

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least some scholars claim that our race is "homo sapiens".  I'll have to dig around to try to find that.

At any rate, this ain't my field, so I'm out.  Thanks for the thoughts.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least some scholars claim that our race is "homo sapiens".  I'll have to dig around to try to find that.

At any rate, this ain't my field, so I'm out.  Thanks for the thoughts.

Yeah I agree our race is homo sapiens. I'm just talking about the made up races that we're all familiar with. Ethnicity is based on culture, language, food, and things like that. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

You are insulting our intelligence. Take that bullshit to Texags for an echo chamber.

64.png

Goldwater invented the Southern Strategy in 1964 and as you can see the usual subjects ate it up, save for Texas who had their political son running for President.

68.png

In 68 a west coast guy named Nixon, whom the south didn't trust, was running for office. He was saying all the right things but being where he was from the south sat this one out.

72.png

By 1972 Nixon had perfect dog whistling and the Southern Strategy. The South would go on to largely vote Repub, only breaking protocol for two southern democrats in Carter and Clinton.

But despite all this bullshit its the people and not the political party that matter. Basically, all the racist, toothless inbreds used to hang out at the old hole in the wall bar called "The Democrat". But management changed, they cleaned the place up, and hung new shiny stuff on the walls that the regulars didn't like. They wanted that old hole in the wall feel so they started hanging out at a bar down the street named "The Republican". The people at the Republican saw the regulars from the other bar had no home, and as a struggling business they decided to start selling the products they used to have at the Democrat to bring them in. They've been there ever since. The End/

One Dixiecrat senator and one Dixiecrat house member switched to the GOP (and Strom switched long before Nixon supposedly created the southern strategy).  The other 200 Dixiecrats returned to being democrats.  

The south voted en masse for Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 80s but those were nationwide landslides.  

Democrats had a stranglehold on state governments in the south from reconstruction until the 90s.  Citing southern support for Reagan and Nixon when the entire country was voting for both in landslides doesn’t mean a thing.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah I agree our race is homo sapiens. I'm just talking about the made up races that we're all familiar with. Ethnicity is based on culture, language, food, and things like that. 

On forms for work or even the census when they ask for “race”, I mark an X in “other”, and write in Homo Sapiens or Human, because as you said race as an identity is a social construct.

I think being racist is just being lazy, really it’s the behaviors found in the poor that people have a strong reaction to, and yes in America due to slavery and Jim Crow, etc. there is a lot of overlap in poor and race, but that doesn’t mean they will always be so tightly coupled. American History points to the Irish and Italian as case studies. Anyways, I guess my point is most modern day “racists” are classists versus truly racists (e.g. eugenics, phrenology, etc.).

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Anyways, I guess my point is most modern day “racists” are classists versus truly racists (e.g. eugenics, phrenology, etc.).

Well, no.  That's not true at all.  While it might be true that financial class has historically been the causal differentiator, those who discriminate see it largely as an issue of skin color.  They are ignorant and they don't know the difference.

You know that.

Negged.

10 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Imagine thinking that someone who clearly believes he's superior to black people isn't racist just because he doesn't hate black people or use the N-word. You have a cartoonish definition of what racism is my friend. 

Johnny uses the n word fairly often here.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, no.  That's not true at all.  While it might be true that financial class has historically been the causal differentiator, those who discriminate see it largely as an issue of skin color.  They are ignorant and they don't know the difference.

You know that.

Negged.

Yeah, that's an "innocent" explanation for racism that just doesn't hold up.

It's also a "race-neutral" way to handle what is now "affirmative action."   But it disregards the root cause.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

One Dixiecrat senator and one Dixiecrat house member switched to the GOP (and Strom switched long before Nixon supposedly created the southern strategy).  The other 200 Dixiecrats returned to being democrats.  

The south voted en masse for Nixon in 72 and Reagan in 80s but those were nationwide landslides.  

Democrats had a stranglehold on state governments in the south from reconstruction until the 90s.  Citing southern support for Reagan and Nixon when the entire country was voting for both in landslides doesn’t mean a thing.  

Nixon didn't create the Southern Strategy, Goldwater did in 64, and all the traditional southern states were red sans Texas, and we all know why. What are you talking about? Landslides also count my friend. You don't get to discount those. At this point you are just trolling. You damn well know whats up.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Nixon didn't create the Southern Strategy, Goldwater did in 64, and all the traditional southern states were red sans Texas, and we all know why. What are you talking about? Landslides also count my friend. You don't get to discount those. At this point you are just trolling. You damn well know whats up.

Alabama was run by Democrats until 1998.

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Johnny uses the n word fairly often here.

I do?  Other than quoting racist Democrat Senate Majority Leader and KKK Grand Kleagle Robert Byrd's interview on CNN or Fox in 2001, I don't believe I have ever typed that word here.  And that certainly wasn't me using it.

You care to back that allegation up?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I do?  Other than quoting racist Democrat Senate Majority Leader and KKK Grand Kleagle Robert Byrd's interview on CNN or Fox in 2001, I don't believe I have ever typed that word here.  And that certainly wasn't me using it.

Maybe posting Biden clips?

7 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Actually,  Homo sapiens sapiens (often written as Homo s. sapiens) is our designation.  We are not Homo sapiens.  

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Nice qualifier.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Nice qualifier.

It was in a thread with the word in the subject line (who was also quoting someone else).  Started by one of our resident liberals.  Some selective outrage about me responding in kind.  I don’t use the word.  It’s disgusting and makes the user look like trash.  No one I know does either.