Southwest or every other airline in the history of the world?

closetohumping

Southwest or Every other airline in the history of the world  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Speaking of polls, I had sex with South_Austin's mom

• Southwest boarding sucks
    • Love Southwest boarding practices

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

FUCK SOUTHWEST! They began boarding 5 minutes before posting time so my A 02 boarding order was a waste. Ended up boarding by cutting in front of the B line 

I’m sorry you got robbed of spending even more time inside an airplane. 

Put me in the I will never fly that fucking airline again boat.  To and from Tampa with my kids and all the shit that makes SWA horrible happened.  Trying to login and 24 hours and .0001 seconds or you get boarding group F 70 and have to sit all over the fucking airplane with kids and seat savers.  Fuck that shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, midtown said:

Put me in the I will never fly that fucking airline again boat.  To and from Tampa with my kids and all the shit that makes SWA horrible happened.  Trying to login and 24 hours and .0001 seconds or you get boarding group F 70 and have to sit all over the fucking airplane with kids and seat savers.  Fuck that shit

Oh, the fucking seat savers.  Always some miserable Karen traveling with her family of 7 and saving seats for her BFF's family of 9 who is boarding group C40.

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2023 at 7:27 PM, LebongJames said:

You should of cut in front of anyone in A that wasn’t A1. Also the app is pretty good at letting you know that boarding has started.

That's the other got damn annoying thing.  Two crowds: 

1. Hey, I'm A15, you're A16. get back!

2. We're all C- group why does it matter.  

Regarding 2, well because C1 and C40 ain't the same is it.

I have quite a few FF miles left and I'm not sure what to do with them.

Edited by closetohumping

On 3/15/2023 at 3:12 PM, midtown said:

you don't

check in online

print out QR code passes

on YOUR pass do the scribble trick described above

board after the A group all together, age of kids doesn't matter

$9.95 please

A few SWA questions: 

1) Is there a way to determine the age of the plan when you book your flight? It seems like damn near every SWA plane I've been on has been in service since the 80s. 

2) Quietest part of the plane? I sat in the first row on a flight to DC and it was deafening. 

3) When are their sales? I remember one in August maybe. 

20 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Tomato juice + Tito's > Mr & Mrs T (for taint) Bloody Mary mix + Tito's. Sorry I'm not a merlot guy.

Mr & Mrs T is the Yugo of drink mixers.

Theyre Shitty Ground Keepers GIF - Theyre Shitty Ground Keepers Cleaning -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

A few SWA questions: 

1) Is there a way to determine the age of the plan when you book your flight? It seems like damn near every SWA plane I've been on has been in service since the 80s. 

2) Quietest part of the plane? I sat in the first row on a flight to DC and it was deafening. 

3) When are their sales? I remember one in August maybe. 

3. They have 50% off rewards points right now through April 4th

21 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Always do the math for your particular flight. I bought some points at 40% off a while back only so I could extend my existing point to purchase a flight. With the "40% discount", it saved me like $6 over paying cash. 

Edited by CooterBrown

On 3/19/2023 at 12:33 PM, CowboyFred said:

13 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Always do the math for your particular flight. I bought some points at 40% off a while back only so I could extend my existing point to purchase a flight. With the "40% discount", it saved me like $6 over paying cash. 

The math on this is pretty simple. SW points are worth about 1.5 cents each when redeeming. If you can buy points for substantially less (1.2 cents each may not seem like a lot less but it's basically 20% off SW flights), you'll come out ahead. If not, you won't.

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to rebook a flight with American Airlines for about 5 weeks because their customer service team gave us bad information last summer (and bad information every time we’ve called them the last 5 weeks).

Southwest’s cancellation/credit system is infinitely better. I don’t even have to talk to someone at Southwest to use my credits and they don’t have arbitrary end dates when they expire. 

9 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Southwest’s cancellation/credit system is infinitely better. I don’t even have to talk to someone at Southwest to use my credits and they don’t have arbitrary end dates when they expire. 

I’ve fortunately had very few issues with SWA, and this has never been one of them. Re-booking and cancelling without losing points is never a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm flying SWA tomorrow for the first time in forever. Paid the $20 for the early-bird check in. Went to app and it hadn't checked me in yet. Clicked check-in and got B26. Why do I feel like I was taken for $20? I'm flying solo with just a backpack so it's not that big a deal for overhead storage but should I have gotten a better boarding position?

Depends on the flight. I've gotten everywhere from A40-B30 with the auto on. I'm pretty sure it assigns the number and then shows it to you when you sign in. If you don't sign in right at the 24 hour mark you'll usually be in the C's

Early bird check in where you still have to check in.  That's a really great system.  We always just check 1 bag between us, so I never bother with trying it.  I check in as soon as I can and usually get at the tail end of B group.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

So I'm flying SWA tomorrow for the first time in forever. Paid the $20 for the early-bird check in. Went to app and it hadn't checked me in yet. Clicked check-in and got B26. Why do I feel like I was taken for $20? I'm flying solo with just a backpack so it's not that big a deal for overhead storage but should I have gotten a better boarding position?

The Early Bird fee only moves you up within the tier of the fare you purchased.

It works like this for boarding assignments:

A1-15: Business Select fares

A16-whatever: Anytime fares + Early-Bird

3rd tier: Anytime fares

4th tier: Wanna Get Away fares + Early-Bird

5th tier:  Wanna Get Away fares

1st, 3rd, and 5th tiers are sorted by your frequent flyer status.  Checking in at exactly 24 hours prior to the flight does absolutely nothing.

Edited by CooterBrown

On 5/27/2023 at 8:47 AM, Mother mopar said:

Flying AA to Mexico today and noticed they don't have the traditional in-flight entertainment. Everything is from your own device; streaming etc. Haven't flown AA in a while as I'm a Delta loyalist, just something that struck me as odd.

That seatback stuff has weight and it all adds up.  Everybody has a smartphone or ipad these days anyway. 

If you're in a premium long-haul seat, you still get the screen. 

Flew on SWA to LGA on Friday and it went pretty well. I was able to snag an aisle seat near the exit row. Thought it was interesting that a 737 Max didn't have USB chargers or power outlets which AA flights all have. 

For Pete's sake, does everyone get pre-boarding privileges now? I swear 30 families got on the plane before the B group was called.