The best female singer

Sbbruin

12 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

And was there ever a greater combo than Stevie and Lindsey?  Maybe not.  And what won best album OVER Hotel California?  Probably the only album in history that could have beaten that album out.

10C738C5-B74E-41AD-8D45-A72BA76EE465.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

They had that song in the vault for the longest time, and then finally released it.  One of he reasons Stevie split is she was thinking of songs constantly and couldn’t put them out with the Mac.  So she went solo.  And she was amazing solo.  

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

They had that song in the vault for the longest time, and then finally released it.  One of he reasons Stevie split is she was thinking of songs constantly and couldn’t put them out with the Mac.  So she went solo.  And she was amazing solo.

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Early Linda was definitely epic.  But Stevie belted it out better.  I guess it comes down to the Mt. Rushmore of female singers.  Everyone has their favorite, but if you don’t put Stevie on it, you have brain damage.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And I say that as big fans of Stevie and Lindsay and that iteration of Fleetwood Mac. 

Music is personal and emotional for people.  It’s not like baseball stats.  Everything is nuanced.  My favorite bands are, in no particular order, CSN, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Zep, The Eagles, Elton John, The Beatles, the Doors, The Who, The Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, and anyone else that rocks my boat that day.  And there is few people that share that list with me.  To each, his own.

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Music is personal and emotional for people.  It’s not like baseball stats.  Everything is nuanced.  My favorite bands are, in no particular order, CSN, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Zep, The Eagles, Elton John, The Beatles, the Doors, The Who, The Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, and anyone else that rocks my boat that day.  And there is few people that share that list with me.  To each, his own.

You have good taste for a pinko commie from the land of fruits and nuts

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe not the greatest of all time, but a massive talent who I wish was still around:

She was one of the greatest female vocalists of all time.  Her range was singular among her contemporaries, and only a few before her are more talented IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Somebody should tell that asshole at the top of the thread who got pissed every time someone other than Stevie was brought up

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

No problem with Stevie but I’m still going with Joni Mitchell. Love Linda and Karen too but Joni had a voice like an angel. And she wrote Woodstock and Both Sides Now. And I’ve always had a soft spot for her rendition of Coyote in The Grand Waltz (where Robbie Robertson threw down some tasty licks too ) Joni’s the only female artist by whom I own any solo albums and I own several. Without looking I’m guessing five.

• Fuck You 1

More Joni. Live from the album Miles of Aisles from 1974. I bought this CD and listened to it for the first time on my way to my sister’s place for Christmas sometime back. I got lost in it and missed the exit and had to turn around, only to find out that there wasn’t an exit in the opposite direction so I had to turn around at the next exit and come back.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/30/2021 at 2:34 PM, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I'm a big Alanis Morissette fan. 

Okay I'm obviously kidding but I'm editing because this is better than the joke - I googled her and it's crazy that she's just 46 years old. That means she was 21 when Jagged Little Pill came out. Holy fuck imagine being that famous and rich overnight at 21. And she (supposedly) wrote and composed the whole thing. That's pretty God damn impressive.

Edited by ztejas

54 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm a big Alanis Morissette fan. 

Okay I'm obviously kidding but I'm editing because this is better than the joke - I googled her and it's crazy that she's just 46 years old. That means she was 21 when Jagged Little Pill came out. Holy fuck imagine being that famous and rich overnight at 21. And she (supposedly) wrote and composed the whole thing. That's pretty God damn impressive.

Imagine being Billie Eilish