The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Brian Bosworth lives here as well. I don't know his political views but I assume they are horrific. 

He was cool the one time I ran into him and had no problem with my kid having a UT cap on.

Yes, he's a Sooner, but.....watch the documentary about him.

Also, if he was Trumpy, I think it'd be easy to find stuff on him.  Instead I find stuff like this:

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/former-nfl-player-brian-bosworth-apologizes-for-being-rude-to-cashier-30-years-ago-says-god-changed-his-attitude.html

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know he's a born-again/Evangelical person nowadays.  I would think of all the folks I know like that in that part of town, I would have seen his name on a fundraiser or two...but I haven't.  I'm guessing Boz is relatively apolitical or keeps it extremely quiet...rumors out that way travel fast.  Used to see him at HEB all the time before Covid-19 and he was always polite.  Chatted with him in line one time about football.  Most of the time, nobody noticed him.  Few times people did, he'd do a quick photo or whatever and be on his way (he looks good for his age but moves pretty rough).  There's more than a few ex-athletes out in that part of town that make their political affiliations loudly known and demand attention.  He ain't one.

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I just got a mailer this morning from a realtor expressing interest in our home on behalf of a buy-side client.  Wouldn't have even given it a second glance before tossing in the recycling bin.  But it said, "Bristol Palin Real Estate."  Because of course it did.  We're not living in a simulation, NAH!  This is all the Lord's plan, right?  Now I don't fault her for anything, not her burden who her parents are.  But I've been so busy vilifying the DFW area realtors that almost topped my government in front of the world, I've been neglecting the land parcels in my own backyard.  We are on such a weird timeline, I had no idea she was slinging single-family outta Pace Bend area.

Would/milf

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

All of that area is pretty bad, in multiple ways.

First, most of that area was a rural backwater before Lake Dallas/Lewisville was expanded in the 50s.  I mean, they don't put reservoirs where there's valuable land or people with any kind of stroke at all.

Then it became further populated with the ever-present "lake trash."  

Now, like a lot of outer burbs, it's full of low-cost but new housing.  That provides a nice opportunity for people moving up.  It also creates a lot of semi-wealthy white trash types.  Think affluenza kid.  Think Jenna Ryan.

The outer burbs of Dallas and Fort Worth are a toxic clash of urban and rural life.  What were absolute redneck shitkickers 40-50 years ago now transplanted into an exurban hellscape.

Breeding ground for Realtors

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He was cool the one time I ran into him and had no problem with my kid having a UT cap on.

Also, if he was Trumpy, I think it'd be easy to find stuff on him.  Instead I find stuff like this:

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/former-nfl-player-brian-bosworth-apologizes-for-being-rude-to-cashier-30-years-ago-says-god-changed-his-attitude.html

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know he's a born-again/Evangelical person nowadays.  I would think of all the folks I know like that in that part of town, I would have seen his name on a fundraiser or two...but I haven't.  I'm guessing Boz is relatively apolitical or keeps it extremely quiet...rumors out that way travel fast.  Used to see him at HEB all the time before Covid-19 and he was always polite.  Chatted with him in line one time about football.  Most of the time, nobody noticed him.  Few times people did, he'd do a quick photo or whatever and be on his way (he looks good for his age but moves pretty rough).  There's more than a few ex-athletes out in that part of town that make their political affiliations loudly known and demand attention.  He ain't one.

One of our own Shaggy/Surly posters played a role making in that Brian and the Boz "30 for 30" episode. Up until that point, I still had a strong hatred for the guy, but the poster who was involved said that Brian Bosworth was a really nice guy nowadays.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, bluto said:

Would/milf

Wow, you're not kidding.  Just googled images of her.  She's smoking hot for a realtor (doesn't have the big hair and pants suit thing down yet though), recently divorced, and can obviously be talked into just about anything.  I may have to reply to her letter.

"Uh, Ms. Palin.  Is it Mrs?  What should I call you?  Oh, Bristol?  Okay great, Bristol.  Well it says here in your letter 'interesting offers considered?'  Does that apply to you also?"

