2021 Wimbledon

He has serious talent, he just always would try for a spectacular shot when a good one would work.

His backhand is a beautiful shot.

He frustrates me to no end. He should easily be the #1 next gen guy, been saying it for years, incredible talent. But for whatever reason he believes he’s a 6’11” serve-bot that must hit a winner as quickly as possible. He should be a blend of Federer’s attacking game and Nadal’s lefty defense/offense. He’s 6’0” and can move, no need to play offense on every single shot. I get that he has the power to be an offensive player and doesn’t want to run around the court all match, but he’s got to find that middle ground. Seems like he’s taken a nice step forward here.

Federer got demolished. Yikes
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Hopefully the tall tatted one can beat Barty in the finals 

Did you have a preference of "tall tatted one"s, or would either tall tatted one do?

I really would like to change the screeching rules for Sabalenka.

I think that "You have to shut the fuck up" once the ball goes crosses the net and you can't start screeching like a demon from a cartoon until the ball has crossed the net again onto your side." would be a completely acceptable rule. Dock points only, not "1. warning, 2. point, 3. game, 4. match". Just "You screech out of turn, you lose the point."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Did you have a preference of "tall tatted one"s, or would either tall tatted one do?

I really would like to change the screeching rules for Sabalenka.

I think that "You have to shut the fuck up" once the ball goes crosses the net and you can't start screeching like a demon from a cartoon until the ball has crossed the net again onto your side." would be a completely acceptable rule. Dock points only, not "1. warning, 2. point, 3. game, 4. match". Just "You screech out of turn, you lose the point."

I made my post after Pliskova knocked out sabalenka so I knew which tall tatted one would be playing Barty lol. 

yeah sabalenka’s grunts are a bit over the top encroaching distraction. Not a fan 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Pliskova has been oh so close several times in slams. I would just like to see her win one. 

She’s in the #1 without a slam club, right?  Who else belongs?  Jankovic?  I’m sure I can remember another couple given enough time.

I “taped” it. (That expression shows a minimum age.) 

Will likely watch it this week. I have zero knowledge of KP as a human, I have only been aware of the two of them since January 2020, and in that time I have found Barty to be an endearing little doughy tan Aussie who isn’t always into tennis while KP has looked like a sleepy zombie mannequin with two ugly tats and way too much material left on her face in the nose region. I know that she is a twin and former #1, but she has been a constant loser on the tour since I have been Tennis Channel aware.

So I was pulling for Ash Baaahhhhty and am happy that she won. 

But not nearly as happy as I would be if Berrettini won tomorrow. That would make me VERY Happy. 

I’d like to see “An Italian Double” tomorrow on the wearer side of greater London tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

One of you kids kids tell me if Kudermetova/Vesnina win doubles. 

Lost it 9-7 in the 3rd.  Had 2 match points on serve in the 2nd and also served for the match in the 3rd but couldn't close the deal.

• Like 1

Wow what an amazing first set momentum swing down 2-5 facing set point and comes back to win 7-6. That was fantastic tennis by Berrettini down the stretch. Talk about a mental game that guy wow.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1