Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

Speculation that Trent might be available for City, which sounds unrealistic. Certainly we'll sit him against Benfica in the hopes that he can get fit, but if he can't go, do we play Jomez at RB? He offers almost nothing going forward, so even though he's a better defender than Milner, we really have to change our style of play. I think whoever is going to play against City has to play in the first leg against Benfica, just to get their sea legs a bit.

The wild cards would be Tsimikas and Conor Bradley. I don't think Tsimikas on the right is realistic, given how left-footed he is, but he's a gamer and has CL experience. It's hard to imagine Bradley getting thrown to the wolves like that but at least we can play our preferred style with him and Klopp might give him the next few weeks to see if he's up for it.

Recall Neco? Might piss off Fulham and jeopardize a potential deal for Carvalho? He honestly might be the best option though.

Has to be Jomez. It’s not terrible when we do it. Henderson does a lot of the cover work for TAA which works ok. Not as great though when we ask Hendo to play the TAA role. I would like to see Jomez at RB and Curtis or Naby in that midfield spot. Makes us a little more narrow but still gives us someone who can swing the ball in from the right side

• Hook 'Em 1