Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

Also

"I have to be careful what I say on Rice, because i've got some information on this that will end up being written at some stage, which I cant really talk about. Chelsea won’t pay £100M but if it gets to £70M it could get interesting” [Matt Law on the London Is Blue Podcast]

I honestly haven't watched Rice much, but is he really worth 70mil?

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ExWHUemployee: Haaland has spoken to Dortmund about leaving for Chelsea, they are also looking for replacements. Also Confirm a bid will come soon.

Tier 2

Some more info: Chelsea have also hold talks with Lukaku, Inter may need to sell more, and the talks have been positive about a return. Zouma also likely to leave, Kounde and Diego Carlos are on the list, but Kounde will probaly cost to much. Also said transfers will speed up now since EURO are finished.

Stuff, apparently tier 2.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, MoJames said:

Stuff, apparently tier 2.

Hmmm. Where is Lukaku right now? Inter? 

Obviously I'd prefer Haaland - last update I saw was that he is probably staying. But these things are always a fucking circus (Messi to MC! Lol) so who knows. 

I don't hate Tammy leaving, but please not to Arsenal.  I'm still not over watching Salah, de Bruyne, and Lukaku go on to become stars for other EPL teams.  Send Tammy to Italy or something, just in case.

Hell, I'm still not over seeing Juan Mata and Nemanja Matic in a Manchester United shirt.

Edited by TexArcher

Lukaku is apparently done. I would have preferred Haaland for 150m over Lukaku for 115m. And if the reason we didn't get Haaland is really our refusal to go from 130m to 150m, that could end up an all time mistake.

But, Lukaku it is, so let's go Big Rom aka Baby Drogba.

49 minutes ago, APMP said:

Lukaku is apparently done. I would have preferred Haaland for 150m over Lukaku for 115m. And if the reason we didn't get Haaland is really our refusal to go from 130m to 150m, that could end up an all time mistake.

agreed.  I like Lukaku...but was really hoping for Haaland.  :/

On 8/6/2021 at 11:12 AM, MoJames said:

So assuming Lukaku wanders over, what does our starting 11 look like?

Where we ended the season

Puli------------Kai-------Werner

--------Mount------Jorg

---------------Kante

Chill-----Silva-------Rudi------James

Who sits....Werner/Puli?

Puli wasn't starting a lot at the end of the season. Also Ziyech has seemed to be emerging a bit in pre-season. 

This is what we ran out against Tottenham and I imagine we  see something similar formation wise. 

Screenshot_20210808-035105_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cd9123be5d89e9b5e18aa8ef7727ef31.jpg

Here we basically have 3 "center" backs and 2 wing backs even though it's listed as a 3-4. 

The pool for the 3 on the last line will be (not in any order necessarily):

James, Andres, Zouma, Rudiger, Silva, Azpi, Chilwell 

For the 2 middle spots:

Kante, Jorg, Kovacic, Billy

Two outside wing spots:

Pulisic, CHO, Alonso (potentially James, Azpi, Chilwell, or Ziyech depending on day)

Two forward mids: Mount, Kai, Ziyech, Werner (potentially Lukaku)

9: Lukaku, Tammy (potentially Werner or Kai, too)

That's mostly off the top of my head so let me know if I'm missing anyone, including anyone that will likely be gone or loaned, or if any of those guys are dead. 

Basically we're fucking loaded. 

Although I could see Tuchel trying to play more of a double 9 with Lukaku and Timo or Lukaku and Kai. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, APMP said:

I never heard during this cycle about an unwillingness to offer 150. More likely I think 150 wasn't going to be enough and we weren't wanting to spring closer to 200.

Ultimately it may be a moot point as I think he was kind of wanting to stay anyway. 

I don't hate 115 for Romelu. In no world do I think he's actually worth that but it ain't my money and such are the numbers in today's game. 

