EPL 2021-22

maninblack

4 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Oh I don't think they'll challenge for the CL spots, I just think their trajectory is much closer to that than Arsenal's.

And the best example of a team that fucked it up last year is Leicester. They had CL in their grasp and completely choked.

We'll see. Arsenal is breaking in some new pieces and may go in a different direction with their manager. Tottenham is just kind of treading water while slowly sinking. They finished, what, 7th last season?

Looked it up. 6th on a tiebreaker. 

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Oh I don't think they'll challenge for the CL spots, I just think their trajectory is much closer to that than Arsenal's.

And the best example of a team that fucked it up last year is Leicester. They had CL in their grasp and completely choked.

I have no faith in The Brodge but maybe I'm still bitter about 2013. (insert MoJames slip gif). 

• Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

Spurs have a nice ramping up period with Watford and Palace before they host Chelsea. Perfect schedule for a new boss. Supposedly Adama Torre is on deck if Harry Kane leaves. 

Traore's move would be a loan with an option to buy next year. I doubt it's actually connected to Kane moving.

Spurs have a nice ramping up period with Watford and Palace before they host Chelsea. Perfect schedule for a new boss. Supposedly Adama Torre is on deck if Harry Kane leaves. 
Starting with the defending champions is not a perfect schedule for a new boss.

I was referring to the schedule from this week till you play Chelsea. You already beat the defending champions which was a boost for the new boss so in actuality it helped Nuno greatly. Now he gets more chances to further install and refine his system with the players before Chelsea.

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, midtown said:
22 hours ago, mdmost said:

Starting with the defending champions is not a perfect schedule for a new boss.

Debatable. You'd almost rather catch City early. They went deep in Europe and it took them awhile to get going last year. Plus there's zero expectation to win that one - you get to play with house money. Chelsea and Wolves as 2 of the next 4 is the more difficult aspect of that start imo. 

45 minutes ago, WBT said:

25-1 on shots.  Is that bad?

Big Sam is rested and ready.  He's never been relegated*

*until last season

It was 21-22 to 6 last week without a red in the 35th. 

They get Norwich and Burnley now before Spurs. Have to think Arteta is coaching for his job in these next 3*. 

Edited by ztejas

48 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

These Everton Black w/ a red sash jerseys are pretty solid. They certainly aren't an every game look, but they aren't bad. 

Well... apparently they are the away kits for this season. 

20210828_102325.thumb.jpg.03ace152f297289b1d3cf191c5d47574.jpg

Their home kits remain my favorite PL look.

Another solid performance for Everton.  Winning PL matches, especially away, is good anytime, but getting off to a strong start to the season was crucial for them to tamp down some of the negativity from the anti-Rafa people. 

He seems to be doing a really good job with this team, which isn't all that much different than last year's team in terms of personnel. 

53 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Another solid performance for Everton.  Winning PL matches, especially away, is good anytime, but getting off to a strong start to the season was crucial for them to tamp down some of the negativity from the anti-Rafa people. 

He seems to be doing a really good job with this team, which isn't all that much different than last year's team in terms of personnel. 

Glad to see the solid start but remember, we were 4-0-0 in the first month last year. Fool me once and all that. 

we have an amazing schedule to start. Only one big 6 club before November. 

although, last year, it was the shit teams that we struggled so much with and we generally did well against the top half of the table so nice to actually take care of business against teams we should. Today was good negotiating ammo for richarlison and Real Madrid. 

would be nice if we could get some money for James and use it to buy another creative midfielder like James…but that actually plays occasionally. 

Edited by sidis