Headed to Omaha

Tailgate

Now you sound like one of the wives in another thread.  You should lead with the important information.
Ha ha I just gotta laugh

My lady got up before me and changed my flights, room, and meetings for today so I could stay an extra day and watch the horns win. Maybe $400 extra and worth it. I'll keep her outta of the stupid wives thread a bit longer.
Hook em fellas

So far the only really obnoxious fans I’ve met are the MSU fans.  Even the pig fans I’ve met have been cool.  The way that the MSU fans have been, and that ugly maroon color, I feel like I’m dealing with aggy.
And this

But I grew up around aggy, no way MSU is worse
And can you imagine aggy with that level of success? Think about it -gross

56 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m glad we won today.  I’m now 1-3 all time watching the Horns in Omaha.  A loss today and I would have had to ban myself

Pierce got his first win here as well. Big for him. Nobody wants to be the 0-2 coach.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

need a pro tip, how long are you guys booking your hotel out to?   Not sure on policies regarding checking out early/extending stay.....I think there's typically a fee with checking out a day early but I assume you're furked if you try to extend your stay and they're booked...

59 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Greeted the Horns at the bus. Eating at Lo Sole Mio in Augie's honor. Then back for the end of the UVA-SECSECSEC game. 

I have to go back to Austin tomorrow but I had a hell of a time.

My daughter and I just got to Lo Sole Mio for some dinner.  My mom pooped out out after being in the sun all afternoon

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

If y'all are looking for something to do tomorrow during the day besides gambling or the zoo, or betting on various animals at the zoo...hit up the Joslyn Museum of Art.  Absolutely one of the finest art museums in this part of the country, even the whole nation...both in terms of architectural aesthetic and collection (no idea what's on exhibition there right now though).  And the Joslyn Castle is another adventure in and of itself.  It's a little Midwest Brick 'n Mortar meets Gaudi with just a hint of peyote.  

The Durham museum is also very interesting.  It’s in the old Union Station which is one of the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the country.  They also have a traveling exhibit from James Cameron with crap from the movie Titanic and from his under water explorations

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

16 hours ago, ballrific said:

need a pro tip, how long are you guys booking your hotel out to?   Not sure on policies regarding checking out early/extending stay.....I think there's typically a fee with checking out a day early but I assume you're furked if you try to extend your stay and they're booked...

Book the nights you are sure to be there (I.e sun - tues) and then extend. The busiest days are when 8 teams are there on a weekend. Gets easier for rooms as week goes on.

If y'all are looking for something to do tomorrow during the day besides gambling or the zoo, or betting on various animals at the zoo...hit up the Joslyn Museum of Art.  Absolutely one of the finest art museums in this part of the country, even the whole nation...both in terms of architectural aesthetic and collection (no idea what's on exhibition there right now though).  And the Joslyn Castle is another adventure in and of itself.  It's a little Midwest Brick 'n Mortar meets Gaudi with just a hint of peyote.  

The Joslyn Museum is a great Museum. Currently running an excellent American Art Deco Exhibit.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Headed home today.  It’s been fun.  After we beat MSU twice I might have to consider coming back to watch us take on the Wolfpack.

I enjoy Omaha normally, but I’ve never been during the CWS. I am jealous of y’all you were/are there. Have to bump it to the top of my bucket list. I know it’s like a bowl game experience on steroids. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Headed home today.  It’s been fun.  After we beat MSU twice I might have to consider coming back to watch us take on the Wolfpack.

Yeah I had to come home also. Sucks. I hope all you guys still there are having an awesome time. 

whats the takeaway on where to stay, and how's the tailgate scene?  Can you get an RV in there?  I haven't been since rosenblatt.  Promised my 11 year old we would go last night.

Edited by troph

• 11 months later...
I enjoy Omaha normally, but I’ve never been during the CWS. I am jealous of y’all you were/are there. Have to bump it to the top of my bucket list. I know it’s like a bowl game experience on steroids. 

You simply must find a way to go if you are a college baseball fan. The atmosphere all week is really hard to describe. I was fortunate to be “In the house“ for 4th and 5 and that will probably always be my #1 Texas athletics highlight for me, but the week of the CWS in Omaha is an absolutely amazing experience. If we win it all when I’m there, it might even give VY a run for his money. Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, txduck87 said:

You simply must find a way to go if you are a college baseball fan. The atmosphere all week is really hard to describe. I was fortunate to be “In the house“ for 4th and 5 and that will probably always be my #1 Texas athletics highlight for me, but the week of the CWS in Omaha is an absolutely amazing experience. If we win it all when I’m there, it might even give VY a run for his money. Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will eventually get there. I have a house a little over an hour away, but I have to be somewhere else next weekend and the weekend after. Still jealous. 

Question from an Omaha noob that is going to the first two games: Where should I buy tickets? does it matter? Are there team sections or is it randomly mixed? I assume we'll have a big advantage vs. ND but I know there will be plenty of Sooners and Ags.

1 hour ago, whereiend said:

Question from an Omaha noob that is going to the first two games: Where should I buy tickets? does it matter? Are there team sections or is it randomly mixed? I assume we'll have a big advantage vs. ND but I know there will be plenty of Sooners and Ags.

Notre Dame fans will show up anywhere and it really isn’t all that far from Omaha. 

1 hour ago, whereiend said:

I've never had a problem scoring tickets outside the ballpark -- but fortunately, I've never run into one of those scammers.  Good luck and Hook 'em!