COPA AMERICA 2021 ...(could be played in USA)

Napoleon

On 6/18/2021 at 8:25 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes he is. He's only 33, I think? But he's mega-talented. Always enjoy watching him 

1) Messi, Higuaín, Dí María, & Kün Agüero were all born within 12-14 months of each other. An insane collection of attacking talent practically in the SAME GRADE in school, not just in the nebulous “generation”.

2) Did Peru not get the memo when the group was given the assignment to create a flag with the strips of paper supplied in the arts & crafts kit sent by CONMOBOL?

B672E87E-32A1-439F-8284-1680A1396524.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

1) Messi, Higuaín, Dí María, & Kün Agüero were all born within 12-14 months of each other. An insane collection of attacking talent practically in the SAME GRADE in school, not just in the nebulous “generation”.

2) Did Peru not get the memo when the group was given the assignment to create a flag with the strips of paper supplied in the arts & crafts kit sent by CONMOBOL?

B672E87E-32A1-439F-8284-1680A1396524.jpeg

That's absurd talent. Argentina/Brasil is about the only teams I would feel good against France, and I'm pulling for France in the WC (obviously US, too. Let's hope we don't choke this away like 2018). 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I know you are joking but…

Peru was its own viceroyalty and all those other countries were previously part of the viceroyalty of New Granada then later Gran Colombia.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

We already have one @SimonBolivar, sir.

ARGENTINO General José San Martín was the liberator of Peru (after liberating Argentina/Uruguay and Chile), not that pinche Simón Bolivar de mierda.

But Simón outranked him in the masonic order (supposedly), so after San Martín liberated the southern cone and then met up with Simón, they had a meeting and supposedly San Martín ceded power to Simón and left.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

ARGENTINO General José San Martín was the liberator of Peru (after liberating Argentina/Uruguay and Chile), not that pinche Simón Bolivar de mierda.

But Simón outranked him in the masonic order (supposedly), so after San Martín liberated the southern cone and then met up with Simón, they had a meeting and supposedly San Martín ceded power to Simón and left.

Nice history lesson I didn't know. Appreciate that. 

Pffft. At least Brazil had it so good that they didn’t have to fight for liberation.

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Nice history lesson I didn't know. Appreciate that. 

I gave tours for 6 years in Buenos Aires, so I did a little research over most of my time down there.

"Facts" regarding Argentina are highly subjective (which means that they aren't necessarily "facts"), so stating something as fact doesn't always mean that it is true... you find out over time.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Pffft. At least Brazil had it so good that they didn’t have to fight for liberation.

No, but they did continue to steal land over the years after their independence, so there was fighting to be done.

These days it's basically fighting between the Haves & Have Nots while trying to distract from killing off the indigenous population via weapons, fires, or disease... but...

The Brazilian Flag is a good one and it makes for a great beach towel.

6077d52a7d4f4f19c0439855-large.jpg?cache

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164524217389?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

...and beach wrap.

sexy-girl-holding-brazilian-flag-picture

c2e531e1cf2a5945044858064c4a9265.jpg

460708829-56a412fe3df78cf77280c66b.jpg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I gave tours for 6 years in Buenos Aires, so I did a little research over most of my time down there.

"Facts" regarding Argentina are highly subjective (which means that they aren't necessarily "facts"), so stating something as fact doesn't always mean that it is true... you find out over time.

Very cool nonetheless. I'm always down for some history and geography talk 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Gf is from Venezuela, they stand no chance but I'll still be watching because I like soccer

There is a Venezuelan girl, Deyna Castellanos, who plays for Florida State who is:

1) An awesome player with creative skills not often found in female soccer (outside of Marta).

2) EXTEMELY attractive, but who has the whole tattoo bug and I prefer tan Venezuelana sin tatujas.

NOTE: Apparently she now plays for Atlético Madrid AND the Santa Clarita Blue Heat.

deyna_3_0.jpg

1577015708_782430_1577016046_noticia_nor

scbh-castellanos656.jpg

Deyna.jpg

k3RFR4Z65OOQ4lazlA2QVZU=&risl=&pid=ImgRa

160171408_ScreenShot2021-06-19at11_08_27PM.thumb.png.42ae9b579ee3ca1a65e68ff17b34c756.png

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

Gf is from Venezuela, they stand no chance but I'll still be watching because I like soccer

I love talking shit to my Venezuelan friends about futebol. Fucking losers.

