• Naomi Osaka
    • Aryna Sabalenka
    • Bianca Andreescu
    • Serena
    • Iga Swiatek
    • Garbine Muguruza
    • Other (specify in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/21 at 05:00 PM

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

She should just go full Zack Greinke in the press conferences:

https://www.mlb.com/news/zack-greinke-brief-alds-press-conference

(Greinke has his own history with social anxiety disorder)

There has been frequent mention of his lack of candor with the press, especially when going deep into the playoffs/World Series when media attention is focused. Has he ever been asked directly in a press conference why he doesn't say more? If so, what was his response. Since he seems to have a relatively calm demeanor, I assume his response is that he answers every question presented to him.

7 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Buzarnescu forces a 3rd set against big mama

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Serena survives round 2

Then Serena does this...

3873107-B-A47-B-442-B-A03-B-6-AB8-AA14-C

...after surviving this...

E3143982-EE1-C-40-AE-9-B6-E-DFE328973-AE

...”Queen” is such a warrior. 

🙄

28 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Barty quit. 

Sabalenka vs Swiatek in the final?

Halep
Osaka
Kvitova
Barty

...all massive names with Grand Slam titles and players in their prime (that's why I'm not including Venus) are all out just a half week into the tournament.

Barty & Osaka skipped the tournament last year.

Sloane Stephens vs K. Pliskova

Pliskova can beat the shit out of the ball. She has just been crushing flat forehands for winners, but Sloane has been holding her own. However, she just lost her serve as she was serving for the first set.

UPDATE: And Sloane breaks back at 5-5 to now serve for the set at 6-5.

Pliskova did absolutely smoke a first serve. It was 112 mph, but it was so flat that it looked much faster. 

US SOCCER SPOTTING: Sloane's fiancé, Jozy Altidore, spotted in the stands... and not in Toronto, because he's on the outs there.

Edited by Napoleon

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sloane sent Karolina home. 

Sloane won in straight sets: 7-5, 6-1

She picked up her first win over a Top 10 player in...

...Two and a Half YEARS!!!!

Also... Sloane looks like she has cut her BMI in half over the last 6 months.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sabalenka really let everyone down with her shit display.

Madison Keys forgot to set her alarm.

Casper Ruud v Davidovich Fokina: 6-7, 6-2, 0-3  (Ruud is the 15 seed, but D.F. is showing some great clay court skilz.)

Lastly, this is the same Kazakhstani women's doubles tennis player, Zarina Ziyas...

display?file=22137ab7f9690948b67c.jpg?cr 

. . . and . . .

754a891e00533c54a332f899083137b3.jpg

Wow that is false advertising right there!

Zverev is so wildly up and down.  He will never win anything of consequence until he gets a more consistent second serve but when he is on he is unbeatable by anyone outside the top five players.  

I love watching Ruud play.  His game is so clean and he hardly ever beats himself.  Fokina is someone I’ve never ever watched before but he is excellent.

Jabeur (25) - Gauff (24)
Stephens - Krejcikova
Kenin (4) - Sakkari (17)
Kostyuk - Swiatek (8)
Williams (7) - Rybakina (21)
Azarenka (15) - Pavlyuchenkova (31)
Zidansek - Cirstea
Vondrousova (20) - Badosa (33)

Personal picks... 

Gauff
Krejcikova
Sofia (dig Sakkari too though)
Iga
Rybakina
Vika (not mad with Pavs either) 
Hot Sorana
Badosa 

12 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I like Koepfer. (Tulane Green Wave and all.)

Bummer for him after playing 4 sets and winning 24 games in those sets, he sees this…

Tennis-Federer to assess further participation at Roland Garros

PARIS (Reuters) - Roger Federer has said he will assess his further participation in the ongoing French Open after a gruelling 7-6(5) 6-7(3) 7-6(4) 7-5 win over Germany's Dominik Koepfer on an empty Court Philippe Chatrier in Saturday's night match.

The 20-times Grand Slam champion was competing in only his sixth match in 17 months following knee surgery and suggested after the third-round clash which ended past midnight that he could preserve himself for Wimbledon which begins on June 28.

Asked how much he would want to push himself through the whole tournament, the 39-year-old Swiss told reporters: "We go through these matches... we analyse them highly and look on what's next and we'll do the same tonight and tomorrow…

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tennis-federer-assess-further-participation-044834852.html

To play so well and lose, only to have the rich guy with loads of rankings points retire AFTER beating you must be rough. 

3 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

Lame as shit by Federer.

This bullshit COVID rankings has kept him wayyy too high in the rankings and now this nonsense.

He wasn’t ever going to win the French. He wanted to win at least one match and maybe two. Winning three was more than he expected and more than he wanted. 

There is a slim possibility that he could win Wimbledon. There is one week less between Roland Garros and Wimbledon this year. It is most likely his last. 

I just wish that he’d withdrawn up 2 sets to 1. 

I think if he plays well at Wimbledon and USO then he comes back for a farewell season.  If he doesn’t it’s over.  Either way I agree that it’s pretty weak sauce withdrawing without an injury but it doesn’t even count as a loss so he went unbeaten at RG this year.

He wasn’t ever going to win the French. He wanted to win at least one match and maybe two. Winning three was more than he expected and more than he wanted. 
There is a slim possibility that he could win Wimbledon. There is one week less between Roland Garros and Wimbledon this year. It is most likely his last. 
I just wish that he’d withdrawn up 2 sets to 1. 

I 100% understand his reasoning, it makes total sense. But it’s bush league to Koepfer and to everyone else on that side of the draw as his next opponent gets a free pass.

Like you said, withdraw on match point or something. Don’t like it one bit. If he was just looking for a tune up he could have played a lesser tournament and screwed around

He played a lesser tournament and lost in the first round. 

He was concerned that he would do the same in Paris because he he knew that he needed more matches before the grass season. 

Then he found himself winning the first round, second round, third round… and thought…

“Okay, that’s enough for here. Especially with these late fucking night matches.”

Nadal played a horrible set and still won 7-5. Sinner collapsed Musetti style at end of set. Something funny with the Italians…

I remember back in the day I played a top 10 kid in Texas, played best set of my life and won it in tiebreaker. Then lost the next two sets 6-0, 6-0 hah