Rank the top 5 NBA players

shadow_operative

No issues with the ten, but the order is a little off. Lebron ain't no gotdayum top 3 player right now. We know Shaq is a casual, but watching any of last season showed you how much he has lost in terms of explosiveness and desire.

10. James

9. Embiid

8. AD

7. Harden

6. Fuck Kawhi Leonard

5. Curry

4. Doncic

3. Jokic

2. Giannis

1. KD

5 minutes ago, Llogg said:

No issues with the ten, but the order is a little off. Lebron ain't no gotdayum top 3 player right now. We know Shaq is a casual, but watching any of last season showed you how much he has lost in terms of explosiveness and desire.

10. James

9. Embiid

8. AD

7. Harden

6. Fuck Kawhi Leonard

5. Curry

4. Doncic

3. Jokic

2. Giannis

1. KD

I mean he was still a top 3 MVP candidate until the injury. He may not be top 3 but he’s certainly not 10th

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean he was still a top 3 MVP candidate until the injury. He may not be top 3 but he’s certainly not 10th

So you're starting a team from scratch and you get to pick from this group of ten, knowing the others are not going to be available for your second spot, which of these guys do you not take before him right now? 

My 6 - 10 are almost interchangeable for me b/c much of their value depends on their ability to stay healthy and contribute. That said, assuming they are all healthy, this is the order I'd have them. I'll concede to maybe being too high on Doncic. Maybe.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Lebron is my fourth choice. I’ll take KD, Giannis and Steph.

In 2021? That's nuts to me but okay. I feel like a top 5 player should be able to take over a game at any moment and change the trajectory of the game. I saw too many games last year where Lebron tried to do so and came up short. I absolutely take Jokic over him and would be very hard pressed to accept taking him over Doncic after last season.

Jokic is the easiest to build around. he takes care of both the center position as well as the PG position. he also somehow is better in the playoffs than he is in the regular season, and most importantly, he can really shoot the ball. i don't think most hardcore fans (let alone casuals) realize that he's nearly a 50/40/90 player. he's 1% off on 3P, and 3% off on FT. if i'm building a team today and picking from these guys i go:

Jokic, KD, Giannis, Curry, then LeBron. KD is the best player, but Jokic is the most complete player and the easiest to build around. with all due respect to Jamal Murray and MPJ, if Jokic actually had some other top 20-25-ish players on his team the Nuggets would be the team to beat.