EPL 2021-22

maninblack

Ambivalent towards city but I will say this, if I’m a Liverpool fan and have to take 2nd, it’s less cruel that they came back and just took it as opposed to them losing and you losing it because you draw wolves on GD. City stepped up which you have to respect. The alternative would have made me vomit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My brother and uncle asked me if this matched 2012. Lol no.

I mean just as a baseline it was a lot more fun to snatch a title from United. Not to mention the difference between a 44 year title drought and the current situation. 

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Here was your mistake. This is a marathon not a sprint, and your boys weren't up to the task.

Well now you did, because your choked it away at the end.

we've finished 8th in consecutive seasons, were picked to finish 8th again, we have a lineup that *should* finish 8th or worse, and yet we came back from that 0-3 start and finished 5th, back in Europe. so uh, A)sick burn, and B)obsession noted. i am quite pleased with how this season ended.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

My brother and uncle asked me if this matched 2012. Lol no.

I mean just as a baseline it was a lot more fun to snatch a title from United. Not to mention the difference between a 44 year title drought and the current situation. 

Y'all were at the beginning of your cheating/money laundering back then. Now you're over $1B into it I can understand why it's lost it's luster.

21 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Y'all were at the beginning of your cheating/money laundering back then. Now you're over $1B into it I can understand why it's lost it's luster.

image.png.1c4186f8d0117d92d58c5d1a8a307dd5.png

Cheated, investigated, closed. I'm never going to feel bad about the club not playing along with rules designed to keep the top clubs on top and stifle competition. And that's exactly what rules that prevent investment ahead of success are designed to do. 

Now the specific source of the money, that's certainly problematic. 

Edited by Huckleberry

we've finished 8th in consecutive seasons, were picked to finish 8th again, we have a lineup that *should* finish 8th or worse, and yet we came back from that 0-3 start and finished 5th, back in Europe. so uh, A)sick burn, and B)obsession noted. i am quite pleased with how this season ended.

As you should be. Great season for Arsenal.

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I would note - I'm not sure the fences are the solution. I think that just risks making things worse.

Points deduction?  One point if your supporters (home or away) invade the pitch, three points if they strike an opposing player/manager/coaching staff. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, midtown said:

Btw. No one talking about Mike Dean retiring? Love or hate him he is a bit of a legend

It was mentioned a few days back.

That said, I will miss the guy

On 6/7/2021 at 12:12 AM, Captain Ron said:

Like I said Mike Dean would be proud

So after all that... there was no movement in the Title, European qualification, and relegation battle.

• Man City remained in 1st
  • Liverpool remained in 2nd
  • Spurs remained in 4th
  • Arsenal remained in 5th
  • Leeds remained in 17th
  • Burnley remained in 18th,

6 hours ago, yoladu said:

So after all that... there was no movement in the Title, European qualification, and relegation battle.

• Man City remained in 1st
  • Liverpool remained in 2nd
  • Spurs remained in 4th
  • Arsenal remained in 5th
  • Leeds remained in 17th
  • Burnley remained in 18th,

Leeds & Burnley flipped places. Leeds was in 18th on GD going into yesterday.

I read an article that noted spots on the top 2 races never flipped even in live play. But the tension was there, at least in the title race. 

• Hook 'Em 2