2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

Not sure this is the right forum,  but he would appreciate being honored.    Shocked to read that Chris Lippincott , 47, passed away from pneumonia (not Covid related).  Some may have known him or have seen him at the Disch.

Chris was a very avid Texas Baseball fan, sitting in Section 2, keeping score, and watching his beloved 'Horns, rarely missing a game.   The most congenial, the most respected, one of the most intelligent persons you will meet.    I would encourage you to read the complete story of his life below.

Thoughts and prayers for his wife and children.

Excerpts:

Outside of his family, Lippincott's real love was UT baseball. During his time as an undergraduate, Lippincott would haul his books to games believing that spectating would amount to some form of studying, according to friends

Lippincott was a fixture at Longhorn baseball games where he could often be seen on the first base line. His wife noted that even from a hospital bed, he followed UT's recent run to the College World Series.

"He said, 'Hey how bad can it be when I can watch Longhorn baseball on the TV here at the hospital?'" Elizabeth Lippincott said. 

Later his spirits were lifted by being placed in a hospital room at St. David's Hospital that afforded him a view of the UT Tower and Royal-Memorial Stadium.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/08/12/austin-texas-transportation-department-political-insider-media-expert-chris-lippincott-dies/5555994001/

Chris Lippincott, a well-known Austin communications professional, has died at 47, his family says.

• Hook 'Em 9

On 8/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, LTtxfan said:

I mean... I guess that's cool but I'm trying to rep the Horns not Trey Faltine. I guess if I was his girlfriend or family that would be neat.

(I do like their brand though and appreciate their immediate involvement with NIL)

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, torre said:

Not sure this is the right forum,  but he would appreciate being honored.    Shocked to read that Chris Lippincott , 47, passed away from pneumonia (not Covid related).  Some may have known him or have seen him at the Disch.

Chris was a very avid Texas Baseball fan, sitting in Section 2, keeping score, and watching his beloved 'Horns, rarely missing a game.   The most congenial, the most respected, one of the most intelligent persons you will meet.    I would encourage you to read the complete story of his life below.

Thoughts and prayers for his wife and children.

Excerpts:

Outside of his family, Lippincott's real love was UT baseball. During his time as an undergraduate, Lippincott would haul his books to games believing that spectating would amount to some form of studying, according to friends

Lippincott was a fixture at Longhorn baseball games where he could often be seen on the first base line. His wife noted that even from a hospital bed, he followed UT's recent run to the College World Series.

"He said, 'Hey how bad can it be when I can watch Longhorn baseball on the TV here at the hospital?'" Elizabeth Lippincott said. 

Later his spirits were lifted by being placed in a hospital room at St. David's Hospital that afforded him a view of the UT Tower and Royal-Memorial Stadium.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/08/12/austin-texas-transportation-department-political-insider-media-expert-chris-lippincott-dies/5555994001/

Chris Lippincott, a well-known Austin communications professional, has died at 47, his family says.

Also this is really fucking sad. Wish we could have won it for him. Next year. 

Campbell was playing 2B in his summer league. 

I do wonder if Campbell plays 2B next year and Daly moves to 3rd. Daly can play 2B, SS or 3B. This was a scenario I hadn't thought about but makes sense now that Campbell was playing 2B this summer. 

Edit: Looking at the starting lineups it looks like Campbell may have been playing 3B but the Foresters stats have him listed at 2B. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, LTtxfan said:

Love this...

The Sopranos Columbus GIF

and holy fuck our team is gonna be awesome this year. Wondering how we’re gonna get at bats to Campbell, Powell, Todd and Stehly is fun. A lot better than waiting for Mark Payton hoping there’s a couple runners on 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Campbell was playing 2B in his summer league. 

I do wonder if Campbell plays 2B next year and Daly moves to 3rd. Daly can play 2B, SS or 3B. This was a scenario I hadn't thought about but makes sense now that Campbell was playing 2B this summer. 

Edit: Looking at the starting lineups it looks like Campbell may have been playing 3B but the Foresters stats have him listed at 2B. 

I’d hate to see the Faltine-Daly combo broken up.  Middle D needs to continue being a real strength .. especially since we’ll have a new CF next season.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, petscii said:

I'm so starved for a game that I'm considering coming down for this as reported by d1baseball.com

San Jacinto @Texas Oct 24th.

