Tottenham Hotspur 21-22: Ted Lasso Season 2

Captain Ron

46 minutes ago, midtown said:

Fun for all these freaking kids.  Esp like seeing Sess out there

Edit: Hottie alert

That's what this Conference League is about, playing the kids.

Outside of Roma, this league is a big drop off from any of the top leagues.

And this gives players a chance to work on their play, so mistakes like what we just saw is fixed. Then these guys can start to make their way up to bigger games.

The Daily Mail is pretty harsh on the game:

Pacos de Ferreira 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

90min: Two years ago Spurs were in the Champions League final, now they can't get a shot on target in a Europa Conference League play-off. Is embarrassing too light of a word?

Winks has got to go. First first team match for almost everyone. We have got to get these guys some playing time so we can compete on 4 fronts. These guys have never played as a team. Disappointed but not ready to jump out of the window just yet

• Hook 'Em 1

The fact is that we will probably throw Son and Dele at them on the return leg. I can't fathom Spurs losing with a more talented lineup.

Now that being said, I know what NES was doing today - basically letting the youth play today and get some game time. And he thought that Lo Celso and Winks were enough to make a difference. The problem is that Winks isn't good enough for that, so it wasn't.

6 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

The fact is that we will probably throw Son and Dele at them on the return leg. I can't fathom Spurs losing with a more talented lineup.

Now that being said, I know what NES was doing today - basically letting the youth play today and get some game time. And he thought that Lo Celso and Winks were enough to make a difference. The problem is that Winks isn't good enough for that, so it wasn't.

The problem is that Kane, Ndombele, Aurier, and Sissoko all want moves out and we aren't going to play them until their situations get resolved. It leaves us really short of depth.

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The problem is that Kane, Ndombele, Aurier, and Sissoko all want moves out and we aren't going to play them until their situations get resolved. It leaves us really short of depth.

Sky Sports this morning is reporting that Ndombele has formally asked to leave. 

For all the talk this offseason about the need for a Central Defender, our midfield needs went unaddressed.  Outside of Hojbjerg, we don't have a reliable midfielder.  Certainly don't have a playmaking midfielder.  Lo Celso, Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko, and Skipp aren't going to get it done.  Dele looks like he's on the path back, but we need more.  Maybe Lo Celso can give more than he's shown so far, but we really need more.

I don't know what they can do about Ndombele, but with less than 2 weeks left, they better do it quick.

28 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I don't know what they can do about Ndombele, but with less than 2 weeks left, they better do it quick.

Who the hell is going to want him after his poor showing at Spurs.   Potential out the ass but apparently quite lazy

2 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

For all the talk this offseason about the need for a Central Defender, our midfield needs went unaddressed.  Outside of Hojbjerg, we don't have a reliable midfielder.  Certainly don't have a playmaking midfielder.  Lo Celso, Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko, and Skipp aren't going to get it done.  Dele looks like he's on the path back, but we need more.  Maybe Lo Celso can give more than he's shown so far, but we really need more.

As The Athletic wrote today, where is he going to go? Everyone is broke outside of the EPL. 

18 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

From your lips to Levy's ears?

Just back from Austin.  Went to Austin FC game last night.  Great time.  Fantastic stadium.   No XM coverage for the drive dammit.

The fire alarm at the Holiday Inn at the river went off every hour all night long.

COYS

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'll take it, but that match further showed how much the midfield needs to be improved.  Wolves bossed possession and the midfield.  Skipp and Hojbjerg just played back and helped the defense all day. No creativity, or ball movement thru the middle. Dele looked like he's on his way back for sure, but he needs help. 

If not for Dele's PK, I don't know where the offense would have come from with Harry on the bench. 

Still, great defensive effort.