Does anybody know the asshole with the horn/buzzer?

TrashMaster G

20 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I swear, I've watched that video 2 dozen times and I can't tell who has the horn.

I was sitting right there, 5 yards away and it was hard to tell who was doing it.  The guy, I think, is aware of how annoying it is and prefers to remain covert.

That's my theory.

I used to not have a theory and now I've got that one ~ /Ron White

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Excuse me.  I was under the overhang behind the dugout and it is loud and annoying as shit.  Mark it zero.  Next frame.

Factor in that I've shot a lot of very large caliber weapons w/o hearing protection in my youth.  

I will not argue against your point.

2 hours ago, PDX_Horn said:

It was annoying at first but kinda has a charm to it similar to the minotaurs and Taco Bell gong 

No.

26 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Perhaps the horn, like Sampson’s hair, gives us strength.  Just a thought.  Don’t want to go messing with superstition at a time like this. 

Bullshit.  We've won tons of games without it.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Excuse me.  I was under the overhang behind the dugout and it is loud and annoying as shit.  Mark it zero.  Next frame.

this.  same spot.  its fucking soccer communist shit.  does anyone know anyone in OLF?

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

does anyone know anyone in OLF?

Like I said the dudes buddy posted on the Austin regional thread.  His name on here is BillyGoatHill this was his post:

Y'all going to make a lot of players, their parents, and former players (including Zeke and Zonk) mad, should you really be mad at something like the left field airhorn. 

already posted, that is the #occupyleftfield tailgate. The guy that set that up and has run it for over 12 years is a good guy and I know him personally and drunk beer with him during many games. He lives and breathes UT Baseball and at his tailgate, many of the player parents are out there at least pre-game and sometimes the whole game. In 2018, after they won against Tenn Tech, the whole team was out there after the game, including the broadcast crew that I got to have a beers with. Kieschnick and Quan were out there too. Everyone took turns firing Smokey before the Cowboys put it away. 

As far as the horn being blown goes, that has been a staple of that crowd, not only this year, but for as long as that tailgate has gone on. It was originally started to piss of the asshole Patterson when he was AD. He first put banners in front of their tailgate, and then boarded it over with a wall that was taken down by Del Conte after he went out there his first year here and saw what they had going on out there. 

The HORN only gets louder and more frequent this time of year as it is a hell of lot better that what the PA or the crappy DJ music for getting the crowd into the game. 

Come out, have some beers and enjoy the Horns ( both on the field and off) cuz they will both be there. 🤘

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Like I said the dudes buddy posted on the Austin regional thread.  His name on here is BillyGoatHill this was his post:

Y'all going to make a lot of players, their parents, and former players (including Zeke and Zonk) mad, should you really be mad at something like the left field airhorn. 

already posted, that is the #occupyleftfield tailgate. The guy that set that up and has run it for over 12 years is a good guy and I know him personally and drunk beer with him during many games. He lives and breathes UT Baseball and at his tailgate, many of the player parents are out there at least pre-game and sometimes the whole game. In 2018, after they won against Tenn Tech, the whole team was out there after the game, including the broadcast crew that I got to have a beers with. Kieschnick and Quan were out there too. Everyone took turns firing Smokey before the Cowboys put it away. 

As far as the horn being blown goes, that has been a staple of that crowd, not only this year, but for as long as that tailgate has gone on. It was originally started to piss of the asshole Patterson when he was AD. He first put banners in front of their tailgate, and then boarded it over with a wall that was taken down by Del Conte after he went out there his first year here and saw what they had going on out there. 

The HORN only gets louder and more frequent this time of year as it is a hell of lot better that what the PA or the crappy DJ music for getting the crowd into the game. 

Come out, have some beers and enjoy the Horns ( both on the field and off) cuz they will both be there. 🤘

No argument about what the "crappy" DJ or PA puts out, but thinking that horn gets the crowd into the game is beyond even aggy self-deception.

Wow

Edited by Cajun
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Like I Said, I don't give a fuck if the dude feeds the homeless, rescues baby elephants and reads to orphan kids on non-baseball weekends, it's fucking annoying and OLF would be savaging any other fan base on twitter for such a stupid fucking gimmick. 

He's also a bit thin-skinned on the social media and doesn't take criticism of Texas, baseball, OLF or anything without a block or full on bitch tantrum.  

The honking needs to not be a Texas thing.  We're better than that. 

This.  If the guy loves baseball half as much as he thinks he does, he knows bullshit like that doesn't belong at serious baseball stadiums.  Have fun, drink beer, be rowdy, make noise (don't be a DDA though), but the fucking horn is annoying in person, and it's downright embarrassing on television.  I get the impression that the guy thinks it's his signature thing in real life and it sorta validates his "Biggest Longhorn Fan" image of himself.  