All I know is that we're about to kick some serious ass. The depth on our wing and attack is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Summary - Chelsea are still within FFP rules after signing Lukaku and handing him big wages, the club are looking to do more signings, Kounde and perhaps 1 more addition - Simon J

Also @ztejas, great breakdown and I think you are where my head is, granted Billy is on loan, so there is room for someone like RLC to step up and take his spot. Loaded is a great word do describe our squad.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, MoJames said:

granted Billy is on loan

I was like 50/50 on that. Thanks for the correction. We might see some interesting formations. Wouldn’t put it past Tuchel to throw Kai, Lukaku and Werner out there together. 

Throw Puli as some danger down one side. Always thought he was an underrated defender anyway.

We gon fuck. Let's get this EPL title.

• Hook 'Em 1

Reminder we play the UEFA super-duper cup today at 2 pm central against those Villarreal dirtbags. For those that care about silly trophies (more so because we will at least be rolling out a decent lineup I'd think). 

On paramount+ and TUDN (wev the fuck that is).

I suppose technically this is our last comp from 2021 before we open PL play this weekend. 

Edited by ztejas

- I like Tammy, and wish him well - but I'm glad he won't be against us in the EPL.

- as a Chelsea and Norwich fan, can't wait to see Gilmour killing it this year.

- I wish Kounde would hurry up and happen.  The longer these pursuits go on, the less luck we seem to have in closing them out...

- /whining Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe on one club doesn't seem fair.

43 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

- /whining Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe on one club doesn't seem fair.

Not necessarily directed at you but I'm not sure why people are all of a sudden up in arms about this PSG team seeing as we're only a few years removed from some absurdly stacked Real and Barca teams in the 2010s. 

Real in 2017 was rolling out CR7, Bale, Benzema, Toni Kroos, Marcelo, Modric, James (Rodriguez) plus a few other big name defenders and mids. That was a team that existed.

Barca's 2015 side was just as or only slightly less loaded - with the Messi/Suarez/Neymar trio. 

Not to mention some of the Bayern teams from that period. 

So sure they're stacked but I really don't give a shit who wins L1 and as we've seen time and time again anything can happen in the Champions League. Messi isn't playing forever and for my money's worth Neymar is past his prime. Fucking Tottenham made the CL final the other year. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Not necessarily directed at you but I'm not sure why people are all of a sudden up in arms about this PSG team seeing as we're only a few years removed from some absurdly stacked Real and Barca teams in the 2010s. 

Real in 2017 was rolling out CR7, Bale, Benzema, Toni Kroos, Marcelo, Modric, James (Rodriguez) plus a few other big name defenders and mids. That was a team that existed.

Barca's 2015 side was just as or only slightly less loaded - with the Messi/Suarez/Neymar trio. 

Not to mention some of the Bayern teams from that period. 

So sure they're stacked but I really don't give a shit who wins L1 and as we've seen time and time again anything can happen in the Champions League. Messi isn't playing forever and for my money's worth Neymar is past his prime. Fucking Tottenham made the CL final the other year. 

*shrug*  That's probably fair.  I wasn't whining in the sense that I thought this was the greatest stacking in history, or that I was scared of them...more a bit of jealousy and a reflection of the "damnit, why didn't we get Haaland" situation.  If we could get half the attacking results, that those 3 may get this year...   :)

2 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

*shrug*  That's probably fair.  I wasn't whining in the sense that I thought this was the greatest stacking in history, or that I was scared of them...more a bit of jealousy and a reflection of the "damnit, why didn't we get Haaland" situation.  If we could get half the attacking results, that those 3 may get this year...   :)

The Haaland window ain't closed. I just think he wasn't ready to leave.

And listen, sweetheart, you know who the motherfuckin champions of Europe are right now? Not PSG. And all we did since was let our youngins get in another off-season and sign a big ole #9 whose wallet says bad motherfucker on it. 

I won't start this season with any hand wringing. We can do that when we look past some mid table PL side and blow a horrible road game. Or City racks off like 11 wins in their first 13. 

• Hook 'Em 2