Southwest or every other airline in the history of the world?

closetohumping

Southwest or Every other airline in the history of the world  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Speaking of polls, I had sex with South_Austin's mom

• Southwest boarding sucks
    • Love Southwest boarding practices

6 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

If the pilot asks if you've ever been in a Turkish Prison, you can probably give him one.

This is the kind of inside information I'm looking for.

I'm assuming there's a warm towel involved at some point?

Edited by RPM

You’re not flying in business class. You bought a ticket with “business select”. Two very different things. You’ll sit with the rest of the unwashed masses and you’ll like it. Only difference is you’ll board a little bit before most of them.  Your only other perk will be a free drink. Really the best you can hope for is a seat on the right side of the aircraft for a nice view of the Grand Canyon on the way in. Or the left side if you prefer seeing Hoover Dam. 

Edited by Your Mom
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

You’re not flying in business class. You bought a ticket with “business select”. Two very different things. You’ll sit with the rest of the unwashed masses and you’ll like it. Only difference is you’ll board a little bit before most of them.  Your only other perk will be a free drink, and if you’re flying before March 20 you won’t get that.  Really the best part you can hope for is a seat on the right side of the aircraft for a nice view of the Grand Canyon on the way in. Or the left side if you prefer seeing Hoover Dam. 

And the way SW lets people pre-board, even if you're A1, there will be 10-30 people who get on the plane before you do.

Sat first class last week on AA. Well worth the upgrade price. FA kept the woodford reserve flowing and no fucks given about wearing a mask.

Especially worth it since I was running late and didn’t have time to hit up the Centurion lounge ahead of time per usual.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Your Mom said:

You’re not flying in business class. You bought a ticket with “business select”. Two very different things. You’ll sit with the rest of the unwashed masses and you’ll like it. Only difference is you’ll board a little bit before most of them.  Your only other perk will be a free drink. Really the best you can hope for is a seat on the right side of the aircraft for a nice view of the Grand Canyon on the way in. Or the left side if you prefer seeing Hoover Dam. 

Enjoy your dam flight.

8 hours ago, TTU13 said:

Especially worth it since I was running late and didn’t have time to hit up the Centurion lounge ahead of time per usual.

I call bullshit.   Centurion lounges are almost unusable in the past year.  Every time I try to go It's at least a 45-1hr wait time.   

3 minutes ago, midtown said:

I call bullshit.   Centurion lounges are almost unusable in the past year.  Every time I try to go It's at least a 45-1hr wait time.   

I've been numerous times over the past year...never had a wait.  Sometimes had a bit of an issue finding an open seat, but that's because I want to use my laptop, so I kind of want a table.

This is at DFW and MIA...

Legit never had an issue. Worst experience was in PHX, it was a 5 min wait to get in.

DFW has the best centurion experience. Servers gladly pour doubles and let you order multiple drinks instead of one drink at a time.

9 hours ago, TTU13 said:

Legit never had an issue. Worst experience was in PHX, it was a 5 min wait to get in.

DFW has the best centurion experience. Servers gladly pour doubles and let you order multiple drinks instead of one drink at a time.

I guess I'm just unlucky. I've been in almost every centurion lounge in the US and only had problems the last year.

Last March the lounge in Houston closed at 5pm. My flight landed at 6.  Denied.

Last May in Dallas.  1 hour wait.

Last summer in Seattle with my kids.  1.5 hour wait.

FYI here is a post from an amex group I follow on Fb from this morning.

Screenshot_20220217-095337.jpg

Edited by midtown

19 minutes ago, midtown said:

I guess I'm just unlucky. I've been in almost every centurion lounge in the US and only had problems the last year.

That looks awful.  Maybe there's a special line for Tech grads?  Or maybe he works there?

1 hour ago, midtown said:

That's why I'm glad I've got Admiral's Club access too...

I've never seen it that busy, though.  That's ridiculous.  Probably the reason they're restricting guests starting next year.

I'm not surly 1%, but if I waited an hour in a line to get into a lounge...that would just suggest to me that I showed up to the airport way too early.  I've never understood people's fascinations with getting to the airport early (unless traveling with small children).  If you are connecting and have hours to kill and wait in line, I get it.  But most us live in major urban areas with dozens, if not hundreds of non-stop/direct flights and no need to kill hours on end in the terminal.  If you check out from your hotel and have hours to kill before your flight, don't burn it in the airport lounge.  Leave your bag at the hotel and go for a walk, see a museum, visit a park, a local watering hole, anything but the fucking terminal.  It is the most bizarre status achievement I've ever know and I used to travel a shit-ton for work.  I arrive 45-60 minutes to the front door.  If I have eligibility to use a lounge and there's no wait, I'll run in there for 2 drinks...if not I'll have two at the bar nearest my gate and that's that.  Again, if you're connecting...what's the fucking point?  To do work or make calls...do that at the hotel lobby where it's cleaner and quieter.  /rant

Having said that, what the fuck is going on with passengers freaking the fuck out at altitude lately?  Every week, it's some "almost crashed the plane" incident with some unruly cunt on a U.S. airline.  