Having said that, if he brings that thing back next year, I'm gonna snag it out of his hand, shove it up his wife's Vuvuzela and press the button 'til it goes 'click'  

32 minutes ago, Scraps said:

well I'm sure BGH is a good dude and his OLF buddy is a good dude also.  the airhorn is fucking stupid and it needs to stop. he can go blow it at the womens soccer games and get it out of his system.  I'm sure the people over there will appreciate some form of noise.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This.  If the guy loves baseball half as much as he thinks he does, he knows bullshit like that doesn't belong at serious baseball stadiums.  Have fun, drink beer, be rowdy, make noise (don't be a DDA though), but the fucking horn is annoying in person, and it's downright embarrassing on television.  I get the impression that the guy thinks it's his signature thing in real life and it sorta validates his "Biggest Longhorn Fan" image of himself.  

Having said that, if he brings that thing back next year, I'm gonna snag it out of his hand, shove it up his wife's Vuvuzela and press the button 'til it goes 'click'  

Wheeler?

• Haha 1

The occupy peeps are weird as fuck. Pretty sure last year, like March of 2020 when the season got canceled they went out to left field and drank beers to say goodbye to the Disch until next year. That’s some weak ass Cleveland browns bull shit. Those fuckers are a special kind of dorks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I've been to quite a few games and watched quite a few games on television since OLF was started and this is the first series that I've heard this horn. Am I repressing memories or is this BillyGoatHill a liar?

Nah it has been a thing in the past but not nearly as frequent as now. 

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The occupy peeps are weird as fuck. Pretty sure last year, like March of 2020 when the season got canceled they went out to left field and drank beers to say goodbye to the Disch until next year. That’s some weak ass Cleveland browns bull shit. Those fuckers are a special kind of dorks 

You're not wrong.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Trust me, if the guy had a wife he already ate her.

11 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Lotta folks in here needed a beer last night. Heaven forbid we have a home field advantage in any sport. 

5 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

CDC was doing jello shots with them after the game last night so you better get used to it. 

What was the point of these posts? 

We aren't saying they should fuck off and never come back.

But they should not do bushleague shit like the horn honking.  It's a little too "air raid siren" for me. 

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Lotta folks in here needed a beer last night. Heaven forbid we have a home field advantage in any sport. 

If you think that stupid fucking horn gives any kind of home field advantage, it's no wonder you're not happily married.  Have some dignity, damn it!

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

What is your route to work and what car do you drive? I'm gonna drive behind you and honk incessantly. I feel it gives me the home road advantage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

the air horn is fucking stupid. our home field advantage doesn't need a stupid fucking airhorn.

Its fucking aggy and dipshitty.  airhorn guy is aggy

Edited by dcar00

36 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

The dumb horn is NOT home field advantage, despite what you are apparently telling yourself.

31 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

CDC was doing jello shots with them after the game last night so you better get used to it. 

If the asshat with the horn interprets CDC's jello shot as some sort of validation of his asshattery, he is a bigger moron than I thought.  And that is saying something.

• Hook 'Em 1

My thoughts from two tailgates at OLF

The tailgate is fun and nobody gives a shit who you know or what you bring food/beer wise, everyone’s welcome. Antico’s older sister is smoke. Aaron Williams thought he got some chick to send nudes on Tinder but it was a catfish, 100% sure. Sark and his wife got a great intro when they were pulling up and came back later to intro. Once the game starts, you just need to take 2 roadies and watch from the top level in the parking garage, rinse and repeat for duration of game.

This is the definitive guide.

9 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

My thoughts from two tailgates at OLF

The tailgate is fun and nobody gives a shit who you know or what you bring food/beer wise, everyone’s welcome. Antico’s older sister is smoke. Aaron Williams thought he got some chick to send nudes on Tinder but it was a catfish, 100% sure. Sark and his wife got a great intro when they were pulling up and came back later to intro. Once the game starts, you just need to take 2 roadies and watch from the top level in the parking garage, rinse and repeat for duration of game.

This is the definitive guide.

Wtf does this have to do with the thread?

• Hook 'Em 1

Apparently hating the honking = condemning the entire existence of the OLF tailgate.

Are some of these people just OLF's socks coming here to make sure we know how great and awesome OLF is and that they are 100% Texas fans and how dare you criticize them? 

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

There’s home field advantage then there’s being chickenshit. Air horn is chickenshit. We’re better than that but unfortunately we got some fucking dorks as fans that don’t know shit about how it works at the Disch. The crowd and the ghosts of the stadium is enough to fuck up the other team. Get that nfl air horn bull shit outta here