Bosch - Season 7 June 25

Scary Stranger

I feel the critics. The entire weird Billet's picture sexless man thing is why I'm reading this Idiocracy ... did reading Cloak Room threads make me so brain-dead that I do not recall how Bosch's dismissed-disgraced, rookie, ex-girlfriend returned to the force? She was ashamed and shit-canned in season 1 or 2 ... 

6 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I feel the critics. The entire weird Billet's picture sexless man thing is why I'm reading this Idiocracy ... did reading Cloak Room threads make me so brain-dead that I do not recall how Bosch's dismissed-disgraced, rookie, ex-girlfriend returned to the force? She was ashamed and shit-canned in season 1 or 2 ... 

brasher was pretty bad part of season 1.  her tites, however, were not.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

She was shipped off to Pacific Division to be a beach cop. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

lol oh god they actually brought up incels lol.  as a serious plot line. 

and there were a few of them.  at the same precinct.  that happened to be partners.  that whole thing was dumb.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, Brandywine said:

I thought it was good as well. I just got finished rewatching all the seasons and want to do it again. So much about this show just clicks for me. I love LA and like how the show presents it. It feels real and gritty. I love the music and his house and overlooking LA. I agree with the comments above that this was not one of the better seasons. And I noticed they brought back some of the characters from the past seasons, which seems to be common when you wrap a series up, which I’m not sure needed to happen. But overall I liked it. I hope there is a spin-off because I’m disappointed this is the last season. 

Pretty much my exact thoughts- thanks for saving me the post.

Re: spin-off:

https://www.newsweek.com/what-we-know-about-bosch-spin-off-cast-release-date-1604787

On 7/1/2021 at 6:52 AM, CooterBrown said:

She was shipped off to Pacific Division to be a beach cop. 

Yeah.  Remember when Billets went to Pacific to have lunch with Kiz Rider, and met Brasher in the parking lot.  Brasher said something about women can't get ahead in the LAPD and Billets reminded her that she was talking to a LT and a CAPT. 

I liked the season because I like most of the characters.

Spoiler

I did think Billets' storyline of ultimately getting the Capt out was unnecessary. It was hard to believe that all of that drama was going on, and Bosch was completely ignorant of the situation. The captain would really use a fraternity brother to set up an LT? Maybe that goes on, but too far of a stretch.  

Also Bosch telling Irving to FO outside the precinct was impossible. Bosch has some credit with Irving, but something like that couldn't be let off with "that's your last one."

On 6/30/2021 at 11:35 PM, Harrison Bergeron said:

One of the things I like about the TV show vs. the books is Edgar. I like the edge he has in Season 7. Bosch's worse moments in the show is when he's judging Edgar for being ... Bosch.

Bosch is 100% critical of anyone that breaks the dept rules, except himself. Bosch makes calculated risks to bring the bad guys to justice, everyone else screws up cases. It's that simple. :)

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bosch is 100% critical of anyone that breaks the dept rules, except himself. Bosch makes calculated risks to bring the bad guys to justice, everyone else screws up cases. It's that simple. :)

Yeah. Bosch in the books more likable, and that probably is because Edgar is more flippant. More than once I wanted to punch TV Bosch because Edgar is a good cop in the show. IIRC last season Bosch had his back with the Haitians-Jamaicans but was a dick a few times when Edgar was being ... Bosch.

Watched it this weekend. It was fine. Not my favorite season but still better than most things out there. 

I agree with the others regarding it feeling rushed. Not sure when shooting is but I wonder if covid fucked it up and they had to shut down and kind of piece it together. 

• 1 month later...

I’m thinking a lot of it was due to covid. The billet subplot was probably pretty easy filler to knockout quick and there were only 8 seasons.

I wonder at what point they came up with the spin-off.

But I loved the series. Watched all of them over the past couple of months.

I’m thinking a lot of it was due to covid. The billet subplot was probably pretty easy filler to knockout quick and there were only 8 episodes

I wonder at what point they came up with the spin-off. Previous season is my guess

But I loved the series . Watched all of them over the past couple of months.

• 1 year later...