The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If any one of your wives did something bad, and then you had to take part in a public vote to say that she did something bad, how do you vote?  He’s protecting his home life. 

uh, where are your balls? my wife hates dumb ladies. maybe don't marry a dumb lady. 

• Hook 'Em 3

"No more crazy people". Golly, that's not really how Hannity talks about Rudy, Sidney Powell, Pillow Guy etc. on air now is it. 

Edit: In fairness, I'm just assuming he doesn't talk about them that way. It's not like I watch. 

Edited by Red Five

5 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

also, its weird seeing hannity as the sane stalwart of democracy.  "don't talk stolen, and 25th is on the table" is not the shitforbrains he likes to present himself as.

It's just another, no-longer-stunning, example of how people with quasi-normal values and morals will throw those right out the fucking window when necessary to appease their orange god.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

the tone of those messages is absolutely extraordinary.  shameless entertainment commentators from fox news were actually managing white house staff.  if reason, a lack of hypocrisy, introspection, and shame were something that existed amongst the the lame stream media hater types, they would have some serious mental gymnastics to perform in order to keep everything copacetic. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, sidis said:

the tone of those messages is absolutely extraordinary.  shameless entertainment commentators from fox news were actually managing white house staff.  if reason, a lack of hypocrisy, introspection, and shame were something that existed amongst the the lame stream media hater types, they would have some serious mental gymnastics to perform in order to keep everything copacetic. 

Meanwhile, on the covid and joe biden threads, right-wingers (with the usual help from Ani) are lecturing the board about media credibility. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

also, its weird seeing hannity as the sane stalwart of democracy.  "don't talk stolen, and 25th is on the table" is not the shitforbrains he likes to present himself as.

I don't believe Hannity was doing it for democracy or because it was the right thing to do or for any "good" reasons in general. Fox News/Hannity's ratings go up when they are the opposition media outlet as it is.

Getting Trump out of the White House and away from certain "crazy types" would mean getting Trump within Fox News/Hannity's orbit, which means on Hannity's show a lot.

And there was the risk that Trump would go completely crazy (crazier than normal) around the "crazy types" which could start peeling off Fox News viewers and/or end up with Trump going to OANN/NewsMax/etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's just another, no-longer-stunning, example of how people with quasi-normal values and morals with throw those right out the fucking window when necessary to appease their orange god.

Hannity has always been a racist dullard with zero quasi-normal values. He’s a gimp that would suck the grey off an elephants dick if it meant more power 

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Trump claiming that he wanted 20,000 troops at the capitol on 1/6 but pelosi said no.

37 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

That damn CnC Pelosi.

Yeah, ummm..Trump admitting that Pelosi was his boss is kind.....I'm going to have to mention that to the Trumpkins I know, that Trump was scared of Pelosi/took orders from her.

Giuliani needs to hang for his part in the fake electors plot. In fact, all that were involved - especially in the planning and anyone that signed those fake documents need to be given a bullet to the head. I volunteer to pull the trigger. 

it you support what they did, you’re a traitor to this country.

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

dean paraphrased: this reminds me of watergate when things really started getting serious

it actually mirrors a lot of watergate. 

the break-in = 1/6

the months/years of ratfucking = the big lie

i didn’t live through it, but my favorite part of all the presidents men was when they realize the break-in was just a small piece of the puzzle. 

“that was a year earlier, before muskie self-destructed.”  “if he self-destructed.”

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it actually mirrors a lot of watergate. 

the break-in = 1/6

the months/years of ratfucking = the big lie

i didn’t live through it, but my favorite part of all the presidents men was when they realize the break-in was just a small piece of the puzzle. 

“that was a year earlier, before muskie self-destructed.”  “if he self-destructed.”

It was a simpler time during Watergate when the largest media organization in the country wasn't assisting in both the crime and the cover up.  Still not convinced anything will ever come from this.

Fox News is finally fulfilling its mission and doing exactly what it was created to do.

Spoiler

If Fox News had a DNA test, it would trace its origins to the Nixon administration. In 1970, political consultant Roger Ailes and other Nixon aides came up with a plan to create a new TV network that would circumvent existing media and provide "pro-administration" coverage to millions. "People are lazy," the aides explained in a memo. "With television you just sit — watch — listen. The thinking is done for you." Nixon embraced the idea, saying he and his supporters needed "our own news" from a network that would lead "a brutal, vicious attack on the opposition." Alas, his fantasy network did not come into being at that time, and the 37th president was soon engulfed in the Watergate scandal. At first, Republicans dismissed the scandal as a Washington Post "witch hunt." But then the White House tapes proved beyond doubt that Nixon had used the levers of government to pursue vendettas against his opponents and cover up his extensive skulduggery. Disgusted GOP leaders, including Sen. Howard Baker of the Senate Watergate committee, chose principles over party. Nixon was forced to resign.

We live in a far different country today, thanks to the vision originally outlined in that 1970 memo, which Ailes realized decades later with Rupert Murdoch's money. Fox News provides an alternative reality to the "fake news," providing daily talking points to Republican elected officials and policing them the way a sheepdog does its flock. Those who dare stand up to President Trump know they will be denounced as traitors on Fox, even if they're war veterans with a Purple Heart on their chests. In Foxworld, no evidence can prove that Trump tried to extort Ukraine into interfering in the 2020 U.S. presidential election — and if he did, so what? If the president beats the impeachment rap in the Republican Senate, as he's likely to do, he should send a thank-you card to Roger Ailes and Richard Nixon, wherever they may now be.

• Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Giuliani needs to hang for his part in the fake electors plot. In fact, all that were involved - especially in the planning and anyone that signed those fake documents need to be given a bullet to the head. I volunteer to pull the trigger. 

I mean, so they tried to subvert our Democracy, overturn a free and fair election and have a dictator put back into the Presidency.  Is that really a crime?  I mean in the good old days they would just be considered some “forward thinking, go getters”.  Let’s not forget that Obama once wore a tan suit, so you see this type of stuff happens on both sides of the aisle.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

and if you vote for Republicans, you support what they did.  

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

jerry-seinfeld-nope.gif

Just because you don’t like her and dismiss her out of hand doesn’t mean that she didn’t have good coverage of all the latest developments on the legal front. She did. She’s at her best when she has a good story to work with. And she had a lot of material to deliver so you couldn’t complain that she takes too long to get to the point. It was a solid show. That’s why I suggested it.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just because you don’t like her and dismiss her out of hand doesn’t mean that she didn’t have good coverage of all the latest developments on the legal front. She did. She’s at her best when she has a good story to work with. And she had a lot of material to deliver so you couldn’t complain that she takes too long to get to the point. It was a solid show. That’s why I suggested it.

I don't doubt anything you say.  I just find her to be unwatchable (as I do pretty much all of the talking head opinion hosts on every cable news channel).

• Hook 'Em 1