Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

17 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Ndombele's last match for Spurs.  I can't see a way back for him after he got booed, and left for the locker room.

Fans are stupid. If players can make an impact and the coach believes in them, then they should stay. I don't know what Conte's bigger picture plan is, but if Ndombele is part of that plan, screw the fans.

41 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Fans are stupid. If players can make an impact and the coach believes in them, then they should stay. I don't know what Conte's bigger picture plan is, but if Ndombele is part of that plan, screw the fans.

He's the club record signing, he's the second highest paid player on the squad, and over the course of 3 seasons he's had 5 managers.  Those 5 managers have all had the same issues with him, so it's not the personality or style of play of any one manager.  He rarely cracks the starting XI, and he makes few appearances in matches.  How many appearances has he made since Conte has taken over?  I can't see Conte including him in his plans.

I understand where the supporters are coming from, especially on a day like today.  Inferior competition and he couldn't make a positive impact.  He looked slow and lazy and turned the ball over.  I think Conte has made his mind up about him.  Hitchins and Paratici were both sitting behind Conte on the bench today. I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes now that the transfer period is active.  Wouldn't be surprised if Ndomeble was a part of any player movement, along with Doherty, Dele, and others. 

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

so, trust the corches? what have you seen from n’dombele over the course of his time with spurs to warrant any coach or fan believing in him at this point? 

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that we're looking to loan or sell Ndombele. He's also reporting that we're looking to sell Bergwijn and that Ajax have also submitted a bid.

8 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that we're looking to loan or sell Ndombele. He's also reporting that we're looking to sell Bergwijn and that Ajax have also submitted a bid.

Fair enough. I've seen Ndombele do some good things under Conte. I also recognize that he seems to have the same issue that he had under Poche, Mourinho and NES. Oh yeah and Mason. So if Conte wants to send him packing, fine with me.

But I stand by fans are stupid. They booed Kane until they loved Kane again. They act with their hearts and not by decisions that are rooted in any sort of sense.