EPL 2021-22

maninblack

Great start for Nuno. I think the Spurs got a good one. Harry Kane looks like an even bigger dildo now. 

Levy just leaned over to his wife and said, "I think I'll add an additional 10M onto the price, just to f with them". 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Great start for Nuno. I think the Spurs got a good one. Harry Kane looks like an even bigger dildo now. 

I said at the time I never understood why Nuno wasn’t first choice. What he’s done at Wolves is incredible and he is the right kind of person for a club like Spurs similar to how Klopp just fits at LFC

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I said at the time I never understood why Nuno wasn’t first choice. What he’s done at Wolves is incredible and he is the right kind of person for a club like Spurs similar to how Klopp just fits at LFC

Agreed. Take the Harry Kane money and get some more firepower for Nuno. I think Son is going to excel under him. Reminds me of when we sold Coutinho. That sale put all the pieces in place. Spurs can do the same. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

leicester are my 1b after pool so always watch if possible

ham's 10 minutes going down 2-1, then jumpstarting from a saved pk to go 4-2 left castle empty and non-chubbened, and vaults ham-fox to highly compelling even for neutrals.   foxes think "why not us" for 4th.  at what point do we stop talking about big 6 ??  is it not really big 7 or big 8 ??  foxes have outperformed arsenal and spur since winning the prem in 16.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

leicester are my 1b after pool so always watch if possible

ham's 10 minutes going down 2-1, then jumpstarting from a saved pk to go 4-2 left castle empty and non-chubbened, and vaults ham-fox to highly compelling even for neutrals.   foxes think "why not us" for 4th.  at what point do we stop talking about big 6 ??  is it not really big 7 or big 8 ??  foxes have outperformed arsenal and spur since winning the prem in 16.

I agree. LCFC has been just as good as Arsenal or Tottenham for a bit now. I think the big 6 refers mostly to money, though. Not necessarily form.

Right now though it seems like a pretty clear big 4. Maybe Leicester or Spurs can challenge whoever struggles the most out of those 4 but no one is winning it other than City/Chelsea/MU/Pool this season. There's a clear gap between 4 and 5 imo. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

On one hand, nice result, on the other hand, they started last season slow. 

They also lost to Spurs in the first meeting too.

That said, this ended a streak of 10 straight wins by Man City in their openers. First team to do that. Not sure if this was mentioned on nbc. I was listening on radio. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

I certainly wouldn't write City off after one match but I'm not sure why anyone things they're gonna run away with the title. Aguero, while unreliable in terms of injury record, was at least a recognized #9. Without him, they currently have no one who can play striker, or at least play it well. Jesus is either going to be sold or will be a locker room cancer. KdB has had a lot of injury problems the last few years and I don't think Grealish really adds anything to their team. Foden and Mahrez are both better players, though Foden is always hurt and Mahrez can't seem to get in Pep's good graces long enough to cement a starting role.

Again, it's early but City looks about the fourth or fifth best team in the league to my eyes. If they sign a #9 it could all change quickly but I'm not sure that they'll score enough goals to challenge for the title.

6 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

I certainly wouldn't write City off after one match but I'm not sure why anyone things they're gonna run away with the title.

Because the only problem they have (striker) is going to be fixed with a boatload of cash. I don't think they are going to run away with the title as Chelsea/ManU/Liverpool/LCFC are too strong but I wouldn't bet against them.

24 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

I certainly wouldn't write City off after one match but I'm not sure why anyone things they're gonna run away with the title. Aguero, while unreliable in terms of injury record, was at least a recognized #9. Without him, they currently have no one who can play striker, or at least play it well. Jesus is either going to be sold or will be a locker room cancer. KdB has had a lot of injury problems the last few years and I don't think Grealish really adds anything to their team. Foden and Mahrez are both better players, though Foden is always hurt and Mahrez can't seem to get in Pep's good graces long enough to cement a starting role.

Again, it's early but City looks about the fourth or fifth best team in the league to my eyes. If they sign a #9 it could all change quickly but I'm not sure that they'll score enough goals to challenge for the title.

Their status as a clear favorite is somewhat predicated on Kane joining.  He solves all of their issues and no one can match their strength in depth.  Injuries and fatigue are coming for everyone and they are best equipped to manage through those issues.  Also no AFCON exposure and limited CONMEBOL quarantine concerns.

Title race may be on if they have to play a false 9 all season.  That said, they ran away with the league last season while scoring the most goals despite Aguero only playing in 12 games and scoring 4 goals. 

My counter on the Kane a question would be a question of health. Kane has had a history of ankle issues. If he joins them, and gets hurt for an extended period (it's kind of his thing), then they are right back where they are now.

That said, he joins them and is healthy, they are running away with the title.

Edited by Captain Ron