Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

- Tickets still available   https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BBNCAA&linkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

-  Parking    UIL Softball State Championships at McCombs Field Fri/Sat.   Street/Cemetery area parking limited,  probably best to preorder parking.  (Below from email)

PARKING  link  https://utparking.clickandpark.com/
Fans are strongly encouraged to purchase parking ahead of time. Advance parking for the East Campus Garage is available online now through Click and Park. Passes must be purchased by 10 p.m. on the day prior to the game. Season parking permits will not be valid for postseason games.

Previously,  parking was available in the lots below with a paid permit.    Not sure if still available for Regional.

Capture.PNG 1.PNG

Edited by torre

Guest Lobo

Shit, had no idea about the UIL softball.  Should make traffic really fun. 

There's a little cluster of parking spaces right behind the jumbotron I've used, as well a another half dozen between LF and the tennis complex.  Makes it convenient to run over to the car for more beers.  

Guest Lobo

yeah, old habits from every other regional where the host has played the night game.  

FRI-1:00p, SAT-6:00p, SUN-7:00p (1:00p if we lost SAT night).  MON-3:00p (If necessary)  

I seriously doubt the schedule sticks Friday and/or Saturday with all the lightning coming. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

yeah, old habits from every other regional where the host has played the night game.  

FRI-1:00p, SAT-6:00p, SUN-7:00p (1:00p if we lost SAT night).  MON-3:00p (If necessary)  

I seriously doubt the schedule sticks Friday and/or Saturday with all the lightning coming. 

You say that as if we will play through a monsoon as long as there isn't lightning.

Guest Lobo

Yes, the rain is an issue.  I am aware of how baseball works.  But this particular system shouldn't provide one big deluge but rather intermittent showers (which will get heavy at times, but in patches and waves).  But it will likely be accompanied by lightning in/around the area which places huge time restrictions on play.  

Good news is Friday, we have lots of time to get the game in...5 hours until the second game, and even that game can be pushed 2-3 hours into the night.  And the weather is looking better for Sunday and Monday as needed.  My only point is don't box out your whole weekend on those specific game-times, they're gonna change a bit.  

Guest Lobo

Find any woman, Burt.  

Juggling multiple jobs and trying to take two kids to the ballpark as often as possible...one has to pay attention to this kinda shit.  Been three years since I had to worry about how to make a June baseball game at the Disch jive with my schedule.  It's a fun problem to have.  Looks like Pearce will make this an annual problem once more, so I'm in...

Edited by Lobo

has anyone listed their arizona state vs. fairfield tickets on stubhub?  i can't do it for some reason.
if any arizona state girls want to audition for the tickets, i'll febreze the couch.
Lol. Trying to put that game on stubhub as well. Anybody have the solution. From googlepay transferring to stubhub.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Guest Lobo
13 minutes ago, Cstewart said:

Lol. Trying to put that game on stubhub as well. Anybody have the solution. From googlepay transferring to stubhub.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Nobody's gonna buy those.  There'll be only a few hundred fans of ASU here, that's it.  Print 'em off and give 'em to somebody for good karma.  

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Nobody's gonna buy those.  There'll be only a few hundred fans of ASU here, that's it.  Print 'em off and give 'em to somebody for good karma.  

can you print the tickets?  I thought it was mobile only

On 5/31/2021 at 11:33 AM, NorthLoop said:

Putting a top 3 RPI team in the #2 seed regional seems like a dick move 

One of the biggest dick moves that I recall was several years ago when Texas was sent to Mississippi regional and eliminated them.   Think they were trying to fuck Texas and it backfired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

One of the biggest dick moves that I recall was several years ago when Texas was sent to Mississippi regional and eliminated them.   Think they were trying to fuck Texas and it backfired.

before that, it was Fla St

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I wonder how many all-u-can eat Chinese Buffets Mad Dog has put outta business over his lifetime.

You know they are crestfallen with he lumbers through the door.

"Sir, please don't take the steam tray!"

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 3

3 hours ago, Horn80 said:

13 minutes ago, cochamps said:

before that, it was Fla St

Reporters interviewed Augie and asked him if it was unfair that they put Texas in the Fla St. regional, which he replied, “Yes, for Florida St.” 

• Hook 'Em 3