John Wick 4

Neonmoon

• 1 year later...

There are multiple John Wick 4 threads for some reason but I believe this one is the oldest so I'm putting this reminder here that the latest installment is coming out this month.

Here's a final trailer and also you'll start to see (as I watched one last night) more Wick marathons on regular tv for promotion.

Really looking forward to this one. Reeves has said he will continue with the franchise as long as he's physically able and he's asked to do it, but it's gotta be reaching its conclusion for him right?

Would love to see this series continue.  As I understand, there are a couple of spinoff shows with "The Ballerina" and "The Continental".  I really like how Reeves does his own stunts and is quite good with the actual martial arts and 3-gun shooting (check him out on YouTube.)

Wouldn't mind a crossover show with Atomic Blonde, but obviously the timelines wouldn't match up (with Atomic Blonde being set in the cold war 80's.)

• Hook 'Em 1

I've heard Reeves is a considerate man who is well-respected in the business, so whatever he decides, I'll wish him well. As for the cross-overs, it's a big question mark for me. The original quartet of films (I'm going with 4 as hopefully being a good one) has been special because there is just enough information revealed to keep the plot (interspersed with a LOT of action) intriguing. I mean, from the get go in the first John Wick, you knew that Dad was going to end up burying his son and likely himself. However, the whole back story was a little nugget here and a little nugget there. And it drove the whole thing to the final fight. I loved that about them. And Winston and the Continental and Charon and all of that. Will their stories be as compelling as 'retired assassin whose car is stolen and dog slain returns for vengeance and then discovers a snowball of consequences that continues for 3 (or more) movies'? No idea. Good luck to them.

They do have some of the same writers, so hopefully that helps. I have no idea how all of that works. It seems difficult to me and a lot of pressure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 10:12 AM, Loose Stool said:

Wouldn't mind a crossover show with Atomic Blonde, but obviously the timelines wouldn't match up (with Atomic Blonde being set in the cold war 80's.)

Whatever it takes to get an Atomic Blonde sequel. Multiverse that shit if you have to, Hollywood 

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

It's John Wick Week, Motherfuckers!

I'm going to masturbate in my theater seat on Friday. Fuck anyone who is offended. John Wick deserves all of me.

Re-watched 1-3 over the weekend back to back to back.  Not like I didn't already have 1 memorized by heart.  My body is ready.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

On 3/20/2023 at 2:11 PM, utxmike05 said:

Re-watched 1-3 over the weekend back to back to back.  Not like I didn't already have 1 memorized by heart.  My body is ready.  

Been working through this. Finished 2 earlier this week, on a work trip now to finish 3 before watching 4

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

What platform did you use?

Peacock for 1 and 2

• Hook 'Em 1

My review:

Spoiler

Lance Reddick's death got me in the feels.

Mr. Nobody pulling his hand out of the knife.  I hadta look away.

They could have easily cut 45 minutes out of this.  But they saved the best for last. Traffic fight, tracking shot with shotguns and the plot twist at the end.

Glad they killed him off.  John Wick has run its course. 

Got $5 dolbycinema tickets from tmobile for this sat. Excited. I can barely remember any of the storyline other than the first one, just lots of cool gun fight action. Love seeing Hiroyuki Sanada in everything the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

My review:

Hide contents

Lance Reddick's death got me in the feels.

Mr. Nobody pulling his hand out of the knife.  I hadta look away.

They could have easily cut 45 minutes out of this.  But they saved the best for last. Traffic fight, tracking shot with shotguns and the plot twist at the end.

Glad they killed him off.  John Wick has run its course. 

Not sure your last two sentences are true,jmo.

Also had no idea Joe Burrow was French

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't recommend watching part 2 and 3 back to back. Exhausting. Take a break in between. 

After rewatching I realized parts 1-3 have occurred over just a week or so, based on comments by characters about JW actions like losing wife,dog,car. 

confirmed by director:

C366FFD1-37CA-420F-BB8C-A61F21315E98.jpeg

On 3/24/2023 at 10:59 AM, closetohumping said:

Yep.  Caught the 10:50 showing last night.  I'm tired, but it was worth it.

I had a friend that got off at 10 and went to the AMC in Times Square to see it after work. I have limits to how much I want to see a movie on opening night and that location is a red line. I think I went to sleep around 2:30 or so. Good enough for three hours of sleep. Thank God for the Nespresso machine at work…😂

On 3/24/2023 at 9:40 AM, Viper said:

Got $5 dolbycinema tickets from tmobile for this sat. Excited. I can barely remember any of the storyline other than the first one, just lots of cool gun fight action. Love seeing Hiroyuki Sanada in everything the last few years.

He was really good in this movie and loved him in Bullet Train. He just has a great screen presence. Hard to really explain it further than that, but you know when an actor or actress has that quality.