Southwest or every other airline in the history of the world?

closetohumping

Southwest or Every other airline in the history of the world  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Speaking of polls, I had sex with South_Austin's mom

• Southwest boarding sucks
    • Love Southwest boarding practices

I’m sure it’s a problem across all airports and all airlines and being under the weather was making me cranky already but GOD FUCKING DAMMIT countless announcements in the Terminal waiting area about wearing your mask properly and yet plenty of fucksticks sitting walking around not doing so.  Saw enough Airport security patrolling around and not doing a fucking thing about it, fired offa sternly written email to some Intern at Love. 

It wasn’t much better on the planes plus the added bullshit of the FAs telling everyone that the flight is full so only carry on luggage goes in the overhead and backpacks and such under your seat.  But no... these motherfuckers have to disregard that and stored whatever the fuck they wanted, one FA was even. Shaking her head almost told her she should say something even go grab it out of the overhead and tell them to store by their seat.  A sternly written email to SW forthcoming.  Other than that and some delays, trip was fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

I’m sure it’s a problem across all airports and all airlines and being under the weather was making me cranky already but GOD FUCKING DAMMIT countless announcements in the Terminal waiting area about wearing your mask properly and yet plenty of fucksticks sitting walking around not doing so.  Saw enough Airport security patrolling around and not doing a fucking thing about it, fired offa sternly written email to some Intern at Love. 

It wasn’t much better on the planes plus the added bullshit of the FAs telling everyone that the flight is full so only carry on luggage goes in the overhead and backpacks and such under your seat.  But no... these motherfuckers have to disregard that and stored whatever the fuck they wanted, one FA was even. Shaking her head almost told her she should say something even go grab it out of the overhead and tell them to store by their seat.  A sternly written email to SW forthcoming.  Other than that and some delays, trip was fine. 

Were we on the same flight? 

12 hours ago, Underdog said:

i gotta say on the luggage part, fuck that, I'm checking my bags and only carry on my backpack with batteries and what not. I'm a tall big dude and ever inch of leg space matters. I'm not sticking my backpack under my seat to accommodate people bringing way too much crap on the plane when they also could have checked their large bags. (Note these people are nine times out of ten short as shit and always, always recline their f-in seat.)

ObligatoryJimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

49 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm not sticking my backpack under my seat to accommodate people bringing way too much crap on the plane when they also could have checked their large bags

It depends on the backpack.   I carryon either a full 40L pack or a 35L.  They do not fit under the seat.  I've had people come late when there is no overhead space and ask me to put my backpack under my seat.  I just laugh at them while explaining its a full carryon.  But if its a personal backpack Ill only put it in the storage bin after everyone is on and only if there is space etc.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, Underdog said:

JFC I knew limpwrists like you existed, but to actually come across one is quite a thing.  Do you double mask at home you little fruit?  Who the fuck is still tattling over masks in 2022?  Quite the manly little tart aren't you?  Do you wear your Beto shirt when your wife pegs you?

Edited by immamac
Great way to earn a vacation.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

JFC I knew limpwrists like you existed, but to actually come across one is quite a thing.  Do you double mask at home you little fruit?  Who the fuck is still tattling over masks in 2022?  Quite the manly little tart aren't you?  Do you wear your Beto shirt when your wife pegs you?

Limp wrist?  Little fruit?  Pegged?  Yet you’re the one with the Neg.  Good job, good effort.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/9/2022 at 9:23 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

i gotta say on the luggage part, fuck that, I'm checking my bags and only carry on my backpack with batteries and what not. I'm a tall big dude and ever inch of leg space matters. I'm not sticking my backpack under my seat to accommodate people bringing way too much crap on the plane when they also could have checked their large bags. (Note these people are nine times out of ten short as shit and always, always recline their f-in seat.)

ObligatoryJimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

you do you, but if you are taller than 5'8" and knowingly purchase Y then you deserve any scorn from anyone who can't get their rollaboard in a bin

air travel is sardine can combat

i'm not surl 1% but post rona i don't fly in the back and i will never again willingly fly swa

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, midtown said:

It depends on the backpack.   I carryon either a full 40L pack or a 35L.  They do not fit under the seat.  I've had people come late when there is no overhead space and ask me to put my backpack under my seat.  I just laugh at them while explaining its a full carryon.  But if its a personal backpack Ill only put it in the storage bin after everyone is on and only if there is space etc.

do you insure all of the straps are confined for minimum volume perception?  do you tilt the bag upright and sideways for minimum volume use?  do you offer to help move all other bags in your bin or the bins in your area to help the FAs achieve maximum density in the least possible amount of precious pre-push boarding time?  do you explain that your bag will not fit under your seat rather than just laugh at the opposition (your fellow pax)?  do you explain to the bitch with the loose wardrobe flopping everywhere that you will help her shove and cram her shit after the rigid objects have been stowed?  do you explain to the kettles that their purse goes under their seat and hand it back to them?

i used to do all of these things a dozen or so times a year flying pre-rona

wear a polo shirt with the logo of the airline you're flying and the pax will think you're a non-rev and obey like sheeple

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

do you insure all of the straps are confined for minimum volume perception?  do you tilt the bag upright and sideways for minimum volume use?  do you offer to help move all other bags in your bin or the bins in your area to help the FAs achieve maximum density in the least possible amount of precious pre-push boarding time?  do you explain that your bag will not fit under your seat rather than just laugh at the opposition (your fellow pax)?  do you explain to the bitch with the loose wardrobe flopping everywhere that you will help her shove and cram her shit after the rigid objects have been stowed?  do you explain to the kettles that their purse goes under their seat and hand it back to them?

i used to do all of these things a dozen or so times a year flying pre-rona

wear a polo shirt with the logo of the airline you're flying and the pax will think you're a non-rev and obey like sheeple

If she's hot, I'll help shove and cram her shit and stow my rigid object.

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you do you, but if you are taller than 5'8" and knowingly purchase Y then you deserve any scorn from anyone who can't get their rollaboard in a bin

air travel is sardine can combat

i'm not surl 1% but post rona i don't fly in the back and i will never again willingly fly swa

Like I said, I'm a tall big dude, I don't get much scorn, nor do I care since I'm carrying on 1/4 of what most people are. Any and all scorn is with the airlines for causing the issue that they could easily fix by either following their own rules or enforcing better ones.

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Like I said, I'm a tall big dude, I don't get much scorn, nor do I care since I'm carrying on 1/4 of what most people are. Any and all scorn is with the airlines for causing the issue that they could easily fix by either following their own rules or enforcing better ones.

do you deliberately purchase Y ?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:18 AM, PilotsError said:

I’m laughing at you.  Not with you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

do we have a rental car agency thread?

hertz remains broken beyond comprehension coming out of the rona

i need to test one of the others, leaning national

sorry for wrong thread if it was obvious and i missed it

Ever book a rental through Priceline?   Every time “we ran out of cars.  Contact Priceline”

On 4/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, Underdog said:

It wasn’t much better on the planes

Not trying to start a whole mask debate with you here, but what percentage of people would you say were actually "violating" the mask policy?

I just got home from a 2 week trip that involved 5 different airports (Love included) and it was maybe 1% of the people, if that. Vast majority of people I saw were wearing masks unless eating or drinking, and these were mostly Texas and Florida airports, where I'd assume the compliance is some of the lowest.

If you felt it necessary to write an email over that level of compliance in 2022, you might need to get a hobby.

I saw a lot of shit that can use some serious improvement, but mask compliance was pretty low on that list.

I bet they all stood up and clapped too and then broke into a spontaneous dance number to "A Brand New Day" from the Wiz

Anyone walking around smiling in an airport is a psychopath.  They're hell on earth, masks or no masks.  Now you can't even mutter under your breath at the fat family from Magootville who have never been in one before rushing to catch their Spirit Airlines flight to Branson. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I bet they all stood up and clapped too and then broke into a spontaneous dance number to "A Brand New Day" from the Wiz

Anyone walking around smiling in an airport is a psychopath.  They're hell on earth, masks or no masks.  Now you can't even mutter under your breath at the fat family from Magootville who have never been in one before rushing to catch their Spirit Airlines flight to Branson. 

