Summer Transfer Window 2021 –

406W30th

Inter Milan's Christian Eriksen in Italy for first time since cadriac arrest, meets CEO Beppe Marotta

https://www.espn.com/soccer/internazionale/story/4445180/inter-milans-christian-eriksen-in-italy-for-first-time-since-cadriac-arrestmeets-ceo-beppe-marotta

I think the key out of that article is

Eriksen will undergo further tests in Italy and is not expected to be back on a soccer field for at least six months.

Depending on the cause of the cardiac arrest and the nature of his treatment, he could be prohibited from playing in Italy but could continue his career in England or the Netherlands where the rules are different.

Italy has "Cardiological Guidelines for Sports Eligibility" which he would likely fail.

Inter Milan's Christian Eriksen in Italy for first time since cadriac arrest, meets CEO Beppe Marotta
https://www.espn.com/soccer/internazionale/story/4445180/inter-milans-christian-eriksen-in-italy-for-first-time-since-cadriac-arrestmeets-ceo-beppe-marotta
I think the key out of that article is
Eriksen will undergo further tests in Italy and is not expected to be back on a soccer field for at least six months.
Depending on the cause of the cardiac arrest and the nature of his treatment, he could be prohibited from playing in Italy but could continue his career in England or the Netherlands where the rules are different.
Italy has "Cardiological Guidelines for Sports Eligibility" which he would likely fail.

Sounds like a good policy!

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Better than Grealish anyway. Huge win for Villa.

Huge win for Southampton... was worried we were going to lose him on a free at end of this season.

A bit of a strange move for Danny though, i know he wanted Top 6 (City, United). I would have to assume Villa's wages were more attractive than Southampton's. ha.. understatement.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

The Barca press release almost sounds like posturing with Tebas.  Maybe he really is gone, but Tebas is on his way to Bowlsby territory if they lose that many eyeballs.

La Liga was trying this week to sell 10% of their tv/licensing rights to a private equity firm for €2.7bn. This could all be posturing. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn