SRX Saturday Night Racing on CBS

RPM

Superstar Racing Experience. Anyone watching this? I just found out about it last week and recorded the dirt race at Knoxville. It's a lot like IROC (identical cars) but all short track and they change the racing surface each week. Drivers are all famous racers from varied series. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Only a 6 race season. 2 down, 4 to go.

https://www.cbssports.com/motor-sports/news/superstar-racing-experience-cbs-sports-announces-broadcasting-teams-for-inaugural-srx-season/

Wow, just a great race. The ratings have been great so far. Pretty sure we'll see it next year. Huge tip of the hat to Allen Bestwick. He is by far my favorite racing announcer. Been a fan since he hosted Inside Winston Cup on Speedvision. That show was wheels off fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Wow, just a great race. The ratings have been great so far. Pretty sure we'll see it next year. Huge tip of the hat to Allen Bestwick. He is by far my favorite racing announcer. Been a fan since he hosted Inside Winston Cup on Speedvision. That show was wheels off fun.

This. Also so glad Danica wasn't in the booth last night. (Have missed the last 2 races, so this may have happened earlier). 

She is worthless and doesn't even know the terminology. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Also so glad Danica wasn't in the booth last night. (Have missed the last 2 races, so this may have happened earlier). 

They are rotating color commentators. I think each gets 2 races. It's another thing I like about SRX.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Anyone else wonder whether Bill's car might have been juiced up a little? He ran much better than in any of the previous five events. 

His car has been shit all season so they gave him pick of the litter (so to speak), then Smoke swapped starting positions to put him in P2. I don't have a problem with any of it. We saw some epic short track racing and I was highly entertained.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Felt bad that Willy T. crashed out. He seemed pretty discouraged during his final interview.

Well, to be completely fair, he took himself out because he can't drive.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Loved this. Missed the iroc series. Close racing, door to door. Bumpers being used.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, these cars were pretty eggshell as far as rubbing was concerned. I was expecting a bit sturdier front bumper, but guess that keeps 'em from killing Paul Tracy or vice-versa.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love everything about this series except for Willy T Ribbs. He is a beating. The man was not meant to be a TV guy. Was cool Al Unser, Jr texted he wanted to join next year. Would be a nice connection from IROC days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RPM said:

I love everything about this series except for Willy T Ribbs. He is a beating. The man was not meant to be a TV guy. Was cool Al Unser, Jr texted he wanted to join next year. Would be a nice connection from IROC days.

You ever get out to the local small ovals, esp dirt? Interesting crowd, for sure, but some of the best racing you'll ever see, esp the sprint cars & mods on dirt. Too bad H & Mary Ann lost the asphalt oval Thunder Hill in Kyle, but we still have great dirt tracks reasonably close in Paige (Cotton Bowl, owned by H & Mary Ann) and Heart of Texas near Waco.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 12:42 PM, Jshep34 said:

Like this year driver line up alot more than last year. Id almost like to see them throw in a sprint car 405 event or stock race.

I'd love to see that, too, but I fear someone would get killt. It would certainly be revealing though. If you can be quick in a sprint car, you can probably drive got-damn near anything out there.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, wood said:

You ever get out to the local small ovals, esp dirt? Interesting crowd, for sure, but some of the best racing you'll ever see, esp the sprint cars & mods on dirt.

There's 2 near me, Boyd Raceway and Little TMS. Dirt tracks are fun. The cheaper the cars, the better the racing.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1