World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Captain Ron

48 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Salah v. Mane for a spot in Qatar.

This was kind of my point on Africa really losing out on some talent for the World Cup. They easily have the most brutal qualifier of any other country confederation.

I would put UEFA next, with a slightly more forgiving 2nd place/playoff.

And then it's likely South American, North America and Asia, all of which are tilted toward the better teams.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Not that I give a shit about Italy, but losing one game in all of qualifying and you're out seems pretty brutal.

Don't miss your PKs.

Frankly, they had 2 meh draws (both Switzerland games) and 2 awful draws (vs Bulgaria and at Northern Ireland). They only have themselves to blame.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

The reason Senegal aren’t already in the World Cup

That was this one!

19 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Oh man and right as I flip back from Nigeria-Ghana Senegal just misses a wide open net, right back at the keeper! They should have scored that. Great cross by Sane.

36 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Am I the only one that always cheers for Sub-Saharan teams vs Saharan teams? No idea why.

Because Mussolini couldn't be either one?  

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

Is there a (free) streaming site where you can watch the group pairings on Friday?  I see it's on Telemundo, but assuming I'm "at work"...what's a good site?  

Telemundo.com?

I’m really shocked that Fox is so dumb they aren't Showing it. 

Thanks.  I'll stream telemundo since it's free.  I don't think we have peacock.  I dunno, we got our cable cut for us by Google Fiber a few months ago and I still have no idea what the fuck we got going on tv-wise other than AppleTV.  I need to figure it out stat though, Better Call Saul coming back.