Arsenal 2021-22: The Youth Movement

shadow_operative

54 minutes ago, dbecks said:

Remember when we were optimistic and almost-assured to make the Champions League?

Quite the week it’s been.

yeah. sucks. the bottom line is that the core of this team and it's success is our back four + ramsdale, and with injuries to both starting fullbacks we are proper fucked. add to that the loss of Auba (no he wasn't playing well, we are essentially striker-less with Laca up front), the loss of Partey, and how badly we struggle to score, and yeah. it's gonna be a really frustrating end of the season. 

i pray that the silver lining here is that the board/kroenkes see how well we played/how ahead of schedule we were when healthy, and then see how we're playing now and take it as a clear sign that we need at least one more major transfer window of spending and squad strengthening. a world class striker, an impactful CM, Saliba, and cover at LB are the minimum of what we need. i'll be able to stomach this impending collapse a lot better if/when we being in another great haul of talent to strengthen the squad. 

On 4/9/2022 at 11:36 AM, shadow_operative said:

yeah. sucks. the bottom line is that the core of this team and it's success is our back four + ramsdale, and with injuries to both starting fullbacks we are proper fucked. add to that the loss of Auba (no he wasn't playing well, we are essentially striker-less with Laca up front), the loss of Partey, and how badly we struggle to score, and yeah. it's gonna be a really frustrating end of the season. 

i pray that the silver lining here is that the board/kroenkes see how well we played/how ahead of schedule we were when healthy, and then see how we're playing now and take it as a clear sign that we need at least one more major transfer window of spending and squad strengthening. a world class striker, an impactful CM, Saliba, and cover at LB are the minimum of what we need. i'll be able to stomach this impending collapse a lot better if/when we being in another great haul of talent to strengthen the squad. 

We can hope. We desperately need world class quality, and then depth. Every sub in the Liverpool-City match would start for us. 

25 minutes ago, Dutch said:

We can hope. We desperately need world class quality, and then depth. Every sub in the Liverpool-City match would start for us. 

this always cracks me up when fans of other PL teams talk shit about results the last 4-5 years. in one breath they laugh endlessly at guys like Granit Xhaka being a pillar of our spine/starting XI, but then they act like it's some big crazy failure if we don't finish top 4. we haven't had top 4 talent since maybe 2014-15 i wanna say? Kos, Mert, Nacho, prime Bellerin, Santi, Coquelin, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Ox, Giroud...we were one world class striker from winning the league/advancing past the round of 16 in the CL. since then we've bottomed out, and under Arteta we've started over, almost from scratch. i have 100% faith and belief in Arteta and Edu, so if the board is willing to back them again this summer, then i have no problems remaining optimistic about the future. it's the now that's going to suck. 

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

How onbrand of us to look like dog shit vs Brighton and Palace, and yet show up for Chelsea.

Chelsea obliterates Southampton Six-nil at St Mary's. We lose at St Mary's. We win at The Bridge.  Football is weird, but what a win.  

LFG You Gunners!!!!