What Is Your Steak/Toast/Coffee Preference?

Vic Mackey

Steak:  #1 is too well done. Black and blue/Pittsburgh. 

Toast: 3

Coffee: Black. When I first started drinking coffee, dad taught me to drink it black. He said “if you can enjoy a cup of bad black coffee, you can be sociable with anyone, no matter how humble the surroundings.”  He was right. Being a no-maintenance coffee guy is much easier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

2, 4, A.  Need to roll through hungover breakfast with some of y'all when this pandemic thing be done, son.  

God bless my in-laws but whenever they leave from a visit.  My home smells like burnt steak, white bread, and spilled coffee creamer.  I don't deserve that at my age. 

Guest Lobo

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I deserve it.  But two things bug the shit out of me---they leave all their coffee shit all over the counters.  Make your fucking coffee how you like it and then put up the sweetners and dairy shit back where you found them and wipe up the mess.  Second, I grilled your steak to perfection.  You like it well done.  I cooked it well done.  I even temped it and brought it in with the fucking thermometer saying 160.  I always remind you that the steak will continue to cook for another 5+ minutes.  And invariably---you take this lady's wallet and stick it on a broiler or skillet for another 5-10 minutes.  Why?  Dear God, why?  What's the point of a rubber steak?  It's just early heart disease accompanied by gum smacking trying to chew the fucking thing off itself.  

Back to the quiz.  

If y'all are doing steak and eggs for breakfast...how do you do your eggs?  I like the wheat toast #4, A coffee, and #4 steak.  How are you doing your eggs?  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

184366422_323069769186356_92131104362793

For the first 2 it depends on the steak and bread. I mean I'd go rarer on a filet than a NY Strip than something like skirt steak. For toast, if it's like out of a bread bag I'm probably in the 4 category but if it's like a crostini or something with a little more bite to it I wouldn't want it toasted as much. 

Coffee is the only one that I want black all the time - whether it's folgers or I'm at the plantation in Costa Rica. I will drink coffee drinks with milk and sugar and what not in them but out of the pot or at a restaurant I'm never adding anything. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I deserve it.  But two things bug the shit out of me---they leave all their coffee shit all over the counters.  Make your fucking coffee how you like it and then put up the sweetners and dairy shit back where you found them and wipe up the mess.  Second, I grilled your steak to perfection.  You like it well done.  I cooked it well done.  I even temped it and brought it in with the fucking thermometer saying 160.  I always remind you that the steak will continue to cook for another 5+ minutes.  And invariably---you take this lady's wallet and stick it on a broiler or skillet for another 5-10 minutes.  Why?  Dear God, why?  What's the point of a rubber steak?  It's just early heart disease accompanied by gum smacking trying to chew the fucking thing off itself.  

Back to the quiz.  

If y'all are doing steak and eggs for breakfast...how do you do your eggs?  I like the wheat toast #4, A coffee, and #4 steak.  How are you doing your eggs?  

Over easy, every time.

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Why is the coffee in the opposite order from the toast and meat, and why is it labeled with letters rather than numbers.  That must be some kind of a psychological test.

But if I have to participate it's 2.5, 2.5, B 1/2

Labeling is messed up, but the order is right.  They start in their natural state on the left and progress to the right as you change them.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, nnm said:

Steak:  #1 is too well done. Black and blue/Pittsburgh. 

Toast: 3

Coffee: Black. When I first started drinking coffee, dad taught me to drink it black. He said “if you can enjoy a cup of bad black coffee, you can be sociable with anyone, no matter how humble the surroundings.”  He was right. Being a no-maintenance coffee guy is much easier. 

Love the black and blue steak.