Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

Tielemans would be awesome but I can't see us spending the cash it would require. Leicester always does fantastic business when selling their players (and their scouting is arguably the best in the league) so I don't see us getting any sort of good deal on him. We could certainly use another central midfielder but it's not as critical as getting a high-end attacker.

Still think Bissouma makes the most sense. I know I said it before but Sander Berge would be awesome and probably very cheap.

Right, I was going to say, it would be nice to get players who have less commitments going into 2021-2022. Saw some chatter that Edwards is trying to sell our less used parts like Origi, Shaq, and a couple others for 50M to help fund purchases. I mean, I'm not going to doubt the man as he's proven himself numerous times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Seeing we might be trying to get Raphinha from Leeds.

Names are flying fast and loose right now. Love it. Need to nail this window. Carrying a lot of dead weight with an aging squad that Klopp has run into the ground the past few seasons. Time for a good refresh.

The last thing I want is for us to go into next season without a solid, injury-free replacement for Gini. The guy was a workhorse and hardly missed any time. The names behind him can't say the same thing. I want to see what Jones can do but I'm not ready to put all my eggs in his basket. Spend the money, get a great replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The last thing I want is for us to go into next season without a solid, injury-free replacement for Gini. The guy was a workhorse and hardly missed any time. The names behind him can't say the same thing. I want to see what Jones can do but I'm not ready to put all my eggs in his basket. Spend the money, get a great replacement. 

If we can beat Bayern for Florian Neuhaus that'd be huge. 

Cliche as shit but in our squad I honestly believe "The best ability is availability". Gomez, Matip, Ox, Keita, and Hendo are all coin flips at best over the long haul. The ability of Gini to play 3 games in a week if needed and at worst put in a 6 out of 10 was so clutch (and an underrated aspect of Mane, Salah, Firmino, & Milner).

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Cliche as shit but in our squad I honestly believe "The best ability is availability". Gomez, Matip, Ox, Keita, and Hendo are all coin flips at best over the long haul. The ability of Gini to play 3 games in a week if needed and at worst put in a 6 out of 10 was so clutch (and an underrated aspect of Mane, Salah, Firmino, & Milner).

Add in guys that aren't "injury prone" and we absolutely need to protect the squad.

Fabinho missed 11 matches due to injury

Thiago missed 17 matches due to injury

Milner missed 13 matches due to injury

Jota missed 21 matches due to injury

Injuries are obviously going to happen but when national teams ignore the recommendations of the physios who work with the player everyday and then that player gets hurt you can understand why these clubs are pissed off about it. Happened with Henderson a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Injuries are obviously going to happen but when national teams ignore the recommendations of the physios who work with the player everyday and then that player gets hurt you can understand why these clubs are pissed off about it. Happened with Henderson a couple years ago.

Happened w/ Joe Gomez. Twice. 

International soccer sucks ass. (Yes, I will still be watching the Euro.)

So in some good international news for a change, Brazilian players have opted out of Copa America in July. So Bobby, Ali, and Fabinho will be able to start up with the squad in whatever preseason training we're opting for this year. I think it's back to France. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So in some good international news for a change, Brazilian players have opted out of Copa America in July. So Bobby, Ali, and Fabinho will be able to start up with the squad in whatever preseason training we're opting for this year. I think it's back to France. 
I hope they end up cancelling it...reading the article about it and this jumped out at me...would be 4th Copa America in 6 years...seems a bit much