Big Brother 23

4th&Five

show has been a shmashortion for 4 or 5 years now, going the route of casting a bunch of incredibly boring, non-strategic, non-competitive attractive people which invariably ends with a long, boring season where the physically strongest men simply dominate from start to finish. i have no faith that they will actually fix this and cast some real players, but i'm still in. it's been too long. 

Well they hit all the marks again:

Alyssa - slut
Azah - loud black chick who is gonna go off on someone
Brent- meathead
Britini - probably smartest chick there but probably sucks at everything
Christie- white annoying chick
Derek F - waste of space black guy
Derek x - resident gay
Frenchie - trailer trash white guy
Christian - waiting til marriage
Hannah - probably gonna be hated by all other black chicks
Kyland - possible undercover gay black
Sarah- nerd virgin
Tiffany - ghetto who will kill someone
Travis - dude lets go surfing
Whitney - smokeshow
Xavier- shit talking black guy who thinks he is the baddest dude on the planet and then completely sucks dick on first comp

Heh. Back to teams again, because it worked so well the last time they tried.

And scraps can’t wait for the Sarah Beth/Claire hook up in the hoh room.

First impression- gay Derek has no chance. Hope he doesn’t turn into the annoying gay.

When the dude bros form their alliance after teams disband, it’ll likely end up as the same old BB. Brent/Travis and Christian will hook up with Alyssa and Whitney with a pawns like Derek X and Claire for votes.

Rejects like Frenchie, gay Derek, Sarah Beth and Tiffany will form the oddity alliance, likely all gone by august. Maybe the 2 black dudes and a black woman will start their own thing and be picked off after the oddities

Spoiler

so Frenchie is a country bumpkin feminist with a black, gay best friend. when keeping it woke goes too far.

This thread is going to get cloaked quick. Did you notice during the contestant intros last night that every POC besides tiffany(40 yo mom)had to mention race, ancestry? Or a LGTBQ had to spill their sexual preference-Claire, SB, DerekF? I guess whatever gets you more social media followers
  • Hook 'Em 1

the diversity stuff was so on the nose last night, it was off putting. i mean literally, "im derek, and im fat, black, and gay!" classic CBS. same network whose no.1 show for the last 3-4 years revolves around the absolutely ZANY antics that occur when black people and white people live in the same neighborhood.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

the diversity stuff was so on the nose last night, it was off putting. i mean literally, "im derek, and im fat, black, and gay!" classic CBS. same network whose no.1 show for the last 3-4 years revolves around the absolutely ZANY antics that occur when black people and white people live in the same neighborhood.

“I’m everything a BB winner needs to be”.

He probably needs to lose some weight or the bros are going to smoke him in pretty much anything that isn’t a mindless HOH comp

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

we've watched the last few years with our kids  my 12 year old son last night even realized 'they're checking all the boxes'. lol

• Like 1

So does the UT guy post here?
Bruh he is too busy surfing

I think i did pretty well on the headshot first impressions, but time will tell on some of them lol.

Claire slid in easily as annoying white chick.

Frenchie is an idiot...."im missing my family" bro you have been in sequester for what maybe 2 weeks? You got a long ass way to go dude. Jesus

Wtf is this dumbass shit:

Ready to rumble? Some of your favorite former Big Brother cast members are reuniting for a special Celebrity Net Fights Reality TV Boxing Showdown event.

Broadcasting live on August 6, the fight will bring together Big Brother alums from both Canada and the United States as they “step into the squared circle to box for national pride and bragging rights in the most unique combat sports event of the year.”

While some houseguests have yet to be announced, the night’s lineup will include Big Brother Canada’s Veronica Doherty, Jon Pardy, Adam Pike, Micheal Stubley, Hamza Hatoum, Madeline Di Nunzio, Dallas Cormier, Godfrey Mangwiza and Tom Plant, who will compete against the USA’s Kaycee Clark, Faysal Shafaat, Josh Martinez, Caleb Reynolds, Jozea Flores, Angie Lantry, Nicholas Maccarone, Enzo Palumbo and Jeremy McGuire respectively.