You should airport better. 

21 minutes ago, elfenix said:

My united record needs cleaned up so I've been standing here at the "Additional Services" counter for 20 minutes while the clerk contacts the help desk

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You shouldn’t have called in that bomb threat in junior high to postpone the test you didn’t study for.

• Like 1

I think the A/C is out on the south pier of terminal C

What is up with prices to Denver?
Went to book a long weekend and SWA is charging $844 for an AUS>DEN round trip. What in the every living fuck?
Every other airline is around $500 also. 

Air travel got $$$ about a month ago.

Slide wasn't working on original AC so ended up talking to 3 more united agents to get rebooked. First one couldn't do anything because I wasn't guaranteed to miss my connection. Within 30 seconds after she hung up they announced that the AC would be further delayed. Next one messed up the rebooking getting my return flight literally backward, and 3rd one got everything fixed. All told I waited on united for over 2 hours today

14 hours ago, elfenix said:

I think the A/C is out on the south pier of terminal C

Air travel got $$$ about a month ago.

It's 4/20 weekend. Kind of a big deal in Denver tourism. Hotel rooms are jacked as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Southwest can officially gargle my balls. This week they moved my flights for two separate summer trips. One not that big of a deal, but the other will eat into most of our first day of vacation.

Are other airlines adjusting summer flight times this far in advance?

I've had AA do as well, but SWA has been much more frequent and disruptive. One flight already had 3 changes for since I booked. (Started as 10min, 10 mins... then 4 hour change)

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Southwest can officially gargle my balls. This week they moved my flights for two separate summer trips. One not that big of a deal, but the other will eat into most of our first day of vacation.

United shifted around an August flight.  Original departure flight was at noon.  They moved us to 2:30pm.  Only other option was 10am.  Went with that instead.  

Just once, I'd like to do shit as originally scheduled.....

8 hours ago, South Austin said:

If there's a flight at a different time you'd rather be on, I would call them and ask to be moved to the time you prefer. I typically do this and they move me without charge. 

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34139659-post1.html

On Friday April 1 I was scheduled to fly from Jacksonville FL to New Orleans LA.

This was a flight with a connection in Nashville. There were no non-stop or direct flights. The Flight was 2 hours late leaving Jacksonville and when the plane arrived in Nashville I had missed my connection. The Customer Service people in the airport scheduled me on a flight leaving the next day Saturday at around 1:15 in the afternoon. I was not provided a hotel accommodations I was given 2 LUV vouchers totaling $300. I made hotel arrangements and paid for my dinner and lodging.

The Flight on Saturday was a direct flight going first to Austin then without a plan change to New Orleans. The Flight leaving Nashville was over 4 hours late departing. But that was OK as I would get home the same day. Upon landing in Austin the Flight Crew made the usual announcement that through passengers should remain in the seats for a count and we would be continuing on to New Orleans. As soon as the door to the plane was opened The Flight Attendants announced that all New Orleans passengers would need to deplane and speak to Customer Service. The New Orleans leg of the flight had been canceled. After spending some time waiting to speak to Customer Service I was rescheduled for the next morning with an early morning connecting flight through Dallas with a plane change to another flight going to New Orleans. I received a $200 LUV voucher but received neither accommodations nor assistance. I was able to locate a hotel at my own expense and had dinner.

However even before I could even have dinner I received a message that the flight from Dallas to New Orleans the next morning was canceled. My Rapid Rewards account was not updated and still showed me changing planes in Dallas, however the Flight Status on the website showed the flight as canceled. I tried to call Southwest Customer Service and was unable to get through to the A-List expedited service. The automated system kept insisting my Rapid Rewards Account Number was not recognized, even though that same number and my A-List status was shown on their website and on every boarding pass I had been issued. I was placed in the standard phone queue. I was warned wait time would be 120 minutes. I decided to wait in hopes of getting the matter resolved I held on the phone almost 2 and a half hours, not one ever picked up. I attempted to see what other flights were available from either Austin or Dallas. The website showed no flights available from Austin and only one flight was available from Dallas it was a direct flight in the evening with one stop in Austin.

