2021 US Open - Torrey Pines

Wally Fairway

13 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

Lulz.  It’s not well known.  I have never heard this before ever.  What a crock.

Even a cursory google search suggests otherwise.  I'm one of Phil's biggest fans, but he's not a choirboy.  He escaped insider trading charges by a technicality.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Probably John Daly’s, but IIRC C-Man used to work the sports beat for a newspaper.

Yeah, I didn't have any sources personally other than some higher-ups in the Salesmanship Club (they were tight with my ex FIL) or Colonial bigwigs (they talked to us at the FWST). This was just some of the stuff that the other writers would talk about amongst themselves. Phil was always super accommodating to my spare ass -- local golf was one of my beats for a few years but the only PGA events I covered regularly were the Nelson and Colonial -- when I talked to him at these stops. I had numerous one-on-one conversations with Phil and he was great. Most of the talk among the curmudgeonly writers was about Phil's "fakeness" as it came to his public persona vs what his home life really was like. This was apparently one of the reasons why the caddies other than Bones supposedly hated Phil. I'm a fan, though. Always have been.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 weeks later...

Went to a memorial service yesterday for a very close friend's mom.  She was the neighborhood mother, let us party at their house all the time.  Great lady.

It was held at the site of the site of the '23 US Open.  Trying to finagle my way into that one.  Have a few friends who are members.

LACC.jpg

LACC2.jpg

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Went to a memorial service yesterday for a very close friend's mom.  She was the neighborhood mother, let us party at their house all the time.  Great lady.

It was held at the site of the site of the '23 US Open.  Trying to finagle my way into that one.  Have a few friends

LACC2.jpg

Is that sunset, or the glow from Los Angeles burning in a fire?