The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Obviously always wanna make it to the memorial of a family member or close friend.  But we're all old enough where there's a memorial for somebody or some event and you want your family or organization or company to pay their respects.  So you pick somebody who is empathetic and will say something kind and represent your group well as you pay your respects by proxy through this person.  Usually somebody sweet with a kind way about them.  Right?  We've all been that person or asked that person to go in our stead.  

The 2022 Republican Party was represented by Dick Cheney as their ambassador of warmth and solace to those that lost their lives during/after the Capitol attack.  

Think about how fucked up that is. 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Since posting that, I looked at his wiki, and he's a bigger shitheel than I remembered.  Still, other than being in the Tea Party Caucus, not a lot to indicate vocal MAGA.  Except a guy having trouble staying in office on the worn-out pre-Trump GOP "platform."

He is/was my rep prior to the redistricting, and yeah, he's lousy. He posted a video promoting privatizing the USPS which caused me to telephone his office and leave a terse message not that it did any good. I was really rooting for his opponent, Rick Kennedy, but the district spanned from Pflugerville to College Station and thus was an uphill battle.

Also, I believe you are correct @ChuckNorrisActionJeans that he did figure in that somehow.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Having heard Hannity's thesis statement, I am going to skip the detailed hashing-out. Should I switch the station to:

1. Pauuuuuuuuuuulllll

2. npr sleepy time

3. TOP 40 FROM THE 70S

4. rap, motherfucka, say rap motherfucka

5. ¡Estamos aquí con LA JEFA!

6. Millennial music where all the choruses are just people going "whoa-oh whoa-ohh-oh."

I'll let the Surl select.

you are full of shit.  We know where you live.  There are 7 other options, every one of them "Bro country, with 50% of the songs being Luke Bryan tunes."

And you should tune into one of those, because we live in hell, might as well embrace it.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

you are full of shit.  We know where you live.  There are 7 other options, every one of them "Bro country, with 50% of the songs being Luke Bryan tunes."

And you should tune into one of those, because we live in hell, might as well embrace it.

If you truly know where I live, then you know that the Bham metro is like a dense collection of warring Greek city-states, if Greek city-states were 2 orders of magnitude different from each other.

When we slam the gates closed on my micro-empire, very little Bro Country wafts over. That is prevalent with the Skythian nomads and Thracian hill-folk farther out.

But the main reason I didn't list Bro Country is because they don't auto-tune it enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Since posting that, I looked at his wiki, and he's a bigger shitheel than I remembered.  Still, other than being in the Tea Party Caucus, not a lot to indicate vocal MAGA.  Except a guy having trouble staying in office on the worn-out pre-Trump GOP "platform."

CSB I used to work with his brother.  He was...interesting.

happy 6th bitches. 

not sure what to make of this. or i guess even if its real!? listening to it here and there and dude is a bit of a victim girlie mon. but past that nothing earth shattering

(channel 5 is a great YT sub if you are into gonzo journalism)

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Look at his Facebook shitposting

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

The 2022 Republican Party was represented by Dick Cheney as their ambassador of warmth and solace to those that lost their lives during/after the Capitol attack.  

Think about how fucked up that is. 

i don't think cheney was in on the Big Job, but he was the #1 asshole in the fallout and cover-up

for him to be the guy that shows up to support his daughter, and the only R that shows up, is beyond surreal

i believe in eternal opportunity for repentance, and the Christian value of forgiveness

he earned it today

can't believe i said that

but he did

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

i have no idea what luke bryan looks like or what his songs sound like so i have that going for me, which is nice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i don't think cheney was in on the Big Job, but he was the #1 asshole in the fallout and cover-up

for him to be the guy that shows up to support his daughter, and the only R that shows up, is beyond surreal

i believe in eternal opportunity for repentance, and the Christian value of forgiveness

he earned it today

but he did

What do you mean by “Big Job?”

Liz Cheney has voted (apparently reflexively) against every iteration of voting rights legislation, so let not get crazy here, but I will say she has shown Democrats how to be boldly courageous and plain spoken. That said, Dick “I pick me” Cheney is still an insufferable, hateful old coot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, TexasEd said:

It was 100 from the combined House and Senate.  IIRC they needed a simple majority in both houses to reject the electors and send them back to the states.  Navarro completely ignores this in his plan.

You Don't Have The Votes GIFs | Tenor

i believe the “plan” was to have those contested states not have their votes tabulated, which would’ve left both candidates short of 270. in theory, this would’ve triggered a series of events ending with the house deciding, and eventually each state getting one vote.  

if you squint hard, it almost makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

jsack is all aggy

Yup, 100%. I enjoyed my time at A&M, but, even at that age, I had enough wherewithal to realize that, if all Aggies were walking in the same direction, I'd better turn the fuck around because, inevitably, they were on the wrong side of history. But not good ol' Johnny. He just keeps right along in lockstep.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not furrowed brow concerned about it, because it's out of my hands, but I'd love to be the fly on Pence's hair when he's meeting with the committee, as well as his aides' meetings. His counsel, Jacob, was supposedly supporting certification, and the Troye interview (quote below) regarding asking about his statement that day seems like Pence was not to be swayed otherwise. So, once everything was underway and he and his family were in danger, I have to wonder--would that cement his resolve to stand up to Satan personified or would he continue to, pardon the expression, circle back to the loyalty that was asked of him?

