Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The Haaland window ain't closed. I just think he wasn't ready to leave.

And listen, sweetheart, you know who the motherfuckin champions of Europe are right now? Not PSG. And all we did since was let our youngins get in another off-season and sign a big ole #9 whose wallet says bad motherfucker on it. 

I won't start this season with any hand wringing. We can do that when we look past some mid table PL side and blow a horrible road game. Or City racks off like 11 wins in their first 13. 

To steal the ancient Surly wisdom: The cut of your jib.  I like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

To steal the ancient Surly wisdom: The cut of your jib.  I like it.

I'm just speaking facts.

Our assets after this season could be nutty. Take someone like Pulisic - say he breaks out for 12 goals and 8 dimes and becomes more of a two-way player situationally. Love him to death but that's an $80M-$90M player all of a sudden. Same with guys like Mount and Werner. 

We will have the horses to reenter the Haaland sweeps next summer. 

Or maybe everyone gets injured and Tuchel gets binned and a meteor hits Stamford but hey, I ain't Nostradamus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty B+ lineup

Chelsea: Mendy; Zouma, Chalobah, Rudiger; Hudson-Odoi, Kante, Kovacic, Alonso; Ziyech, Havertz; Werner. Subs: Kepa, Christensen, Jorginho, Thiago Silva, Abraham, Pulišić, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Chilwell, James, Azpilicueta, Emerson.

Will be interesting to see who gets subbed on. I could see a few different things. Wonder if Abraham is even available pending a likely loan or transfer.

Just. Wow. Gonna need a sec. Quick thoughts:

1. God damn that was nails by Rudiger

2. Holy fuck Kepa. So sick on that 2nd pk. Sell him tomorrow. 

3. Pulisic not being in the top 5 is retarded. He's clearly a fucking machine at the spot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Our assets after this season could be nutty. Take someone like Pulisic - say he breaks out for 12 goals and 8 dimes and becomes more of a two-way player situationally. Love him to death but that's an $80M-$90M player all of a sudden. Same with guys like Mount and Werner. 

We will have the horses to reenter the Haaland sweeps next summer. 

Werner can go with our blessing, but if we let Mount or Puli get away, I'm gonna be pissed.

• Hook 'Em 1

Going forward with Ziyech out I think our best XI is:

Lukaku

Mount, Havertz

Pulisic, Jorg, Kante, James

Chilwell, Dave, Silva, Christensen 

(I know that's 4 on the back line I feel like they're hard to separate before the next tier of Zouma, Rudiger, Chalobah. So 3/ those 4 on any given day)

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I don't think you see dave, chilly and james all on the pitch unless we have 3 CBs

I see James as a WB

Interestingly though - when the travel squad was released it had Pulisic listed as an attacker. So maybe he's more of an option for the top 3 spots. Which would lend credence to RJ perhaps playing that wing like I think he will (not trying to prove you wrong or anything just adding a data point). 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Not sure how much Werner would fetch right now. I'm fine with him trying to back Lukaku.

Yeah, and if we're willing to sell him instead of play him as a second striker, it pretty much announces that we have no faith in him.  I guess we have to let him come off the bench and get some scrub starts this fall and see if he comes around.

15 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, and if we're willing to sell him instead of play him as a second striker, it pretty much announces that we have no faith in him.  I guess we have to let him come off the bench and get some scrub starts this fall and see if he comes around.

I'd love to loan Werner or Pulisic for a spell (maybe CHO too) but unfortunately the Ziyech injury kind of shows why you don't do that. Our depth is kind of a blessing and a curse. It is good insurance but it also makes for awkward lineups and happenings like Pulisic playing 17 fucking positions since he's gotten here and Werner probably getting too much PT simply because we had no one else that could stretch opposing back lines the way he can.

Just kind of riffing. Here's hoping Lukaku can solve some of our issues with finishing chances.

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

mzcyrdkd1yg71.png

Tough go after Crystal Palace (with CP not exactly being an easy win)

Yeah I'm not sure we ever really broke out the schedule on here. I noticed them giving us Arsenal 2nd on the road when it came out. Weird how I'm more worried about that one than Pool the following week.