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

One of our own Shaggy/Surly posters played a role making in that Brian and the Boz "30 for 30" episode. Up until that point, I still had a strong hatred for the guy, but the poster who was involved said that Brian Bosworth was a really nice guy nowadays.

I sat with him on an AA Dallas to Austin flight one night. We were in the first row and about 20 people recognized him as they were boarding. He was polite to all of them and even joked around with a couple people that threw the horns at him. Once we were in the air one of the FAs was like "Well I guess you're someone famous?" He just shrugged and said "I used to play football" and left it at that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

looks too much like Boobert to me.

Teen Mom OG Star Bristol Palin STUNS In A Bikini After Finalizing Divorce

I'm failing to see that as a problem, she's FROM a lunatic family but Boebert chooses to be a dangerous, piss-drinking lunatic.  Cute face, little crazy, very gullible, great rack, decent height, athletic ass/legs, and obviously does ass to mouth. 

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Wtf is up with Little Elm? I'd never even heard of that town until the incident at the local high school. It seems like now it's all over the place and full of assholes like Cole Beasley.

Way back when I grew up in Denton, it was a tiny little trailer-filled podunk town that existed only because of:

1.  The lake

2.  It was in the only wet precinct in otherwise dry Denton County

I assume it's now filled with Salt Life assholes who make their living flipping empty lots.

No.  And Whitney and Paul Simon are as liberal as they come.  But the four of them are fucking insane.  I just thought we were talking about crazy Austinites, not necessarily political ones.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

No.  And Whitney and Paul Simon are as liberal as they come.  But the four of them are fucking insane.  I just thought we were talking about crazy Austinites, not necessarily political ones.  

Oh, OK.  Insane, maybe.  Certainly Paul Simon.  I give Edie a pass, except for that part where she married Paul Simon.  WTF was that all about?

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wow, you're not kidding.  Just googled images of her.  She's smoking hot for a realtor (doesn't have the big hair and pants suit thing down yet though), recently divorced, and can obviously be talked into just about anything.  I may have to reply to her letter.

"Uh, Ms. Palin.  Is it Mrs?  What should I call you?  Oh, Bristol?  Okay great, Bristol.  Well it says here in your letter 'interesting offers considered?'  Does that apply to you also?"

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

looks too much like Boobert to me.

Teen Mom OG Star Bristol Palin STUNS In A Bikini After Finalizing Divorce

Counterpoint:

111719-bristol-palin-index.jpg?quality=8

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

First, most of that area was a rural backwater before Lake Dallas/Lewisville was expanded in the 50s.  I mean, they don't put reservoirs where there's valuable land or people with any kind of stroke at all.

Now, like a lot of outer burbs, it's full of low-cost but new housing.  That provides a nice opportunity for people moving up.  It also creates a lot of semi-wealthy white trash types.  Think affluenza kid.  Think Jenna Ryan.

The outer burbs of Dallas and Fort Worth are a toxic clash of urban and rural life.  What were absolute redneck shitkickers 40-50 years ago now transplanted into an exurban hellscape.

Yep. That’s pretty much it. We needn’t forget the “Michigan” transplants who moved into these areas and think they’ve died and gone to Heaven

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Damn at least tag me next time lol, but you nailed it. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Damn at least tag me next time lol, but you nailed it. 

Haha, siento, amigo.  I didn't feel too bad about it because you aren't some kind of native.

Interesting fact.  In 2000, its population was just under 3,500, now it's over 50k.  So now the rednecks and lake trash are diluted with nouveau sorta riche.  All prime Trumpy territory.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Austinites are insane. That is now a given. Hell just look at Alex Jones. And I’m one of them.

Despite what assholes like sack may say, this board isn’t liberal. It’s just anti trump. And that is a great thing.

All hail the surly liberal cabal!

• Hook 'Em 4

Do these morons realize that while Trump can be filmed/recorded committing a crime/covering up a crime...that courtesy is not extended to lower-eschelon stooges.  And if they're relying on him pardoning them...he can't do it for another three years at best.  That's a long time to spend in federal prison.   

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

because of course they did. was less embarrassing to be a complete fucking moron before camera phones. 

That awkward day when you die and go to hell and G. Gordon Liddy asks, "What in the world did you do to get down here?"  You tell him.  And then you tell him you also filmed it.  And he just gives you that look.  

On 1/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, atomheartbevo said:

To further extend the Bosworth diversion, two of my grandsons (one with a longhorn cap and throwing a Hook 'em) got their photo with him and Ricky at ACL.

My daughter said they were both very nice to the boys.

349784199_acl2.jpg.0c2155816613ca642ff8cf49fafc5dc1.jpg

Edited by abuelo gringo
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

And it's not going to fucking lead to anything. Good lord, could you imagine the apocalyptic outrage if the roles were reversed? The Johnny Sacks of the world catching "leftist scum" politicians forging documents in an effort to steal the Presidency? It would be elevated to the biggest scandal in our nation's history by Fox. We'd be having hearings on it for a decade. But, because half the country decided that they don't want to talk about their role in supporting it anymore, we get crickets.

No fucking shame.

It's an interesting criminal law problem.  While those are literally "false election documents," I believe everyone that knew anything about them, state secretaries of state, the archivist, people of that nature, knew that they were basically a LARP, like those assclown electors that presented themselves in DC, I think, to the National Archives, attempting to transmit similar documents and were denied entry.

So they were false documents, presented to relevant people with the intention that the relevant people "rely" on them, but all of the relevant people knew that they were bullshit and none relied on them.

It's like going to a bank and announcing "I am person X and I have here checks on the account of person Y" and proceeding to forge Y's signature on one of the checks.  And going to the teller and trying to cash that check, and possibly presenting your person X drivers license.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:26 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, OK.  Insane, maybe.  Certainly Paul Simon.  I give Edie a pass, except for that part where she married Paul Simon.  WTF was that all about?

csb: back in the day when the bohemians held court at the 500 club in dellum edie knew my name and i was the first person to have them sign their CD which i bought at waterloo the day before a gig in dallas when the CDs hadn't been delivered to sound warehouse.   also, the backroom show the saturday after they were on SNL was the bomb.

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's an interesting criminal law problem.  While those are literally "false election documents," I believe everyone that knew anything about them, state secretaries of state, the archivist, people of that nature, knew that they were basically a LARP, like those assclown electors that presented themselves in DC, I think, to the National Archives, attempting to transmit similar documents and were denied entry.

So they were false documents, presented to relevant people with the intention that the relevant people "rely" on them, but all of the relevant people knew that they were bullshit and none relied on them.

It's like going to a bank and announcing "I am person X and I have here checks on the account of person Y" and proceeding to forge Y's signature on one of the checks.  And going to the teller and trying to cash that check, and possibly presenting your person X drivers license.

Obviously it depends on the statute defining the offense.... but here's a reminder that we sent a lady to prison for "illegal voting" in Texas when she said and presumably believed she was eligible, was offered a provisional ballot to fill out because she wasn't on the rolls, she filled it out, and it was never counted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, abuelo gringo said:

To further extend the Bosworth diversion, two of my grandsons (one with a longhorn cap and throwing a Hook 'em) got their photo with him and Ricky at ACL.

My daughter said they were both very nice to the boys.

349784199_acl2.jpg.0c2155816613ca642ff8cf49fafc5dc1.jpg

Should probably go downtown and have a rat gnaw those things off your grandsons faces.

• Haha 2

Okay, insane was hyperbole.  He's bizarre, but in a good way.  And fucking hilarious.  Most deeply funny people are truly disturbed.  Not judging.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:56 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Ahh, the "Tucker Carlson" defense - no reasonable person would take these slapdicks seriously.  This seems like a bit of a slippery slope, especially with the prevalence of unreasonable people roaming about these days ...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

Ahh, the "Tucker Carlson" defense - no reasonable person would take these slapdicks seriously.  This seems like a bit of a slippery slope, especially with the prevalence of unreasonable people roaming about these days ...

The facts at least support prosecuting for an attempt at the offense.