My last in person game was @Stanford in 2019.  That's too long.

Surly tailgate?

@ztejas you down? 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fall Practice has started,  don't know when.  As mentioned above,  apparently there is a Fall schedule.   May want to follow twitter for updates.   Support staff needs to improve communication to the fan base.

https://twitter.com/TexasBaseball?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Melendez working out at 1B.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, I found myself giving up on the football analysis this morning and figuring out fall ball logistics (games should be announced in a week or two) and then how I can attend as many November/December basketball games in person.  The table is really nicely set for Pearce this season as we've hashed out after the draft.  Did we ever do that final check of whether or not every one of our signees made it to campus and enrolled?  

I count 9 transfers:

INF Skyler Messinger (Kansas)

C Kimble Schuessler (Texas A&M)

INF Jack O'Dowd (Vanderbilt)

RHP Jace Hutchins (Blinn)

RHP Daniel Blair (Winthrop)

RHP Zane Morehouse (Dyersburg)

C Preston Hoffart (Blinn)

RHP Marcus Olivarez (Lamar)

1B/LHP Cameron Dayton (Midland)

Notable omissions:

Lance Ford

Caston Peter

Peter Geib

28 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

I count 9 transfers:

INF Skyler Messinger (Kansas)

C Kimble Schuessler (Texas A&M)

INF Jack O'Dowd (Vanderbilt)

RHP Jace Hutchins (Blinn)

RHP Daniel Blair (Winthrop)

RHP Zane Morehouse (Dyersburg)

C Preston Hoffart (Blinn)

RHP Marcus Olivarez (Lamar)

1B/LHP Cameron Dayton (Midland)

Notable omissions:

Lance Ford

Caston Peter

Peter Geib

We could probably field two top 25 teams. Nutty.

About time to get there and win it. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, LTtxfan said:

Yeah I know it was practice grounders on turf, but he looked pretty smooth at short. Looks like he’s got some pop too. God damn Pierce is recruiting his ass off. We’re gonna be 02-09 level stacked for the next few years 

Stehly must be coming on strong to be pushing Messinger for the starting spot.  Interesting development.  Can Stehly play 1b or 2b to spell those guys every now and again if he ends up the 5th infielder?  

Glad to hear Duplantier is gonna focus on pitching.  We need him more there.  As interesting to watch as two-way players are, they rarely excel at one or both.  Would like to see him dominate on the mound, at least for this season.  

Any leaks on social media about any possible Fall World Series games next month?  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Stehly must be coming on strong to be pushing Messinger for the starting spot.  Interesting development.  Can Stehly play 1b or 2b to spell those guys every now and again if he ends up the 5th infielder?  

Glad to hear Duplantier is gonna focus on pitching.  We need him more there.  As interesting to watch as two-way players are, they rarely excel at one or both.  Would like to see him dominate on the mound, at least for this season.  

Any leaks on social media about any possible Fall World Series games next month?  

Stehly had plenty of starts at both 3rd and 2nd and played short when Trey got booted from the KSU game, if I recall. Campbell can play all over the infield too. 

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Per @petscii above,  we play San Jac, 24 Oct.   Reviewing the archives,  in 2019 we played McClennan and San Jac and 3 Fall World Series games.    That schedule was released 9/26 so perhaps schedule will be released next week.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2021-22/div1/schedule?teamId=dk6xuncvnirvfu7x

https://texassports.com/news/2019/9/26/baseball-announces-2019-fall-schedule.aspx

On 9/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, torre said:

Per @petscii above,  we play San Jac, 24 Oct.   Reviewing the archives,  in 2019 we played McClennan and San Jac and 3 Fall World Series games.    That schedule was released 9/26 so perhaps schedule will be released next week.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2021-22/div1/schedule?teamId=dk6xuncvnirvfu7x

https://texassports.com/news/2019/9/26/baseball-announces-2019-fall-schedule.aspx

Interesting.  Using your link we play McLennan.  

Sun. 31 at University of Texas at Austin#TBA

On 9/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, TrashMaster G said:

Trey Faltine won the Cape Cod League?  All by himself? 

Damn.

Trey Faltine’s Capr Cod league title smells of rich mahogany bats and has many leather bound gloves.  He’s kind of a big deal.