EPL 2021-22

maninblack

6 minutes ago, maninblack said:

@sidis 

giphy.gif

saw that this morning.  it is so nonsensical to me...i mean, why would anyone ever go be a coach at a historical shitshow organization with no real success like real madrid when they can be at a continental powerhouse like everton.  just bizarre.

apparently moyes is the leading replacement candidate.  good year at west ham but that will not move the needle at all.  back to tenth in the table...wait.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

certainly an interesting hire given his past with Liverpool, etc...

a bigger and better hire than i honestly expected but it has been a while since he's done much.  as always, show me on the field.  get us out of the 6th - 12th in the table purgatory.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:12 AM, mdmost said:

Santo turned down the Spurs job. To my Tottenham bros, why is it so hard getting a new boss? Is Levy just utter shit and no one wants to work for him? 

We were just waiting to send the school president to finalize the deal.

Not great for Everton. 

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2193203/club-statement

Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time

Apparently it's Gylfi on suspicion of child molestation.

i mean, not great for gylfi and awful for victims...

but if european soccer has taught me anything, this is what's necessary to elevate your club.  if we can get james and digne indicted on tax fraud issues, we may be ready to make a run at champions league!

if allegations are true, fuck that guy forever and enjoy prison, bitch.

8 hours ago, sidis said:

if we can get james and digne indicted on tax fraud issues, we may be ready to make a run at champions league!

Lol. Chelsea seems pretty clean character-wise right now. But you never know who has skeletons in their closet (looking at you, Kante).

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lol. Chelsea seems pretty clean character-wise right now. But you never know who has skeletons in their closet (looking at you, Kante).

was my (perfectly coifed hair) boy giroud not one of the numerous french national players that was notorious for running a train on 15 year old zahia daher?

4 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Other than Alonso killing a lady, yeah.  

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

was my (perfectly coifed hair) boy giroud not one of the numerous french national players that was notorious for running a train on 15 year old zahia daher?

Pssh. Those guys weren't even starters. 

Last season was the first time that the top-4 (City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea) remained the same as the previous season since the glory days of the original Big 4 in the late 2000s (United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal) when the top 4 stayed the same for 4 seasons in a row (2005-2009).  This was the era when the EPL placed 3 teams in the CL SFs three years in a row.

The current UK top-4 odds have United at -350 to finish in the Top-4 (Liverpool and Chelsea are generally -400 and City are at least -1667) while Leicester is next shortest at +450.  

I can't recall the last time there was this much perceived separation between the Top-4 and everyone else going into the season.