Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

As a whole Spurs were thoroughly outclassed in these two games. Possession is 2:1 for this leg as well. And while in many cases that doesn't tell the story, the fact of the matter was that Spurs had few chances to make anything happen. Hell, this game was 3:1 until it was clear that Spurs were buried and Chelsea started to let them back some.

In the end, Chelsea bossed both games, they dominated every aspect, and rightly move on.

Spurs need to make some midfield moves to step up a level.

6 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Spurs need to make some midfield moves to step up a level.

I've been saying this for a while now. We haven't had a midfield since Dembele and Eriksen over 3 years ago. 

6 hours ago, midtown said:

what is clear about that match was that one club invests in players and the other doesn't

Levy needs to invest starting now. There's some serious deficiencies, and Conte will walk if there isn't investment in this period and the next. 

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

Rumblings that they are considering postponing the NLD Sunday because the scum are short on players.   Not from covid per se but from injuries, loans, and suspensions.   Since when do they postpone matches because a club can't handle their shit

I was going to post that in my EPL comment, because if you took  COVID away, Arsenal would be told to get out on the field, this was their own mess. And I didn't even mention the loan deal which is a big part of this. It might also be why the league hasn't decided to postpone this.

4 minutes ago, midtown said:

This is bullshit from the PL.  

This is why official guidance would have solved this. It’s foolish that AFCON + injuries and red cards can cause these issues if COVID is involved. In normal circumstances Arsenal would be told get out there and play.

Hell, they should have done like the NBA, don’t lock rosters and have them get players from all around or their younger teams. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

What @midtown said. If we don't make a lot of moves in this window, I don't see Conte sticking around. It will be his summer concerns come to pass. He won't coach a team that doesn't try to win.

Yeah it was a rhetorical question. I don't see Conte sticking around long. They should have spent the money to go after Graham Potter instead of hiring Nuno.