Southwest or every other airline in the history of the world?

closetohumping

Southwest or Every other airline in the history of the world  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Speaking of polls, I had sex with South_Austin's mom

• Southwest boarding sucks
    • Love Southwest boarding practices

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The ex and I were on a flight to London way back in the day and some college kid one row up in the middle section got wasted and decided to projectile vomit all over the cabin halfway across the Atlantic.  That was a fun flight.

This is why Surlites fly first class. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

And the Flight Attendants union is still being a bunch of bitches and not letting AA serve alcohol (or a second beverage service)...
Just keep in mind that all the airline Ceos said masks weren't even needed anymore. Yet their FAs can't serve patrons... Well except in first

13 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I stand because I'm tired of sitting and want to stretch my legs, not because I think I'm going anywhere in the next 10-15 minutes.

Aren't even the longet SWA flights just a few hours?  I mean other than Hawaii or NY to LA?  Do they even do that?  I assure you no one needed leg stretching from the 30 min flight from SA to HOU

18 minutes ago, midtown said:

Aren't even the longet SWA flights just a few hours?  I mean other than Hawaii or NY to LA?  Do they even do that?  I assure you no one needed leg stretching from the 30 min flight from SA to HOU

Yeah, a 30 minute flight is something completely different.  When I'm flying SW, some of the legs are around 3 hours or so.  I'm ready to stand when we come to a stop on those.  

Not sure what the longest non-Hawaii SW flights are.  I know they have some 5+ hour long flights out of Orlando and Baltimore going to places like Vegas, Phoenix, etc. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-alcohol-sales/

Updated story, also includes Wild Turkey.

• Miller Lite ($6).
  • Lagunitas IPA ($7).
  • Blue Moon ($7).
  • Sparkling wine ($6).
  • Chardonnay ($6).
  • Cabernet sauvignon ($6).
  • Vodka ($7).
  • Lime vodka ($7).
  • Jack Daniel’s Whiskey ($7).
  • Wild Turkey ($7).
  • Bacardi Rum ($7).
  • Tequila ($7).
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

• Miller Lite ($6).
  • Lagunitas IPA ($7).
  • Blue Moon ($7).
  • Sparkling wine ($6).
  • Chardonnay ($6).
  • Vodka ($7).
  • Lime vodka ($7).
  • Wild Turkey ($7).
  • Bacardi Rum ($7).
  • Tequila ($7).

Thanks for the update/correction.  As long as it's WT101 and not the lower proof, that's an improvement over JD, IMO.  And yes to Lagunitas IPA.

Edited by Carl Spackler

1 hour ago, Telegraph_it said:

The fights amongst passengers are going to be epic. If I was frontier/spirit I’d take Delta’s no fly list and send out marketing emails. 

They should remove all seats and just outfit the interior of the plane like its one continuous MMA octagon. Guy who submits the most of his fellow passengers gets $8 in travel vouchers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:
The fights amongst passengers are going to be epic. If I was frontier/spirit I’d take Delta’s no fly list and send out marketing emails. 

It will be interesting to watch this merger play out. I've yet to see how many of their respective routes overlap, although the combined Frontier-Spirit will be able to merge ground ops at many airports. Hopefully the new airline will he HQ'd in Denver. Over 80% of Spirit's flights compete directly with SWA which is probably one factor that leads to their PR problem of flying the most total trash from FL.

spirit-frontier-combined-destination-map

I had to fly Spirit once from DFW to LAX on an in and out. It was horrific. It was like flying the prison bus in Cool Hand Luke. A seat belt was broke in the row ahead of me. they got an extender and made two strangers share a seat belt. Surprised the toilets weren’t exposed like in a jail cell.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

• Miller Lite ($6).
  • Lagunitas IPA ($7).
  • Blue Moon ($7).
  • Sparkling wine ($6).
  • Chardonnay ($6).
  • Vodka ($7).
  • Lime vodka ($7).
  • Wild Turkey ($7).
  • Bacardi Rum ($7).
  • Tequila ($7).

Reading the full article confirms American Airlines is worst airline in the world.

IMO

On 2/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, midtown said:

You are wrong, good sir.  I can assure you that I need leg stretching after 30 minutes on a really nice couch, let alone an SWA seat.  Just wait until you are old and semi- crippled up!

8 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Yeah every flight less than 176 miles looks like it's 30 min or less.  With OGG to HNL being 22 minutes.   Seems like they barely have time to run down the aisles. 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yeah every flight less than 176 miles looks like it's 30 min or less.  With OGG to HNL being 22 minutes.   Seems like they barely have time to run down the aisles. 

Hawaiian Airlines, pre-pandemic at least, sold beer and wine on interisland flights.  If you're nice to the flight attendant you can get a second beer, but you gotta plan it out and be ready to catch them when they're picking up trash.  Helps to be in the front of the plane.  It's not unusual either.  I mean, you might be the only guy on that flight getting another drink, but you won't be the only guy that day.