Chelsea 2021-2022: TUCheL our balls, hoes

ztejas

3 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Lukaku is a total game changer for this squad. The defense has to account for him constantly. So much more room for everyone else.

Or it could just be that Arsenal sucks.

Or both of those things could be true.

We look good but we've been a little sloppy - especially in the middle of the pitch. Lukaku is definitely a game changer and Arsenal might be really shitty this year - enough to where it's tough to read into this game too much. 

I'll take 3 points though after last year.

That isn't a pen. The ball is on Reece's side. Shit dive. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, RichUT said:

We’re also without Kante, who would help quite a bit in that regard

Absolutely. But if we're going to win the PL we need to quit being so reliant on one player. 

Fortunately we don't look like complete shit anymore when he sits. 

Arsenal getting outshot 19 to 6. 

We have FOURTEEN shots on target. Absolute drubbing. Shame it's just 2-0. 

(Actually NBC was displaying it wrong - we ended with 5 shots on target, 21 shots. Seemed high to me)

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Timo relegated to the guy we bring in at the end of the match to waste time.

I just don't think he fits this team anymore. His pace is nice but we are such a possession based team and now with Lukaku we won't be as reliant on the counter to score. 

Nice 3 today. Should have put a couple more in but oh well. 

55 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

How solid were we? 

They were pretty sufficiently outclassed. I'd give us an 8 on the day but Arsenal just isn't any good right now - especially in the back. They had a few nice chances in the final third including a penalty shout that could have gone their way but they were already down 2-0 before they did anything dangerous. We could and probably should have tacked on a couple more.

Lukaku's hold up play is amazing and completely changes our attack. I think there was some chemistry missing up top but that should come along in time. Mount and Havertz were both good enough but not great. Alonso and James gave them fits on the wings. Jorg and Kova were fine. Our back 3 and Mendy were pretty clinical.

Still missing Kante as a starter and no Pulisic obv. but our lineup should be pretty nasty pretty much every match day. If we don't contend for the title we're doing something wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

I may be biased but I am starting to wonder if our best lineup puts Mount in midfield and has two energizer bunnies in Pulisic and _______ up front next to Big Rom to receive balls to feet from Rom and constantly run at defenders.

• Hook 'Em 1

The beauty of this is there are several options depending on who we are playing.

High line? Here are Lukaku with Puli and Timo on each side.

Playing deep? Let's put Lukaku and Kai up top with a MF of Ziyech, Jorg, Mount.

Our current roster is a great "problem" to have.

• Hook 'Em 2

Contract stuff

Looks like we are putting our eggs in the Christensen basket and letting Rudiger wander after the season. Kounde is not in the Sevilla travel team so he looks like he is on his way. Zouma on his way out too. Dave probably wandering in a year or two.

Future looks good with Christensen, Kounde, Chalobah. Hope that Ampadu or Sarr develop.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:53 AM, MoJames said:

To Southampton.

Follow up on this, apparently we feel he is a definitely part of the future plans. Story in the Telegraph behind a paywall.

[The Telegraph] Valentino Livramento’s buy back clause to Chelsea is £40m. Chelsea and Southampton's view is that Southampton will essentially be paid £35m to develop Livramento for Chelsea since they paid £5m for him this summer.

Link

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hard to tell if that's an amazing shot or if he's trying to find Azpi at the far post.  Whatever.  1-0.

Who knows. Got a head on it and it went in. 

Didn't know what Kai was doing just there but looks like Rom was off. Oh well.

@TexArcher^

Edited by ztejas