Your cat is awesome. Damn straight

GhostOfTomJoad

5 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

I had the honor of receiving a letter from our USPS mail carrier letting me know that I could pick up my mail at the local post office. She was done seeing headless squirrels on my doorstep.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" 

I don't think it would be curled/coiled like that if dead.  

There's a play aspect to most cats' hunting.  Seems like the less likely prey, bugs, lizards, snek, the more likely they are to just play with it some.  That play can be fatal though.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

Had cats since the day I was born... can't imagine a house without one (well, two).  We have a Siamese Mix and Snowshoe... great cats.  Agree they are best inside... outdoor cats are ruthless hunters and, at least in this part of town, eventually end up becoming acquaintances with coyotes or foxes.

• Hook 'Em 2

Had cats since the day I was born... can't imagine a house without one (well, two).  We have a Siamese Mix and Snowshoe... great cats.  Agree they are best inside... outdoor cats are ruthless hunters and, at least in this part of town, eventually end up becoming acquaintances with coyotes or foxes.

I think I live in your part of town 78749 and this one above has a cone on because she likes hunting outside. Not sure what ripped up her tail - $700. Fine now but

Hopefully she survives going out but the foxes and chayotes are dangerous . I tell my daughter and wife she can’t be out at night

The cat is a badass I admit. More of a dog really. Luckily my dog scares off a lot but she’s normally on the couch

10 hours ago, Updawg said:

I think I live in your part of town 78749 and this one above has a cone on because she likes hunting outside. Not sure what ripped up her tail - $700. Fine now but

Hopefully she survives going out but the foxes and chayotes are dangerous . I tell my daughter and wife she can’t be out at night

The cat is a badass I admit. More of a dog really. Luckily my dog scares off a lot but she’s normally on the couch

Yup - we're an adjacent zip code but right by lots of greenbelts, parkland, etc. so lots of wildlife out here (love the roadrunners).  We have two neighborhood cats that like to hang out at our house and they seem to be doing fine but you do wonder at what point they will disappear.  We can think of two other neighborhood cats that disappeared within the past two years... most likely coyotes.  Sometimes you can hear them after a kill in Circle C park.  

• 2 weeks later...

Biscuit doing the blep and one of both of them after getting super high on catnip. We got him as a bday gift for my daughter in April and he has fit in well with our older black cat. After our last cat passed away (RIP Izzy) it just felt weird not having two fuzzbutts in the house. 

FD7EEB88-B750-4FE4-83B5-F8F209946CD7.jpeg

228F82DA-329A-4F06-B65A-D598032C5B2E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...