Edited by Lobo

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm not airline 1%, but if I waited an hour in a line to get into a lounge...that would just suggest to me that I showed up to the airport way too early.  I've never understood people's fascinations with getting to the airport early (unless traveling with small children).  If you are connecting and have hours to kill and wait in line, I get it.  But most us live in major urban areas with dozens, if not hundreds of non-stop/direct flights and no need to kill hours on end in the terminal.  If you check out from your hotel and have hours to kill before your flight, don't burn it in the airport lounge.  Leave your bag at the hotel and go for a walk, see a museum, visit a park, a local watering hole, anything but the fucking terminal.  It is the most bizarre status achievement I've ever know and I used to travel a shit-ton for work.  I arrive 45-60 minutes to the front door.  If I have eligibility to use a lounge and there's no wait, I'll run in there for 2 drinks...if not I'll have two at the bar nearest my gate and that's that.  Again, if you're connecting...what's the fucking point?  To do work or make calls...do that at the hotel lobby where it's cleaner and quieter.  /rant

Having said that, what the fuck is going on with passengers freaking the fuck out at altitude lately?  Every week, it's some "almost crashed the plane" incident with some unruly cunt on a U.S. airline.  

Apparently traveling 500 mph in a metal tube 35k feet  off the ground is perfectly fine with everyone, but when you ask them to put a small piece of fabric over their mouth and nose the shit hits the fan.  That and we all hate each other.

• Fuck You 1

Yeah, every fucking video I click on lately looks the passenger brawl that ensues in "Airplane!" 

the Constitution clearly speaks to individual liberties whilst flying between the 50 states, even if over international waters.  That's why I always fly with a copy of the document, along with 2 xanax and 7 cocktails coursing through my veins.  

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm not surly 1%, but if I waited an hour in a line to get into a lounge...that would just suggest to me that I showed up to the airport way too early.  I've never understood people's fascinations with getting to the airport early (unless traveling with small children).  If you are connecting and have hours to kill and wait in line, I get it.  But most us live in major urban areas with dozens, if not hundreds of non-stop/direct flights and no need to kill hours on end in the terminal.  If you check out from your hotel and have hours to kill before your flight, don't burn it in the airport lounge.  Leave your bag at the hotel and go for a walk, see a museum, visit a park, a local watering hole, anything but the fucking terminal.  It is the most bizarre status achievement I've ever know and I used to travel a shit-ton for work.  I arrive 45-60 minutes to the front door.  If I have eligibility to use a lounge and there's no wait, I'll run in there for 2 drinks...if not I'll have two at the bar nearest my gate and that's that.  Again, if you're connecting...what's the fucking point?  To do work or make calls...do that at the hotel lobby where it's cleaner and quieter.  /rant

If you're traveling international AND checking a bag, AA requires you to have that bag checked no less than 1 hr before flight.  I've almost missed a flight to Paris (luckily it was delayed) because the line to check bags was crazy and it took 30 min before I could get the bag checked in.  I got there 1 hr 15 min before my flight.

Now, I add a cushion just in case...and that means lounge time.  And why not?  Free premium liquor or go to a non-airport bar and PAY?

Yeah, if you're going international, certainly.  or with kids, as I stated.  But 80% of travel for the folks on here is domestic, sans kids.  For me, anyway, means don't leave home/office before I need to and upon return, don't ride to the airport with 4 hours to kill.  Yes, the free booze is nice.  But I'd rather hang back at home or in the city I'm leaving and spend my time exploring.  I know what airport lounges look like, I do not know what the exhibit at the BMFA looks like this year.  But I get it, it's travel.  To each their own, but I keep hearing horror stories (in addition to shitty passengers up in the sky) about folks having to wait extended periods of time to enter airport lounges.  Just a big head scratcher to me.  It's not studio 54.  I'm not waiting in one line (TSA) to wait in another line (premium lounge) to wait in another line (to board the plane). 

It's just me, I hate airports because they remind me that I've gotta get on an airplane and I fucking hate flying.  I'm not afraid of crashing or terrorists.  I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack during bad turbulence.  And now I also gotta worry about some Oakley-wearing cocksucker fucking with the crew or plane itself.  I

• 2 weeks later...

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WKBW) — A JetBlue pilot was removed from the cockpit of a plane in Buffalo, New York on suspicion he was intoxicated, authorities said.

The pilot has been identified as 52-year-old James Clifton of Orlando, Florida.

According to the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA), Clifton was passing through security Wednesday when a TSA officer noticed the pilot may be impaired.

