Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

31 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’ve travelled to over 50 countries and all over the third world. Brazil is the one country I have no interest in ever returning to. Crime-riddled, corrupt, shit hole. 

Going to Rio and doing touristy things like seeing Christ Redeemer and Ipanema are on my bucket list, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever pull the trigger. 

Interested to see how the injury compares to Andre Gomez’s from last year. I didn’t feel like the tackle was malicious; just unfortunate. Harvey was a going to be a big part of this season. Fuck. Was hoping for something to smile about today after last night’s game. Hard to celebrate these three points 

What the hell happened to Sadio? Not even on the bench?  He's not on that list but is on Pearce's sub list. VvD on the sub list?

Thiago + Fabinho are 8-0-1 in their last 9 starts together. Not sure why Klopp keeps trotting out someone other than Thiago. 

We're really rolling Origi back out there? I love you Jurgen, but you make it difficult at times. 

Edited by mdmost

I can see Origi and the mids if you’re looking for some rest but why no VvD? I mean I know he’s coming back from injury but he has looked 100% so far this year and we know how much better he makes our defense. Also when are we going to see Ibra. I know we take more time than most clubs to bed in new players but if VvD isn’t gonna play might as well throw some minutes to the new guy

Yeesh, some of y’all need to smoke some weed and chill out. 

This isn’t FIFA for your Xbox. If you want to compete in 2 competitions you have to rotate players. Our sports science team is measuring the kernels of corn in our players shit so I’m pretty sure they are plugged into who needs a rest. 

Hendo and Thiago play a very similar role so after 90 minutes on Sunday it comes as no real shock that Thiago will sit for Hendo. Keita is probably being asked to play a little more attacking role that Harvey was playing. 

go get em Divock!

No, I get the need for rest but you know Mane is first on if Origi is doing poorly or we get down early. If we need to see Origi, I'd rather he be out there against Crystal Palace or Norwich. Not in the CL. I hope Origi can go in and be great. Same with Keita. Neither has been able to do that in a long time though. So color me skeptical in starting him in a game that's pretty important. I'm sure if I'm wrong you'll pop in to tell us, as you always do. 

• Haha 1