"I would be interested in asking Mike Pence about this statement before he gets in a motorcade to head to the Capitol; it's a very public statement saying: 'I'm about to head to the Capitol to do my constitutional duty, there's nothing else I can do.' What was the lead-up to putting that statement out, why did they feel the need to put out a statement like that? And what were the events of that day that they witnessed, what was the president doing?"

I mean, it's easy enough to lie by omission, to misdirect, and stick to the straight 'I was doing my duty' and leave it at that. His life and that of his family are safer for that, for sure.

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Damn. RIP Left Eye. One of my first crushes. 

Fuck that broad.  Chilli was the hottest of them all, you know she was filthy in bed. 

Even as a teenager, I knew crazy broads were more fun at first.  But Left Eye was a little too crazy.  I like to get freaky, but I draw the line at arson.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fuck that broad.  Chilli was the hottest of them all, you know she was filthy in bed. 

Even as a teenager, I knew crazy broads were more fun at first.  But Left Eye was a little too crazy.  I like to get freaky, but I draw the line at arson.  

Written like someone who learned nothing from Jim Belushi in "About Last Night."  She may be a pro....but at this point, we don't know.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Written like someone who learned nothing from Jim Belushi in "About Last Night."  She may be a pro....but at this point, we don't know.

Where'd she develop her personality, a fucking car crash?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Where'd she develop her personality, a fucking car crash?  

But the shot is, every thirty seconds or so, -

- she wants me to go "BOOM" at the top of my lungs.

So we're humping and pumping, and every once in a while, I go "boom".

In the middle of everything, she turns on a little tape recorder.

I don't know what the shot is. All of a sudden I hear:

I'm pumping away, the tape recorder is making airplane noises.

Every once in a while, I go "boom", and the broad starts going crazy.

She's moaning and groaning -

- and screaming, "Red Dog One to Red Dog Squadron".

Suddenly, she screams, "Wait!" and pulls out a five-gallon jerry can.

It's full of gasoline. She splashes it over the walls -

- pulls out a zippo and "whoosh", the room goes up in flames.

So the tape recorder is going ... , the room is full of smoke -

- and the broad screams, "Do it now, for the love of Christ!"

So I look at the broad, and I figure, fuck this nonsense.

I struggle into my shorts, make it to the elevator.

The place is filled with smoke.

The elevator arrives, and the hall is filled with firemen.

- Those firemen make out like bandits. - Nobody does it normally anymore.

These young broads don't know what the fuck they want.

• Haha 1

Man, I forgot all about that scene.  I haven't seen that movie probably since I lived in Chicago.  I do remember it was just a paint by numbers rom-com.  But it had some cool inside baseball Chicago references and Jim Belushi was fucking hilarious in it.  Probably his funniest role ever.  He was just never good in anything else I ever saw him in again, poor guy had impossible shoes to fill.  Ironically, he'd probably be considered funnier if his last name wasn't Belushi.  I gotta pull that scene up on youtube or somethin.g

and where was Kinzinger's chickenshit ass yesterday? tweeting that he was on baby duty and couldn't be there? you fucking serious, Clark? you couldn't get away for a few minutes and pretend to want to save democracy?

I agree with whomever said it above. they know something. more than 0 R's besides Cheney would have been there yesterday based off the comments the few days after J6 from the likes of McConnell and Graham (yes I know they're senators). this is a circling of wagons the like of which we probably haven't see since the start of the civil war. the rat king is forming

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

he earned it today

but he did

Fuck him. He certainly doesn’t “show up” for his other daughter. Just taking his chance to be on the main stage one last time.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and where was Kinzinger's chickenshit ass yesterday? tweeting that he was on baby duty and couldn't be there? you fucking serious, Clark? you couldn't get away for a few minutes and pretend to want to save democracy?

I agree with whomever said it above. they know something. more than 0 R's besides Cheney would have been there yesterday based off the comments the few days after J6 from the likes of McConnell and Graham (yes I know they're senators). this is a circling of wagons the like of which we probably haven't see since the start of the civil war. the rat king is forming

I believe he said on baby watch which implies his wife is about to have one.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But the shot is, every thirty seconds or so, -

- she wants me to go "BOOM" at the top of my lungs.

So we're humping and pumping, and every once in a while, I go "boom".

In the middle of everything, she turns on a little tape recorder.

I don't know what the shot is. All of a sudden I hear:

I'm pumping away, the tape recorder is making airplane noises.

Every once in a while, I go "boom", and the broad starts going crazy.

She's moaning and groaning -

- and screaming, "Red Dog One to Red Dog Squadron".

Suddenly, she screams, "Wait!" and pulls out a five-gallon jerry can.

It's full of gasoline. She splashes it over the walls -

- pulls out a zippo and "whoosh", the room goes up in flames.

So the tape recorder is going ... , the room is full of smoke -

- and the broad screams, "Do it now, for the love of Christ!"

So I look at the broad, and I figure, fuck this nonsense.

I struggle into my shorts, make it to the elevator.

The place is filled with smoke.

The elevator arrives, and the hall is filled with firemen.

- Those firemen make out like bandits. - Nobody does it normally anymore.

These young broads don't know what the fuck they want.

I've often wondered how David Mamet felt about the cinematic adaptation of his play.  

In any event, I give you what I found over lunch:

Had no idea that the writer who adapted Mamet's work for the screen was unfunny man of SNL/Police Academy lore...Tim Kazurinsky.  

to get back to the committee thread-------------when they do restart hearings?