Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

From a neutral standpoint - the MF three of Kante, RLC, and Kovacic looked gassed about 75 min into the game and RM started to get a lot more opportunities as a result. I couldn't believe Tuchel didn't sub any of them until AET and only used one sub in regulation. RLC in particular looked as lively as anyone in the 1st half but just didn't have the legs pretty quick in the 2nd. 

This one feels like a dang coaching mistake.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, dieucla98 said:

From a neutral standpoint - the MF three of Kante, RLC, and Kovacic looked gassed about 75 min into the game and RM started to get a lot more opportunities as a result. I couldn't believe Tuchel didn't sub any of them until AET and only used one sub in regulation. RLC in particular looked as lively as anyone in the 1st half but just didn't have the legs pretty quick in the 2nd. 

This one feels like a dang coaching mistake.

Potentially, granted if we'd marked Benzema, who knows what would've happened.

Also

5 hours ago, MoJames said:

So Chelsea will being a US tour. Looks like late July with stops in Charlotte, Las Vegas and Orlando. The Orlando game is vs Arsenal.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/04/19/chelsea-to-play-arsenal-in-orlando-pre-season-fixture?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=orgsoc&utm_campaign=none

Might as well fly to England. 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

4 fucking goals at home to Arsenal. That's bad even with the recent questionable form.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Actually I think it is the back of

Alonso --- Sarr --- Christensen --- James --- Dave

Not quick enough.

This was the reason for the fantastic start. I also feel Kante is taking a step back. Our spacing was dogshit with no one in between Kante and Lukaku most of the day.

A lethargic performance after Madrid and Palace wasn’t a surprise. 

What was a surprise was that shit XI that Tuchel put out there. I know guys needed a rest, especially, Havertz, but Sarr just doesn’t play at the Chelsea level and Christensen has been awful lately. Would have rather seen Challobah. Oh well, still in good shape for the top 4. On to the Hammers

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/20/2022 at 4:47 PM, Doug E. Fresh said:

A lethargic performance after Madrid and Palace wasn’t a surprise. 

What was a surprise was that shit XI that Tuchel put out there. I know guys needed a rest, especially, Havertz, but Sarr just doesn’t play at the Chelsea level and Christensen has been awful lately. Would have rather seen Challobah. Oh well, still in good shape for the top 4. On to the Hammers

Sarr needs to be on loan somewhere. Although unfortunately we are about to lose a CB - not sure how quickly we can replace Rudiger. 

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Well, a boring game so far. The Rudiger story is already played out. Can't blame the guy with everything going on. I didn't realize he was 29.

I'd love to keep him, but this is his chance for a huge contract and I won't blame him for taking it since we either can't or won't offer it to him.  Without the Roman issues/sale of the team I think we would have been able to work something out to keep him, but that's where we are.

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I'd love to keep him, but this is his chance for a huge contract and I won't blame him for taking it since we either can't or won't offer it to him.  Without the Roman issues/sale of the team I think we would have been able to work something out to keep him, but that's where we are.

We offered him £200k per week before the sanctions but he shut down all contract discussions with the club. He’s clearly ready to move on. Will be a huge loss and we can’t start making any transfer moves until the sale is done. Frustrating

I'm a little worried about Kante.  When some players start downhill, it happens fast and that may be the case for him.  He has a ton of miles on those tires with how much he runs and fights.  

I know Alonso has his defensive issues, but I will miss him when he leaves.  He's had some massive goals over the years.

Watching the highlights, I had honestly forgotten Mata was still on ManU.  I looked and he left Chelsea in Jan 2014.  Wild that he's been gone for 8 years.

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

1000%. Front line has been broken for weeks and he keeps rolling them out there. 

Completely disagree. Tuchel has had some terrible lineup decisions but it’s generally been the backs and occasionally the midfield. Who else are you going to start up front? Lukaku? Pulisic?

Timo has been playing well of late and Havertz is the leading scorer. Not a lot of better options.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/1/2022 at 5:25 PM, Doug E. Fresh said:

Completely disagree. Tuchel has had some terrible lineup decisions but it’s generally been the backs and occasionally the midfield. Who else are you going to start up front? Lukaku? Pulisic?

Timo has been playing well of late and Havertz is the leading scorer. Not a lot of better options.

Tuchel has a hard on for his German players. Lukaku was a fucking scoring monster in Serie A. Watch how Inter used him and deploy similar tactics. You're telling with all of the fucking attacking players, Chelsea doesn't have people who could run a similar attack? Tuchel and his German hard on is the only dipshit manager to start Werner over Lukaku. Yes, Werner is not a 9 while Lukaku is, which means start Lukaku at 9 and move Havertz and sit Werner. Also, Ziyech seems to be the only attacker who has the leg and accuracy to score from distance. Werner, Puli, Havertz can't shoot for shit, especially outside the box. 

TLDR: Fuck Tuchel.

I mean, fuck Tuchel, really?

We have some personnel issues that need addressing and we still made the quarters of the CL and both domestic cup finals, with a chance to win one of them next week, and we should finish 3rd in the league.

I'm not sure how this is a "fuck the manager" season.  It's not as if we have a FIFA-dynasty-mode-after-3-seasons-of-getting-whatever-we-want roster at the moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Tuchel has a hard on for his German players. Lukaku was a fucking scoring monster in Serie A. Watch how Inter used him and deploy similar tactics. You're telling with all of the fucking attacking players, Chelsea doesn't have people who could run a similar attack? Tuchel and his German hard on is the only dipshit manager to start Werner over Lukaku. Yes, Werner is not a 9 while Lukaku is, which means start Lukaku at 9 and move Havertz and sit Werner. Also, Ziyech seems to be the only attacker who has the leg and accuracy to score from distance. Werner, Puli, Havertz can't shoot for shit, especially outside the box. 

TLDR: Fuck Tuchel.

You’re fucking clueless. Tuchel tried Lukaku as a 9 and he’s had 5 goals in the Premier League this year and has been on a downhill slide since the Arsenal goal. And now he looks completely lost out there. He keeps getting opportunities and keeps failing.

If you want to argue that Tuchel should change his whole scheme, to revolve more around Lukaku as a true 9, then make that argument. But don’t bring this bullshit that he prefers Germans. And by the way, his system won the UCL last year.

Werner, while disappointing last year, has been better and works his ass off. And has played well lately. Havertz is our leading scorer. Lukaku has been a failure, complained to the media, and while given many chances to redeem himself, still looks lost on the pitch. I was so fired up when we signed him but it didn’t work. Time for him to fuck off.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I doubt that Pulisic will be sold now that Americans have purchased the team. 

It will be interesting to see how his playing time is addressed. 

Well, I hope any new owner isn’t meddling into playing time for any player. That’s the the manager’s role, not ownership.