The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

=

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

You've never tasted placenta have you?

Sure I have.  It's that stuff from Southern Spain with the rice, and the saffron, the mussels and shrimp and all that shit?  

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That is all over Gab. The bubble is real man.

I don't know how you do it.  This place, through reproducing twitter and texags and whatnot is the only exposure I really get to that insanity.  Mainlining it would probably make my head explode.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, RomaVicta said:

In a well functioning republic, Jordan wouldn't be able to go outside for fear of a righteously angry mob.

In a well-functioning republic, he would be censured and expelled for not cooperating with a legitimate committee of his own legislative body.  That has to be unprecedented.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Rachel Maddows ties Mark Meadows to forging election documents.

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/01/12/rachel-maddow-ties-mark-meadows-to-forged-election-documents.html

No wonder Meadows doesn't want to talk to the committee. What Maddow describes is a state and federal crime. Maddow may have just put Meadows in jail.

Try to imagine Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon secretly plotting with Obama (Trump) to get Biden (Pence) to steal the election for Hillary. That would be the biggest story in the history of the Republic. FOX does it with Trump and nobody gives a fuck.

I just read the John Adams book by David McCullough.  What struck me over and over again is how really principled the founding fathers were, generally speaking. Sure they had their vanities and foibles and passions and dark sides and petty personal squabbles, but when it came to guiding the nation they all acted in what they sincerely believed to be in its best interests.  We've completely lost that.  To think that we've gone from people like John Adams and James Madison to Donald Trump and Lauren Boobert. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I just read the John Adams book by David McCullough.  What struck me over and over again is how really principled the founding fathers were, generally speaking. Sure they had their vanities and foibles and passions and dark sides and petty personal squabbles, but when it came to guiding the nation they all acted in what they sincerely believed to be in its best interests.  We've completely lost that.  To think that we've gone from people like John Adams and James Madison to Donald Trump and Lauren Boobert. 

Meanwhile, our fucking senator is arguing to the highest court in the land that politicians should be allowed to personally collect interest from their own campaigns and directly recieve political donations to their personal bank accounts.

We have no more principles in politics. All the profit over all capitalists put an end to that. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Rage+1 1

Might be the wrong thread. Don’t care. Will cross post. Glad the word sedition is being said in criminal charges.

Oath Keepers Leader Charged with Conspiracy in Jan 6th Investigation

The F.B.I. arrested Stewart Rhodes, the founder of the far-right militia, in a major step forward in the investigation into the attack on the Capitol by supporters of Donald Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/politics/oath-keepers-leader-arrested-in-jan-6-investigation.amp.html

Oath Keepers leader and 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' related to US Capitol attack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/13/politics/oathkeeper-rhodes-arrested-doj/index.html

Edited to include CNN, as they report the charges while including the word seditious.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Might be the wrong thread. Don’t care. Will cross post. Glad the word sedition is being said in criminaL charges.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/politics/oath-keepers-leader-arrested-in-jan-6-investigation.amp.html

I think one thing that has kept "sedition" out of the charges, heretofore, is that the only sedition criminal statute is Seditious Conspiracy 18 USC 2384.  There is no "sedition" crime in the US that does not require proof of conspiracy.

That one is problematic for a lot of these people because it requires proof of a conspiracy, an agreement to commit sedition and actual steps in furtherance of the crime.  That would be impossible to prove against many/most of these people that reacted to Trump.

I would be curious to find out DOJs internal thinking on the lack of insurrection charges.  At first read, the elements seem satisfied by a lot of this activity.  Rebellion or Insurrection 18 USC 2383.  And there's no obvious difficulty like the need to prove conspiracy.  But, it appears that no one has ever been convicted of, or even charged with, to the point of trial or significant pre-trial proceedings resulting in an opinion, rebellion or insurrection.  And that is a difficulty unto itself.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think one thing that has kept "sedition" out of the charges, heretofore, is that the only sedition criminal statute is Seditious Conspiracy 18 USC 2384.  There is no "sedition" crime in the US that does not require proof of conspiracy.

That one is problematic for a lot of these people because it requires proof of a conspiracy, an agreement to commit sedition and actual steps in furtherance of the crime.  That would be impossible to prove against many/most of these people that reacted to Trump.

I would think online communication in the planning of the rally, as long as occupation of the capitol is discussed, would go a long way towards closing that gap for a lot of people.

January 6th is one of the most horrifying moments, not only because it actually occurred, but because of all the things that the Rs denied were true or real during the dotard years, this is the most egregious.  We watched it happen in real time.  EVERYONE saw it and then to just try and deny it happened the way it happened is unbelievable.  Full on 1984.  Do not believe your eyes and ears.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would think online communication in the planning of the rally, as long as occupation of the capitol is discussed, would go a long way towards closing that gap for a lot of people.

Just talking about it in a general way is not going to do it.  They need a pretty specific agreement to do pretty specific things that constitute sedition.  Ambivalence and ambiguity can be fatal to a conviction, as could be evidence of independent action.

Some of the oath keeper types I'm reasonably sure satisfy this.  Some of the less organized, less committed dimwits, not so much.

And, I don't think the "legal plan" to thwart the electoral count is going to constitute sedition.  The supplementary plan to "invade" the capitol, in support of that plan may be.

• Hook 'Em 2

Wtf is up with Little Elm? I'd never even heard of that town until the incident at the local high school. It seems like now it's all over the place and full of assholes like Cole Beasley.