NFTA police were notified and Clifton was removed from the cockpit. The pilot was reportedly given a breathalyzer test and registered a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.17. According to the FAA, pilots should not be flying with a BAC over .04.

Clifton was taken into custody but released to JetBlue security. He could still face federal charges.

The flight, JetBlue 2465, was delayed four hours and 10 minutes according to data from FlightAware.

33 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WKBW) — A JetBlue pilot was removed from the cockpit of a plane in Buffalo, New York on suspicion he was intoxicated, authorities said.

The pilot has been identified as 52-year-old James Clifton of Orlando, Florida.

According to the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA), Clifton was passing through security Wednesday when a TSA officer noticed the pilot may be impaired.

NFTA police were notified and Clifton was removed from the cockpit. The pilot was reportedly given a breathalyzer test and registered a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.17. According to the FAA, pilots should not be flying with a BAC over .04.

Clifton was taken into custody but released to JetBlue security. He could still face federal charges.

The flight, JetBlue 2465, was delayed four hours and 10 minutes according to data from FlightAware.

Dang.....  Federal Charges????   

I mean...it's one thing to get totally hammered on a layover.  Mofo was in Buffalo afterall. 

But, to report like that?  Didn't any of the crew on the van notice that he was lit?   

OK, so I got really, really drunk.  I'm still drunk.  Van is coming to pick us up in an hour.  Maybe, just maybe, you call in sick and tell them that you've got the shits?   Instead of shitting away a very lucrative career? 

• Haha 1

I mean...it's one thing to get totally hammered on a layover.  Mofo was in Buffalo afterall. 
But, to report like that?  Didn't any of the crew on the van notice that he was lit?   
OK, so I got really, really drunk.  I'm still drunk.  Van is coming to pick us up in an hour.  Maybe, just maybe, you call in sick and tell them that you've got the shits?   Instead of shitting away a very lucrative career? 

He's a professional. Those types could blow a .24 and you wouldn't know it.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Very lucrative career? He's a pilot for fucking JetBlue. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, royiv said:

Very lucrative career? He's a pilot for fucking JetBlue. 

you're a fucking moron.

he typical JetBlue Captain salary is $272,853 per year. Captain salaries at JetBlue can range from $194,218 - $572,809 per year. This estimate is based upon 8 JetBlue Captain salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Captain at JetBlue can expect to make an average total pay of $284,807 per year.

43 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

you're a fucking moron.

he typical JetBlue Captain salary is $272,853 per year. Captain salaries at JetBlue can range from $194,218 - $572,809 per year. This estimate is based upon 8 JetBlue Captain salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Captain at JetBlue can expect to make an average total pay of $284,807 per year.

Or we have very different ideas of what is very lucrative. Fucking moron.

• Fuck You 1

OK Rocko, post your pay stub.  

The average salary in the US is $47k and change.   So, 4X average for the minimum salary is "lucrative" for anybody that isn't a complete moron with his finger up his own asshole.  Which, of course, excludes you. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

OK Rocko, post your pay stub.  

The average salary in the US is $47k and change.   So, 4X average for the minimum salary is "lucrative" for anybody that isn't a complete moron with his finger up his own asshole.  Which, of course, excludes you. 

Dude, calm the fuck down. You're awfully triggered by a smart-ass comment. I guess selling real astute in Southern California isn't so lucrative these days.

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
13 hours ago, royiv said:
Dude, calm the fuck down. You're awfully triggered by a smart-ass comment. I guess selling real astute in Southern California isn't so lucrative these days.

Just admit you were wrong instead of doubling down on stupid.

Gil’s numbers are wrong. Ain’t no JetBlue captain making $500k a year unless they’re flying transcon red eyes every day of the month. JetBlue captains top out at $275/hr. Guarantee is 70 hours per month so that translates to $19,250 monthly. So right around $240k annually. Definitely a good living, but not what many folks would consider VERY lucrative.

That said, I was making a smart-ass comment about JetBlue since, you know, it’s a shitty airline and Gil got triggered for some reason. 

15 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

you're a fucking moron.

@GreenspointTexas

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, royiv said:

Gil’s numbers are wrong. Ain’t no JetBlue captain making $500k a year unless they’re flying transcon red eyes every day of the month. JetBlue captains top out at $275/hr. Guarantee is 70 hours per month so that translates to $19,250 monthly. So right around $240k annually. Definitely a good living, but not what many folks would consider VERY lucrative.

That said, I was making a smart-ass comment about JetBlue since, you know, it’s a shitty airline and Gil got triggered for some reason. 

$250k per year for only working 10 days a month would be considered lucrative in most circles.  Not Surly 1%, but not flying rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong, either.

8 hours ago, royiv said:

Edited for too much Rocko. 

Edited by Your Mom