2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

11 hours ago, Scraps said:
15 hours ago, brojangles2 said:
I’m a little bothered reading no re entry on the site and also on the tickets. Surely that cannot be the case. I’m going to be livid if so. 

For this tourney? Yeah no re entry bruh. Get ready to camp your ass in MMP

I have gone back and forth from bars to MMP year after year during this thing. If that has changed, its ridiculous. Kind of pisses me off and makes the all tourney pass fucking useless. 

• Like 1

Anyone know where to pick up a current texas baseball authentic team cap?? Cant find em anywhere

They don’t have them unless you have the size of a watermelon 7 7/8 or 8 in the old school cream at the Disch. Same for a very limited # in orange. No away grey.
I’ll keep it out if CR, but basically The university posted about this about a week a half ago about supply logistics (ie China) and transportation/shipping issues, so if we do have ANY coming , they are most likely sitting on a ship off of Long Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Duplantier threw a good amount of pitches tonight.  I'm guessing Gordon will go Tuesday and who knows Wednesday?  Perhaps Stewart gets a shot?

Doesn’t he have to throw bullpen or live sessions in between starts? Maybe Saturday was his BP day.

1 hour ago, CowtownHorn said:

Texas football is pageantry

Texas basketball bridges the gap

Texas baseball sustains me

When CFB is without question a semi pro league we will still have texas baseball, a legit college program that we grew up with. I’m not sure how long CFB will interest me, a lot is up in the air with NIL, but I’m not nearly as worried about Texas baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Balcones said:

Doesn’t he have to throw bullpen or live sessions in between starts? Maybe Saturday was his BP day.

Duplantier (coming back from elbow injury) threw 78 pitches on Tuesday and was brought in on 3 days rest.  Big difference between bullpen and live game action especially when you are protecting the elbow.  You saw the result.   Stevens threw 100 pitches last night the most for a starter this year.   

49 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

While I agree with the concept of addition by subtraction, I don’t think Madden belongs in your calculations.

My very point is that it’s completely mind bottling that Madden could move on and this staff improves in spite, not because of, that fact.

Ya feel me?

Edited by Cajun
Just saw Pato’s post above. Yup.
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Cajun said:

My very point is that it’s completely mind bottling that Madden could move on and this staff improves in spite, not because of, that fact.

Ya feel me?

So you’re so stupid that you think losing Madden helped. Got it 

;)

• Rage+1 1

i wouldn't blame anyone for punching their dicks over the 4-7 spots in this lineup.

i think it';s worth noting how well douglas hodo, eric kennedy, and ivan melendez have fared thus far, especially the first two. those guys have not maintained these type of stats in their careers. they're doing so at 1-2 at this point. ivan came around like any sane person would have recognized

i think this double midweek stretch will be important just for lineup building. confernce play isn't too too far away. i think mitch will turn it around but he needs a quick seat just for his own head. and if he can't get it together.... there's murph

what great problems to have

So, has there been any word on how long he may be out?  We're at the start of a 13 games in 17 day stretch leading into conference play.  Once we get into conference play we go to mostly only one midweek game per week.

18 minutes ago, WBT said:

So, has there been any word on how long he may be out?  We're at the start of a 13 games in 17 day stretch leading into conference play.  Once we get into conference play we go to mostly only one midweek game per week.

Pierce did not mention MRI.   Would think they would just for precaution.

Hope  just rehab innings  until conference play.   

Interesting the Miss St ace reliever turned starter Landon Sims is injured with possible UCL.    Sometimes it is best just to let them be,  let the pros train them to be a starter if they desire. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Let’s call a spade a spade. He’s probably having TJ soon. 

Hope to god this was just some forearm tightness they didn’t want to risk yesterday. Would be typical if he needed TJ. The Disch has some demons are some shit. Seems like every year we lose someone to TJ 

Just now, Fletch said:

Hope to god this was just some forearm tightness they didn’t want to risk yesterday. Would be typical if he needed TJ. The Disch has some demons are some shit. Seems like every year we lose someone to TJ 

Somehow missed the above his elbow part. Well…..shit 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, UTexasFight said:

A 0.73 TEAM era through 11 games (5 against SEC schools) seems pretty good.

I’m just glad the bats have shown up every game. Would hate to lose a game 0.73 - 0.

You arrogant ass. You killed us.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Probably my last game of the season, 4-1 

give it hell on Tuesday. Tx St is 10-2 

14 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

One loss and you're quitting on the team?

11 hours ago, petscii said:

So the Fire David Pierce thread gets a bump by the 3rd inning Tuesday night?

I could be wrong, but I read Putt's post as this is the last game he will see in person this season. Not that he's giving up on the team. 

• Hook 'Em 2