Canada’s Adel Elseri and Ryan Ballantine will also appear alongside the USA’s Nick Uhas to offer commentary, while Peter Brown (Big Brother Canada), Natalie Negrotti and James Rhine (Big Brother USA) will take on the role of announcers.

Big Brother Canada Season 9’s Julie Vu and Victoria Woghiren will also join Big Brother USA season 21’s Jessica Milagros as ring girls.

While the event — which will take place at Arlington, Texas’ College Park Center — will be available for anyone to watch on Pay-Per-View from The Fight Network, Fite.TV and DirecTV, fans are also able to purchase tickets at the College Park Center box office.

According to a press release, “All nine amateur celebrity bouts are three rounds at two minutes each with a one-minute rest in between.” The event is sanctioned by USA Boxing in accordance with state regulatory standards.
Earlier this week, Big Brother USA host Julie Chen-Moonves spoke to Us Weekly exclusively about the show’s 23rd season, which premiered on Wednesday, July 7. The former Talk cohost, 51, shared some house strategy tips that could also come in handy for houseguests competing in the ring.

“You can’t choke,” she said. “You have to own your mistakes. You have to explain yourself. You have to be quick on your feet. You have to show remorse. You have to show

You can watch Celebrity Net Fights’ Reality TV Boxing Showdown on The Fight Network, Fite.TV or DirecTV on August 6 at 8 p.m. ET. You can also check out Celebritynetfights Instagram Live on August 5 to watch the former houseguests’ weigh-ins.

Frenchie blew his entire game in one week.  Week one is no pressure.  Just nominate 2 weak players, say it’s not personal, that you didn’t get a chance to talk to them, use your HoH to build bridges.

Instead he cracked.  He broke promises, open targeted the bros in the game who will 100% be coming after him next week.  He also creeped everyone out in the house by trying to sneak into rooms and listen in on conversations.

• Like 2

I'm sure there is more context, but it was an odd scene of Frenchie asking a large group who approached them for an alliance. There is nothing worse (better?) than a clueless HoH acting like the king or queen of the house. 

7 hours ago, victory88 said:

Frenchie blew his entire game in one week.  Week one is no pressure.  Just nominate 2 weak players, say it’s not personal, that you didn’t get a chance to talk to them, use your HoH to build bridges.

Spot on. Especially for someone that is older than everyone and from a different lifestyle. You need to quickly get people to like and trust you. He's doing the opposite.

As a viewer, I'm cool if someone goes out in a blaze of glory in the second week.

You watch the show long enough you know when CBS and the interviews are trying to pull some bullshit on you so I knew right when Frenchie was " I AM DOING SOMETHING BOSS WITH MY HOH....NO EASY PEOPLE HERE....I AM GETTING OUT A MEATHEAD"  that he indeed would not be getting out a meathead.  

I love that he should pretty much now have an enemy with a  whole gender of the house by narrowing it down to a meathead before anything even played out

Several Week One HOHs have had their game blown up due to game switches they didn’t anticipate, forcing them to put up multiple people, splashing more “blood on their hands” thru no fault of their own. Remember Cody the Marine a few years back? The Wildcard altered Frenchie’s strategy, as he definitely wanted “meathead” Christian out. If anyone is interested in what’s happened since nominations, the news is under the spoiler tag.  Respectfully asking to please keep all subsequent discussion regarding the moves under spoilers.

Spoiler

Derek X won Veto, and it was used to pull Kyland from the block. Frenchie put “meathead” Travis on the block, and he is campaigning to save Alyssa. So, his “meathead” strategy appears to be working. Sucks for the UT kid, who seems bright and likable enough. From a game play standpoint, getting out an athletic, smart player who would potentially be someone who could engage in a showmance is probably a good move. It remains to be seen if Frenchie has self-inflicted long term harm from his actions. 

Edited by Vito Andolini