Headed to Omaha

Tailgate

Longhorn Foundation.  The Omaha chapter will probably do something as well, but there's are usually cash bars (with proceeds going to scholarship funds, which is why I drink so many beers at them).  I'm guessing this one is hosted bar/food.  Happy to transfer my invite to you if you want to take your daughter.  I cannot speak to the venue, arrangement, or any of that---I've never been to a LHF event in Omaha.  In fact, I don't even know if they've ever done anything like this before (certainly not in the four times I've been to the CWS).  

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Thanks, but my mom is going with us and I'm not sure how much pregame activities she'll be up for.

If you are staying right across the street from the park, you can go to OMF and come back and pick your mom up before the game without needing a vehicle. The hotels across the street, OMF, and the stadium are all really close together. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Boobs said:

I am arriving tonight at 10. Will probably head to Slowdown after checking into hotel.

Unless anybody has any better Friday night options.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Oh Shit.  Hold on to your clits.

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2021 at 1:58 AM, ztejas said:

I'm to the point in my decision matrix where I just looked up the drive. It's not as long of a drive as I thought. 

Big Brother Danny GIF by Big Brother Australia

Probably not this year though. 

Sweet so you’ll drive next year while @Blanton and I slam beers on the way up? Sounds good to me 

10 hours ago, Uncle Boobs said:

I am arriving tonight at 10. Will probably head to Slowdown after checking into hotel.

Unless anybody has a good Friday night recommendation.

I don’t know what kind of recs you’re looking for. I’ve never been there, but there is a Spearmint Rhino about halfway between the airport and the stadium(so, very close to both). I’m guessing it will be busy the next week or so. 

What are you dragging me into this shit for?  I ain't even going.  I've done my 4 trips to Texas at the CWS.  Maybe someday, I can take my girls...but y'all have fun.  It's a freakin' blast.  Just help bring us home some hardware.  

What are you dragging me into this shit for?  I ain't even going.  I've done my 4 trips to Texas at the CWS.  Maybe someday, I can take my girls...but y'all have fun.  It's a freakin' blast.  Just help bring us home some hardware.  
That's exactly the intensity and weirdness I was expecting just the wrong zip code on the receiving end.

Any other weirdos avail?
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ll send you my invite code for the old mattress factory party.  Sounds like it’s hosted bar and right by stadium with a/c.  Gonna be a hot one Sunday. 

16 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

That's exactly the intensity and weirdness I was expecting just the wrong zip code on the receiving end.

Any other weirdos avail?

I’ll be at the crescent moon for the early games Saturday and Sunday and then likely Mattress Factory right before the Texas game.

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

I’ll send you my invite code for the old mattress factory party.  Sounds like it’s hosted bar and right by stadium with a/c.  Gonna be a hot one Sunday. 

Can you send the invite code to multiple people?  I’m in the Foundation but haven’t seen anything. 

Can you PM me your email address.  I have an old work one for you.  I'll email you the details.  You both have a great time, can't believe he's a sophomore already...last time I saw him he was like 2. 

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Can you PM me your email address.  I have an old work one for you.  I'll email you the details.  You both have a great time, can't believe he's a sophomore already...last time I saw him he was like 2. 

Thanks. Sent. 

13 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:
Flight out of IAH at 4:50.  Land at 7.

United? If so same same. Lady and I just got two drinks to go for $60 at AUS

Yep that’s the one. Got here way too ass early so I’m at the tex mex bar around the corner 

Only downside to the Delta club is if you're flying United, that's a decent sized trek to the gate unless you can sneak out a roadie for the long haul to the mid 20's.  In my old age, I've also come to realize that about 20% of the people taking last sips of their "bottled water" while waiting in line for TSA pre-check.  Yeah, they're sipping free vodka from home before tossing into the trash bine with all the other sipable bomb juice.  Saves money and you get a head start on airport bar/lounge drinks.  /hannibal  

Very happy?  To be staying next to you?  I doubt it.  I've seen your table manners dude.  

In addition to that other thing, I'm gonna need you to go over to the Harrah's in Council Bluff's tonight and play some blackjack under my name so I can keep my reward status current.  Whatever you do, always hit double 8's.  Otherwise they'll know you're not me.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Very happy?  To be staying next to you?  I doubt it.  I've seen your table manners dude.  

In addition to that other thing, I'm gonna need you to go over to the Harrah's in Council Bluff's tonight and play some blackjack under my name so I can keep my reward status current.  Whatever you do, always hit double 8's.  Otherwise they'll know you're not me.  

I will slit my throat before I hit 8s instead of splitting them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Council Bluff's????

Jfc.

• Hook 'Em 2

Dude, you nitpick weirder shit of anyone, even me...and that's saying something.  It's Iowa...there's no fucking rules up there, even for sky commas.  It's 7:30p, I've been doing yard work and watching football and baseball all day...Imma about 9 drinks in already, ain't nobody got time for sky comma lectures.