Headed to Omaha

Tailgate

On 6/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, Tailgate said:

Said f this and loaded up the truck. Two hours out from Omaha now. 

Clear head…smooth drive…nice Texas DPS trooper warning for going a little speedy when he found out we were headed direct to Omaha.

Let’s do this boys!

\m/

That's the spirit.  Friday at about 4 pm I was at my desk looking at flights and tickets.  I pulled the trigger on the tickets and drove to Austin to pick up my nephews.  This morning we made the drive and got in a few hours ago.  "Shortest 12 hours ever", per the boys.  About to go eat some steak.  

I took this shot at mile marker 37, when we crossed into Nebraska, on state hwy 75.  Hook'Em!

20210619_191725.thumb.gif.09bc8beb95c2dcadfa86f38a655b068c.gif

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I really can’t believe we bitch about airhorn guy when Vandy has an armada of zebra finches to torture the rest of CBB. If that were an actual person is totally wish some one murdered him at the stadium but thank god it’s just a weird animal sound that happens every time they play

Fuck this is such a cool town. We had an Airbnb in the Blackstone area that got all fucked up, walked towards some live music to regroup and ended up in a Polish festival. Met a ton of locals, many free drinks, got invited to crash in someone's driveway in thier motor home and made fishing plans in port A with someone else.

Relocated downtown for the duration

Uber fees so far are like 30 bucks with tip. Everything is so close

• Hook 'Em 5

Glorius day. Tough loss. Frustrating and kinda unsuprising. We go against Elite pitching and we strike out everyone except maybe 7 at bats? Is that bad? Buzz sawed

Mississippi state fans are kinda trashy. We won the lowest BMI award by a lot. But the biggest loser of the day was the Pig fan that got up in my face post game with a irrate horns down and sec sec chant. I was posted up waiting on my lady minding my own business. Took a bit more resilience than I would normally require not to fuck his face up. He was hogging a good dozen teeth all to himself too. Fuck piggie, they belong in the SEC forever riding others achievements.

Fellas looked ready to go, and never quit and like the rest of the season ready to also go get smoked by high fast balls over and over. [

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Glorius day. Tough loss. Frustrating and kinda unsuprising. We go against Elite pitching and we strike out everyone except maybe 7 at bats? Is that bad? Buzz sawed

Mississippi state fans are kinda trashy. We won the lowest BMI award by a lot. But the biggest loser of the day was the Pig fan that got up in my face post game with a irrate horns down and sec sec chant. I was posted up waiting on my lady minding my own business. Took a bit more resilience than I would normally require not to fuck his face up. He was hogging a good dozen teeth all to himself too. Fuck piggie, they belong in the SEC forever riding others achievements.

Fellas looked ready to go, and never quit and like the rest of the season ready to also go get smoked by high fast balls over and over. [

That sucks, because literally every person I have met here, fan or local, has been amazing. No shit talking at all. 

• Like 1

That sucks, because literally every person I have met here, fan or local, has been amazing. No shit talking at all. 
Oh the locals are amazing. Everywhere you go its free drinks and new best friends. It's awesome outside a few SEC SEC types and MSU was fine as fans as well.
  • Like 1

Make sure and eat a Reuben!

Reuben was awesome. Will likely have another before I leave since it’s right across the street from the hotel. Thank you again for that rec.

Found Early Bird for breakfast. It’s only a couple blocks away from us. Hit it a second time today. Damn good. Pro tip from hotel was joining the waitlist via Yelp. They made some cool CWS shirts…great vibe and staff. Highly recommend it if you have time for breakfast/brunch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Reuben was awesome. Will likely have another before I leave since it’s right across the street from the hotel. Thank you again for that rec.

I have been traveling to Omaha pretty frequently for about 15 years. Just had the Blackstone Reuben for the first time in December. Can't believe I missed it for so long, but I usually go for steak or somewhere for breakfast.

• Hook 'Em 1

Now you sound like one of the wives in another thread.  You should lead with the important information.
So the wives post hurriedly during innings of CWS games from Omaha, whilst drinking all day? I may have to finally check out that thread, otherwise I have enough head shaking female bs as it is.