Stewart Rhodes, 56, was arrested Thursday in Little Elm, Texas, and also faces charges for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol.

@Zepol87, do you have a hand in all this bullshittery? I mean, we need someone to blame. /s

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Wtf is up with Little Elm? I'd never even heard of that town until the incident at the local high school. It seems like now it's all over the place and full of assholes like Cole Beasley.

@Zepol87, do you have a hand in all this bullshittery? I mean, we need someone to blame. /s

The exurbs of DFW contain some of the worst people on earth. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I used to hike up there when I lived in Dallas.  Some nice trails around Lake Lewisville.  That's all I got.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Fucking insane. I live in the neighborhood a few streets over. Helicopters have been flying over the past 2 weeks and I..out of town for work today and they closed off the main entrance to our street and my gf was calling me freaking out. On nextdoor it's nothing but psychos ready to shoot kids for jumping fences and shit so not surprising. Didn't have to deal with shit in Pleasant Grove, time to move back 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

From when I was 5 until I was 13 I lived within eyesight of the entrance to Lake Lewisville State Park. We often went into Little Elm or Frisco for things, or sometimes back to "town" in The Colony or the like. I have distinct memories of hearing the n-word more times in Little Elm and Frisco than I have the total of the rest of my life (rap songs excluded). I'm not the least surprised POS J6 insurrectionists are from that area.

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

All of that area is pretty bad, in multiple ways.

First, most of that area was a rural backwater before Lake Dallas/Lewisville was expanded in the 50s.  I mean, they don't put reservoirs where there's valuable land or people with any kind of stroke at all.

Then it became further populated with the ever-present "lake trash."  

Now, like a lot of outer burbs, it's full of low-cost but new housing.  That provides a nice opportunity for people moving up.  It also creates a lot of semi-wealthy white trash types.  Think affluenza kid.  Think Jenna Ryan.

The outer burbs of Dallas and Fort Worth are a toxic clash of urban and rural life.  What were absolute redneck shitkickers 40-50 years ago now transplanted into an exurban hellscape.

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

All of that area is pretty bad, in multiple ways.

First, most of that area was a rural backwater before Lake Dallas/Lewisville was expanded in the 50s.  I mean, they don't put reservoirs where there's valuable land or people with any kind of stroke at all.

Then it became further populated with the ever-present "lake trash."  

Now, like a lot of outer burbs, it's full of low-cost but new housing.  That provides a nice opportunity for people moving up.  It also creates a lot of semi-wealthy white trash types.  Think affluenza kid.  Think Jenna Ryan.

The outer burbs of Dallas and Fort Worth are a toxic clash of urban and rural life.  What were absolute redneck shitkickers 40-50 years ago now transplanted into an exurban hellscape.

I think what you describe here may very well explain why the realtor demographic was so prevalent in the mob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm not sure if Rhodes was with them, but I know a bunch of Oath Keepers were with Roger Stone the day before the insurrection. That's a connection to Trumpworld.

The whole thing is an obvious mimic of the brooks brothers riot in Florida’s during the recount in 2000 that Stone was a part of. Except instead of guys in suits stopping a recount it was guys armed with tactical gear trying to stop the the presidential transfer of power and the electoral count. These oath keepers dipshits didn’t just come up with it all on their own. Listen closely to the speeches in front of the white house before the insurrection. They knew what was about to happen.

Trump, Bannon, Stone, Flynn, Rudy, Meadows and I’m sure a few others came up with this and they all need to hang, not just go to prison, they need to be swinging on a rope in front of the capitol. Invite tucker and Fox News for front row seats and let them whine and bitch about it and tell them they might be next. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump, Bannon, Stone, Flynn, Rudy, Meadows and I’m sure a few others came up with this and they all need to hang, not just go to prison, they need to be swinging on a rope in front of the capitol. Invite tucker and Fox News for front row seats and let them whine and bitch about it and tell them they might be next. 

If we were serious about having a functioning democracy this is exactly what would happen.  But we aren't.

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think what you describe here may very well explain why the realtor demographic was so prevalent in the mob.

I just got a mailer this morning from a realtor expressing interest in our home on behalf of a buy-side client.  Wouldn't have even given it a second glance before tossing in the recycling bin.  But it said, "Bristol Palin Real Estate."  Because of course it did.  We're not living in a simulation, NAH!  This is all the Lord's plan, right?  Now I don't fault her for anything, not her burden who her parents are.  But I've been so busy vilifying the DFW area realtors that almost topped my government in front of the world, I've been neglecting the land parcels in my own backyard.  We are on such a weird timeline, I had no idea she was slinging single-family outta Pace Bend area.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I just got a mailer this morning from a realtor expressing interest in our home on behalf of a buy-side client.  Wouldn't have even given it a second glance before tossing in the recycling bin.  But it said, "Bristol Palin Real Estate."  Because of course it did.  We're not living in a simulation, NAH!  This is all the Lord's plan, right?  Now I don't fault her for anything, not her burden who her parents are.  But I've been so busy vilifying the DFW area realtors that almost topped my government in front of the world, I've been neglecting the land parcels in my own backyard.  We are on such a weird timeline, I had no idea she was slinging single-family outta Pace Bend area.

God dammit.  Between her and Rogan, why can't we keep these people out of our city?  At least Alex Jones was an OG crazy.

https://www.bristolpalin.com/

• Rage+1 1