Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

Technology and being an old screwed me. Got a new PC and tried to log in and didn’t recall my password. The email on the account is old and can’t access.  My password was saved on my phone and iPad and trying to reset/etc. logged me out of both eventually. Couldn’t find an admin contact to help so I’m reborn I guess. 

£12M isn't a great price from our end but we'd be up to what, £42M in player sales this summer? It would also open up a non-homegrown slot which we desperately need to do if we're going to add another attacker, assuming we don't buy an English player.

Ends 3-4, goals by Mane, Minamino and Ox.

Joe gets a yellow and VVD got bullied by Jovetic for a goal. 

Another for Jovetic. Not many people get the better of Van Dijk in those one-on-one situations but we can forgive the Dutchman’s ring rust, can’t we? The Hertha striker then sits Robertson down before dispatching it past Adrian.

31 minutes ago, maninblack said:

The lede is VvD is starting

This is music to everyone's ears.

Smooth as you like

That’s a really good workout for Virgil van Dijk who adds 43 minutes into the tank following his return last week. He looked smooth out there too even if he wasn’t put under too much pressure. Rhys Williams is on in his place.

1 hour ago, pied06 said:

This is music to everyone's ears.

Smooth as you like

That’s a really good workout for Virgil van Dijk who adds 43 minutes into the tank following his return last week. He looked smooth out there too even if he wasn’t put under too much pressure. Rhys Williams is on in his place.

Music to everyone, but especially my ears.  :) 

Good workout for Gomez

Well, like Van Dijk, Gomez is also given 43 minutes or so before he makes way for Nat Phillips. A good workout for the returning defender before Divock Origi has a header cleared off the line.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, pied06 said:

Same as the other day.  Anfield area is packed. 

Glad to see Elliott continue to get minutes and hope he still makes an impact. 

From all accounts Elliott looked good today. Barely missed this banger.