After only a couple hours sleep Saturday Night (really Sunday morning) I got up early took the Hotel shuttle to the Austin Airport and went to the Southwest ticket counter. Fortunately there was no line at the Fly By Priority Counter. I explained my problem to the Ticket Agent and she called over a Supervisor or Manager, I’m not really sure which, who took over. They had decided that they would try to get me on a nonstop flight from Austin to New Orleans later in the morning, but that they needed to over ride the system to do it. They were eventually able to issue me a boarding pass and I was able to get a non-stop flight home 40 hours late after one missed connection, two canceled flights and two nights in hotels.

• Rage+1 2

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34139659-post1.html

On Friday April 1 I was scheduled to fly from Jacksonville FL to New Orleans LA.

This was a flight with a connection in Nashville. There were no non-stop or direct flights. The Flight was 2 hours late leaving Jacksonville and when the plane arrived in Nashville I had missed my connection. The Customer Service people in the airport scheduled me on a flight leaving the next day Saturday at around 1:15 in the afternoon. I was not provided a hotel accommodations I was given 2 LUV vouchers totaling $300. I made hotel arrangements and paid for my dinner and lodging.

The Flight on Saturday was a direct flight going first to Austin then without a plan change to New Orleans. The Flight leaving Nashville was over 4 hours late departing. But that was OK as I would get home the same day. Upon landing in Austin the Flight Crew made the usual announcement that through passengers should remain in the seats for a count and we would be continuing on to New Orleans. As soon as the door to the plane was opened The Flight Attendants announced that all New Orleans passengers would need to deplane and speak to Customer Service. The New Orleans leg of the flight had been canceled. After spending some time waiting to speak to Customer Service I was rescheduled for the next morning with an early morning connecting flight through Dallas with a plane change to another flight going to New Orleans. I received a $200 LUV voucher but received neither accommodations nor assistance. I was able to locate a hotel at my own expense and had dinner.

However even before I could even have dinner I received a message that the flight from Dallas to New Orleans the next morning was canceled. My Rapid Rewards account was not updated and still showed me changing planes in Dallas, however the Flight Status on the website showed the flight as canceled. I tried to call Southwest Customer Service and was unable to get through to the A-List expedited service. The automated system kept insisting my Rapid Rewards Account Number was not recognized, even though that same number and my A-List status was shown on their website and on every boarding pass I had been issued. I was placed in the standard phone queue. I was warned wait time would be 120 minutes. I decided to wait in hopes of getting the matter resolved I held on the phone almost 2 and a half hours, not one ever picked up. I attempted to see what other flights were available from either Austin or Dallas. The website showed no flights available from Austin and only one flight was available from Dallas it was a direct flight in the evening with one stop in Austin.

After only a couple hours sleep Saturday Night (really Sunday morning) I got up early took the Hotel shuttle to the Austin Airport and went to the Southwest ticket counter. Fortunately there was no line at the Fly By Priority Counter. I explained my problem to the Ticket Agent and she called over a Supervisor or Manager, I’m not really sure which, who took over. They had decided that they would try to get me on a nonstop flight from Austin to New Orleans later in the morning, but that they needed to over ride the system to do it. They were eventually able to issue me a boarding pass and I was able to get a non-stop flight home 40 hours late after one missed connection, two canceled flights and two nights in hotels.

Is that you?  Or just a random forum post. 

Regardless…that person sounds poor. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, After irth said:

United shifted around an August flight.  Original departure flight was at noon.  They moved us to 2:30pm.  Only other option was 10am.  Went with that instead.  

Just once, I'd like to do shit as originally scheduled.....

The annoying part is when you've paid more money at the time of booking for a flight with better departure/arrival times, then they jerk you around and change it to a shitty time anyways, and act like everything is fine because you are still flying on the same calendar day and they are kind enough to not charge you an additional change fee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Been in two major airports this week.  CLT and DTW.  Nary a mask in sight.  The FA’s and TSA are borderline giddy and those are people that actively hate their customers.

It’s like it’s pre covid and nothing ever happened.

Don't worry, the second you step off your SW flight into Mexico, the mask goes back on.