Napoleon, I won’t engage you because you; by association, are Argentine. That means you are Argentine. Chew on this: Messi, one of the greatest of all time, will never win a Copa America nor Copa do mundo. How fucked up is that?
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Leave it to José de San Martín to inject himself into a convo about El Libertador.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Napoleon said:

And everyone forgets Sucre who was very instrumental in kicking Spanish ass in a few places. 

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

And everyone forgets Sucre who was very instrumental in kicking Spanish ass in a few places. 

I’m guessing in Bolivia 🇧🇴, and that’s why one of Bolivia’s two capitals is “Sucre” (sugar in French)…

…the other being La Paz. 

The Bolivians don’t forget about Sucre. 

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I’m guessing in Bolivia 🇧🇴, and that’s why one of Bolivia’s two capitals is “Sucre” (sugar in French)…

…the other being La Paz. 

The Bolivians don’t forget about Sucre. 

Nope, mainly in Peru and Ecuador. He was sent to Bolivia, as a Venezuelan, to commence the creation of the new government. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Uruguay and Chile are tied late. 

Suárez is always something to watch. He is credited with the goal and then had it taken away… because he tried to kick the deflection off of the corner into the goal and actually he crushed Arturo Vidal’s ankle into the ball. 

3 minutes left of the +5.

The after match socializing on the field after the match had you thinking that this is one large group of friends who just showed up and chose sides before the match. 

The over-30s have played against each other a billion times and with each other in South America and/or Europe so much that they may be closer friends with guys from the other country than their own teammates who are under 27. 

I just came across this in an old photo album I have. Growing up, my father would have Telemundo or Univision on every Saturday to watch any match they had on.  It’s one of my favorite memories, laying on the couch with him and watching games.  We still get together when Brazil gets into a championship game. 

I would go to Book Stop with him (he was usually picking up Dave Campbell’s Texas Football) and I would get the one soccer magazine they sold. I would read it, then cut out some of the cool pictures and put them on my wall. This is a shot from the 1991 Copa America, back when the champion was determined by points, like in the group stage. Argentina won the tournament with 5 points to Brazil’s 4. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Also, while we are talking flags, futebol and the beach, a shot I snapped in Rio years ago. 

spacer.png

I love the memory lane. Father’s Day was the second without my dad. Don’t really have any soccer specific memories with him other than he got free tickets to sporting events through his job at The Dallas Morning News and I saw Pelé play the Dallas Tornado(es?) once and Pelé scored the lone goal. 

I am glad to read that Argentina won the Copa by a single, rather taunting, point. That may have been back when wins = 2pts and draws were 1pt. I have no doubt that the Brazilians tried to break Diego’s and Claudio Caniggia’s ankles because they were superior to anyone that Brazil could put on the field and due to the nutmeg (Diego) to set up the goal (Claudio) from the previous year’s meeting in the World Cup. 🇦🇷

That is some quality authentic Brazilian ass. Not that skin&bones crap that makes the Victoria’s Secret spank catalog, but break-your-pelvis-fucking-your-brains-out-Praia-Ipanema ass. (That’s if she doesn’t crush your skull when she orgasms when you go down on her thighs. 😍)

♥️🇧🇷♥️

2F60BB0E-7649-4E99-933E-61FCEB7976E3.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hate to see it, but that was impress. Fuck.

Just walked inside as they were going to halftime and they showed the replay of the goal.

Holy Shit! That was a dream goal for that guy.

43 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Chute bicicleta.

In South America (at least in the Spanish speaking countries of CONMEBOL they call them “una chilena”. From my friends from Ecuador and I think Venezuela (only knew Colombian girls and they didn’t talk fútbol) down to Tierra del Fuego, the Spanish speakers all called them chilenas.

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fucking craptacular. Porra.

“Porro” is slang for “weed” in ARG, is “porra” related? Or is it basically an expletive of frustration?

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

In South America (at least in the Spanish speaking countries of CONMEBOL they call them “una chilena”. From my friends from Ecuador and I think Venezuela (only knew Colombian girls and they didn’t talk fútbol) down to Tierra del Fuego, the Spanish speakers all called them chilenas.

My Brazilian friends called it a "chute bicicleta." Not as smexy, but it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Just walked inside as they were going to halftime and they showed the replay of the goal.

Holy Shit! That was a dream goal for that guy.

“Porro” is slang for “weed” in ARG, is “porra” related? Or is it basically an expletive of frustration?

Un porro is a joint in Peru and Central America. Of course there are other terms, but that one used correctly will get you stoned on any surfer beach. 

And yes, they are a Chilena. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1